morbid curiosity about the 2006 F430 Spider for $80k at Braman Motorcars of Palm Beach | FerrariChat

morbid curiosity about the 2006 F430 Spider for $80k at Braman Motorcars of Palm Beach

Discussion in '360/430' started by artsd, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    This is the cheapest F430 for sale in the US right now. The reason it is cheap is because it has 55k+ miles and had 3 reported accidents on CarFax (one rear accident and two front accidents; no airbags deployed on any afaik). I did find VIN ZFFEW59A360145279 mentioned on CoPart at one point in the past which is never a good sign, but surprisingly this car doesn't have a branded title.

I can already hear the keyboards typing away "run away as fast as you can". I cannot say I am seriously interested but this car is only a few hours away from me so might be worth a road trip to check it out.

On the CarFax report there is something I have never seen before. In May 2018 it was inspected by ProView and there is a link to the ProView TrueFrame report. I never heard of ProView but apparently they inspect cars that have been repaired and score them and try to describe what repairs were done. It is a pretty cool report -- shows every panel that has been replaced or repainted.

Anybody in the southeast Florida area know anything about this car?

MILotus likes this.
  2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Tried to look at their website but there is no listing.....

Do you have a link?

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    you get what you pay for the most expensive ferrari you will buy is the cheapest one

BlacktopRacing likes this.
  4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As far as I'm concerned, the only problem with this car is that it's an F1. :eek::cool:

5. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    Miles are miles - and they always hit the cars where it hurts more, but, those are the cars that seem to run the best and are usually free of issues. Any issues have already surfaced and most likely, addressed.
    As far as the accidents, it depends on what it is. I have seem some stupid stuff showing on carfax - like a door being keyed and showing as an accident or the complete opposite, a MAJOR accident, only showing as a "dealer minor repair"...so it helps to have before/after photos of said damages.

SoftwareDrone likes this.
  6. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    The car looks good. I also have a 2006 Spider
    I think if you are really serious get another PPI (Independent) . If their report match your PPI then yes go for it. I would even negotiate for $75k
    But do take it for PPI prefer a Ferrari Dealership which I took mine.

7. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I don't think its Carfax's fault. They are a recording company, just saying.
    I blame it on the car owner who calls his insurance when his vehicle is keyed instead of opening his wallet and fixing it. You call the Ins Co and they report it. They report it and it becomes public record.

Most people who dish out as little as $80K for a used Ferrari will want a 'clean' car. Unless you have lots of $$$$ to spare.
    Any blemish on the title affects the 'clean' title and resale opportunities.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Buy it, turn it into a track car, and sell everything that is left over and not needed for that purpose. For example, sell the seats for $5,000 and buy two Sparco race seats for $2000. You will likely end up with a $50,000 reliable Ferrari track car.

9. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016

I agree with this 100% or just buy it and enjoy the crap out of it. It's never gonna be a 50k car. So you cant lose that bad.

10. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    well... it's not the resale. It's the cost to make the car run. May need a few things taken care of just to start the engine....

11. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    For that price you could get a nice 360 with more classic Ferrari looks and that will depreciate a lot less.

12. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    This car is in the showroom of a Rolls Royce dealership. Surely it at least starts up otherwise it would be sitting outside or auctioned off long ago.

LI2782 likes this.
  13. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    A 360 Modena is actually what I am looking for. I have a PPI scheduled for a 2000 360 Modena. If that car doesn't work out, I might take a day trip to Palm Beach just for the heck of it.

Dewinator likes this.
  14. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
  15. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Damn and every panel has been replaced or repaired .. top could be a 30k issue.

16. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Price has just gone up $86.9k

17. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    This car was listed for a long time at $90k before going to $80k this week and now to $87k. Not sure what the thinking is there. Maybe they got a few calls because of this thread and think their car is hot now. :)

This is not the only time I’ve seen this. There is another F430 for sale near me at an independent used car dealership that has been listed for several months. It spent weeks at $105k then weeks at $95k then back to $105k. I don”t get it.

18. aleary360

aleary360 Karting

Nov 23, 2015
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Al Leary
    I think it's best for you to invest the time and take a look at the car. You can make a better decision then. If you are seriously going to make an offer then a PPI is a must. At that point based on PPI you can negotiate. F430 a very reliable cars as long as it's been maintained. Like I said on this trend I also have a 2006 F430 Spider. You will love it. Of course it does come with small issues but not big $

19. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Why do you think prices are fixed or can only go down? IF you had moved when it was 95K that would have been the point. You didn't and the seller raised the price. It is no different than you making a lower offer. I negotiate a lot of contracts and buyers always forget that as long as the negotiation is open, the price can go down OR up.

Texas Forever likes this.
  20. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Best to look but from the pics that top has an issue. Cable at least possibly bad frame.

21. artsd

artsd Formula Junior
    Owner

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    Art
    I understand that a price can change in either direction at any time during a negotiation. What I find strange is that a depreciating asset that doesn't sell at a certain price for many months has its price raised. An F430/F1 is a depreciating asset and it is a buyer's market for them. It takes months to sell these cars. So what is the logic of raising the price after not selling for so long?

My grocery store doesn't sell a fresh head of lettuce for $1 and then raise the price to $1.10 five days later when it is wilted and ready for the garbage bin..

22. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    There is a car broker on this site that does exactly that, ask them how that's working out for them.

23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    You say 'I understand' then you immediately defend that it can only go down. It doesn't look like you understand because you are actively applying the 'it can only go down' opinion to the seller's pricing strategy. And your analogy isn't very good. The lettuce is gone bad but the car is the same, only the market changed for the car not the product.

Is that car worth 95 or 105? Heck if I know. To me it isn't worth either amount since I am not in the market for a 430. I was in the market for a 599 and I bought one that had been higher and lower in price. There was another one, a newer car and an excellent buy, but it was silver and I didn't want silver. As a result I wasn't willing to buy the silver car for the same money even though it was 2 years newer and less miles. Does that mean it isn't worth what is being asked? Definitely not. It is a great car and a good price just not my car.

Net of this is: you aren't a buyer so your opinion of the pricing doesn't matter because you will discount is more than a real buyer. It is just how the brain works.

24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    We are seriously comparing perishable vegetables with cars that have a history of fluctuating with the market? I think I’ve heard it all now...

RossoCorsaItaly likes this.