Montoya fooled in OZ! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Montoya fooled in OZ!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by BigTex, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    MS gets a lot of crap every year for whatever he does, but he really doesn't seem to let anything get to him. I think JPM should learn from that. It definelty was funny though, I couldn't possibly see the press pulling that on Michael though.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well part of it is, that you can make really good puns with Juan (one, won). Doesn't work that well with Michael.

However Michael had to attend a TV talkshow hosted in France, where they used some translators between German, French and English and the good man got a bit confused. The French host was saying something like "Michael, you're quite clever", but it came out as "Michael, you're a cake.". But MS kept his cool.

Just like the movie: Lost in translation
    :)

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    No, no link and I actually did not see it, but read the reports afterwards, and my wife saw it and said it was embarrassing to watch ...

Pete

4. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I wish somebody had a link to the video of that. I get the feeling that Montoya just comes across as needing to lighten up a little. He seems so bitter but then again would be to having to try to keep up with Ferrari every year.

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
  6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He wasn't filming JPM, he was following Bernie E. into the Ferrari transporter.

Hard to tell but it looked like JPM walked into HIM.

Typical "fly off the handle" emotional response from a spoiled brat, if you ask me.

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Looks like JPM doesn't have too many fans here. Well, his driving will speak for itself, for better or worse. I very much respect the self-disciplined, faultlessly corporate drivers like Coulthard, but I most enjoy the drivers with barely or not at all concealed passion. I even miss Eddie.

And, sorry speedy, I agree with JPM's assessment of the camera guy. Could JPM have been gracious about it? Sure. But if we insist everyone on Earth conform to current US norms of inoffensive politeness, the world will be as dull as a shopping mall.

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "US norms of inoffensive politeness"??????? LOL

You need to come down south and drive around with these go&*(^*& dam%&^& illegal aliens for awhile!

That'll sharpen up your response times, fo' sure!! :)

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    yep that's exactly what happened.

10. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i'd love to see the video. i looked at speedtv.com's web site but i could not find anything?? where did you see it?

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What's hilarious is that one of the Journalist asked him if he likes to play Golf with his mother. I respect Montoya's driving but he needs to cool down and stop being such a baby. He should have had a good time with the Journalist instead of acting like a Pompous Ass!

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/10033/

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/10065/

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Too funny, reminds me of Ali G !!! Direct from Staynes...

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "I don't care, to be honest" JPM

That pretty well sums it up!

I'd be a fired S O B if I took THAT attitude to the office!

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, let's be thankful we have this drama queen. At least he keeps us entertained.

F1 lives on good and bad guys. They're part of the panache.

16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I know. He's probably real sweet to Connie.

17. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

A friend of mine's husband is a doctor who has always followed CART, attended racing schools, goes to three or four races a year, etc. He has a helmet that he takes to those races, and has autographs from every CART champion, except JPM.

In his final year in CART, JPM was signing autographs, but refused to sign the helmet because this guy, an obvious enthusiast who had had this helmet for years, might sell it and make money off of it because of JPM's signature. This of course pi$$ed them off thoroughly, although it was his behavior they observed while in line to get an autograph that really ticked them off.

Some examples of his jackass, primadonna attitude they observed first-hand:
    1) Refusing to sign a child's autograph in blue pen because it was unlucky.
    2) Refusing to take a picture with a lady because she was "too ugly"
    3) Fellow Columbians were yelling through a nearby chain-link fence for JPM to look over so they could take a picture, he purposely turned away when they took the picture and refused to look back over.

Anything that assualts that sawed-off runt's ego is OK by me, if only half of these stories are true. He is obviously very talented, but he will never be a superstar until he learns to be a decent human being.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh there's lots of superstars that will NEVER be a decent human being! LOL

But when I first met Mario Andretti, standing with his wife away from the bustle, it was like ... "Hi Mr. Andretti, thanks for assisting our charity, it means a lot to the event..." we shook hands and he signed a book for me, even gave us some advice on improving our lap times!

Sir Stirling Moss was also very gracious with his signature, when I met him here in Houston at the CART race. His wife was hilarious, breaking in to his conversation on my behalf,... "Stirling this gentleman would like to speak with you.....!!"... then she complimented my tie!

THAT'S how the great ones behave. These modern guys... I don't know.

The whole Ferrari team was very nice after the USGP 1,2 the first year.
    I know from their perspective the constant hassle of dealing with fans, still....

I read that the clerk checking MS into his room in Indy last year didn't show a glimmer of recognition!

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    What a putz!!! And to think that HOT girl of his is wasting her "talents" on his little dink. What a waste. Oh well...she's missing out on the ecstasy that is TIFOSI 69 (heh, heh)

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just for the record: Tifosi12 is a different person than Tifosi or Tifosi69.

Also the 12 in Tifosi12 stands for cylinders and has no sexual connotation.

:)

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We knew that, Andreas!!!!

Did you get the mail on the BMWs????

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    12, do you feel the need to distance yourself from me? The PC police have really gotten to you. LOL

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I like anybody with a moniker of Al Al Cool J ;)

You know my bud Snoop Dog?? He was down for the Superbowl! LOL

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nah, just a bit bored at work on a Friday afternoon.

Speedy, yes thanks, got the BMW stuff and your pics. I love that Warhold M1 so much, I was thinking what would my 308 look like in those colors. They are from the same time period after all...