MORE DIY SHARES: $100 Stick-on (no drilling) rear wing | Page 4 | FerrariChat

MORE DIY SHARES: $100 Stick-on (no drilling) rear wing

Discussion in '360/430' started by _JERRY_, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Plenty of people, including me, share DIY experiences...however, if someone comes along with a DIY titled, "Replacing my gearbox oil with Jack Daniels Whiskey", we would be irresponsible as a community to not try to dissuade the poster.

At this point, it's an exercise in futility to even try to use logic and reasoning with you, you know it all already. We should have probably known that in the beginning, as we knew we were dealing with someone that thought it was a good idea to stick a cheap Honda Civic wing with double-sided tape on a damn Ferrari.:rolleyes:

frank320 likes this.
  2. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    RN , your true redneck is showing. Jack Daniels for crying out loud, It’s not even a bourbon why not just use some moonshine from your still in the woods. I checked the WSM ferrari actually specifies fernet branca in the gearbox.

I use Jack Daniels in my plymouth.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

RedNeck likes this.
  3. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Haha. Good example , quite extreme to put forward a point but I’ll take it at surface value.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RedNeck likes this.
  4. frank320

frank320 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Watchung NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This is probably Jerry’s daddy’s Ferrari, and junior Jerry here borrowed his daddy’s car and wanted to stick a rear wing on it to make it look “racy” in front of his friends, but daddy said no. So junior here spent his weekly allowance of 100 bucks and bought a China-made fake rear wing, double-side taped it to his daddy’s Ferrari, show it off to his friends, before removing it prior to returning the car to his dad.

How else can one explain his idiocy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brookliner7 likes this.
  5. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Haha. Here comes frank to relive the thread.
    Sorry but you’re starting to sound like a child. Heh
    Keep it up buddy.
    Oh btw, driving out now to a party, it’s still stuck on nicely btw.

6. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Will get back later and continue this banter with you.
    Don’t miss me too much.

7. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    If this doesn’t sound like a spoilt kid trying to win an argument at his local children’s playground, I don’t know what would .

8. frank320

frank320 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Watchung NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #83 frank320, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Of course I don’t want this thread to end. This is more entertaining than the upcoming final episode of Game of Thrones. Watching an idiot strap a fake spoiler onto his Ferrari using double-side tape is like watching a monkey screw a football, then watching as the monkey tries to explain to the world how the football that he was screwing is really a “female monkey”....

Comedy at its best. I hope this thread goes viral and lands on STOMP....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Me too!!!
    As entertaining as that may be, you still win with being a try-hard that won’t let go till he gets somewhere he already knows he won’t , hence your persistence in keeping the thread alive.

That being said , I’m game if you are !

10. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
  11. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Frank you do realise , till it flies off , you’re the try-hard idiot right ?
    Trying to predict something you have never even touched once with your own hands.

12. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Ditch the spoiler bro please, or at least bolt it on.

13. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This discussion is pointless. Some people just won't listen to reason. Once you realize you're dealing with someone like that, it's a waste of your time trying to convince them of anything.

frank320 likes this.
  14. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Except that goes both ways even though your statement stems from bias for sure.

15. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Still nicely fitted and not a road hazard .
    Potential hazard , that includes the infinites , just you being behind the wheel is already a potential hazard.

16. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    As much as you pseudo smartass naysayers want this to fly off, it’s just not going anywhere I’m afraid. Sorry to disappoint.

I’d love to have someone take my physical car, drive within the speed limit and dislodge this from the rear.
    Maybe frank can do it, since he’s absolutely sure it’s coming off.

If you’re not driving within the speed limit , you’re already breaking the law, for God’s sake stop worrying about a stick on wing.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This thread just needs to die. It's like kindergarten..

MaranelloDave likes this.
  18. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    I agree. Although that wasn’t the original intention.
    But there’s a tad of entertainment value no?

19. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    You know Frank will keep this alive right? He’s past the point of no return.

20. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    So I keep waiting for you to finally say "haha I wanted to see how far I could keep going with you guys, just trolling." But you're starting to worry me man.

21. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Honestly, there’s no worry. It’s not gonna be a hazard if you keep within the legal speed limits. While you’re all worried it will fly off , it’s probably because at the back of your minds , you know and can’t publicly admit here that you’re breaking the speeding law everyday you drive your car, and THEN that would possibly get the wing dislodged.
    Any of you can do a demo test yourselves, with something similar UNDER 10kg with heavy duty 3M on a track and see just how fast and crazy you gotta go before it dislodges. I do city driving daily, for me or anyone in my car to drive and dislodge it withiout breaking the traffic laws is close to nil.
    I hit it spot on? If you wanna drive like a lunatic in the city, the last thing to worry about would be a wing flying off. Probably slam you with 5 traffic charges before anything else.

22. BDubbs

BDubbs Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2019
    WA State
    Full Name:
    B Dubbs
    Adhesives break down over time... constant temp changes will speed up the break down process, not to mention soap/water during washing etc. I would have to agree with everyone else, it is a hazard. Going 60 with a 20mph gust of wind May be just enough.... maybe not. But at some point, the adhesive will break down or your paint/clearcoat will fail and just the right amount of pressure at the right time could be catastrophic. Not worth the risk to others.
    I have used 3M double sided adhesives for years, they are extremely strong, strong enough to tow a car with 2 pieces of flat ground metal stuck together with it.... so I understand how it feels to you right now, it feels invincible... but that is only until it breaks down.... and it will. Nothing personal at all here, i just wouldn't trust it when it comes to putting others at risk.
    I had a friend in high school throw a soccer ball out the window towards a girl friends car behind him as a joke, she swerved to miss it and flipped her car on a steep bank... something stupid like this could easily cause the same thing to happen. My 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    I understand what you’re saying. Do due diligence , every time you groom your car. Recheck the adhesive integrity. There are measures you can take to Ensure the install is as safe as possible.
    If you’re gonna just do this install and treat it as a fire and forget with no maintenance at all or checking now and then, then perhaps it will eventually become a hazard(as with any install for that matter, it’s just a matter of time before something wears, some faster than others) We will all die someday ya?
    But just saying “it will fly off” is based on many assumptions and negating many variables.
    My 2 cents.

24. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    All this being said . This is a shared alternative for people who would like a wing without drilling holes. If you don’t like it or don’t think it will work with your driving style , don’t do it
    Feels weird when I say this now , after 10 pages, because from the start, this was really all there was to it, still is.

25. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    #100 _JERRY_, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    The wing itself , given specific conditions that you have mentioned, even a bolt on is a hazard. Rivets can loosen from the infamous 430 engine vibrations , and if you’re not gonna do due diligence , you could be starting your drive with half the wing off.
    We should be aware of the “potentials” and take measures within our means to make it as safe as possible.
    If you take all the right “maybes” and “what if’s” almost anything can be a hazard.
    Not saying this definitely won’t be a hazard, since anything could be, given the right conditions; but saying it definitely is , is kinda silly.
    My 2 cents.