More Old Maserati Photos | Page 4 | FerrariChat

More Old Maserati Photos

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Lobo7, Oct 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    I have never seen a color pic of this scaglione designed 3500. Does anyone know what happened to it?

2. remi

remi Karting

Sep 18, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    4re308, pilotoCS, F456M and 3 others like this.
  3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    No, abolutely NO Ferrari 355 was existing in 1973!!! And such a car is standing next to the Bora. Furthermore - the wheels on the Bora were NOT existing in 1973....

Go figure...

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I see two vintage items there. I'm not clear of the exact year of either though I do know that the Bora is from the 1970's ... ;) :p

It was kind of fun watching the obvious confusion unfold. I knew instantly what Walter was talking about. I guess I should have pointed it out instantly but sometimes I'm naughty ... :p

Mike Morrissey and Nembo1777 like this.
  5. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    As I stated in post #68, the photo was taken in 2008 at Automezzi Colorado. The title of this thread is “More Old Maserati Photos”, Not “More Old Photos of Maseratis”…. Get over it, or ask a moderator change the thread title……

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    hyenahf, ghibliman, pilotoCS and 2 others like this.
  7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The Boomerang was based on a working Bora-chassis. It was running.

375+ likes this.
  8. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've never seen it in red. It was always in silver when it appeared several times in Monterey. I like that photo.

9. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    You have to realize that at this point you are simply trolling everyone else on this thread, correct?

Look it's not the end of the world. But it is a simple misunderstanding on your part and no one else's.

Have a nice day:).

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Thank you. I have seen the silver Boomerang run in person but was wondering if the red 1970 car picured was just a mockup built up for the press conference. It did not run at the conference and was a static display only like a dummy mock up

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #86 Nembo1777, Mar 12, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    Here a few more photos of it in red. I believe that it was not yet ready as a runner when first shown in red.
    After that it was made a runner and given its silver livery.

One photo taken at the factory shows technician and test driver "Cleto" (Anacleto) Grandi on the left (the other is Ermanno Corghi), possibly on the very day of an anecdote he told me.

The factory had the car for a while to evaluate it. He went out on the road and into the hills in it and on the way back stopped for a coffee on Via Emilia in Modena.

Pandemonium.

It was as if a UFO had landed, traffic stopped people got out of their cars to look at it practically blocking the avenue. Then who would happen to drive by but Guy Malleret administrator
    of Maserati at the time who took one look and said: "Cleto better finish you coffee, stop causing chaos and head back to the factory."

One year when I was at Villa d'Este, perhaps 2006 its owner AB had driven it from Nice hundreds of kms away and suffered several punctures on the way but somehow managed to arrive and of course the car was a star on that day like at all concours. In 2012 or 13 it won best of show at the Monaco concours where I was speaker, it sounded awesome like a racing car. I happened to have a Trident pin on my jacket and after the awards when I was walking away a confused spectator pointed at it and said very seriously: "Favoritisme!" I answered I had not nothing to do with the judging don't shoot the messenger:)
    The last photo by the excellent Nicolas Jeannier shows it at Chantilly a few years later being honored, again, with the late Alain de Cadenet at left, the one year he was a speaker there.

It was sold at a Bonhams auction there subsequently.

Who owns it now is a mystery, it is all very hush hush. I have asked Bonhams but they won't even say what country it is in.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

hyenahf, 4re308, ghibliman and 4 others like this.
  12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Thank Marc. Very interesting information. Another shot from REVS. If you want a better quality version of this photo taken from the original slide talk to the REVS institute. Extremely good photo collection.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

johnei, F456M, wbaeumer and 2 others like this.
  13. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So much better looking in red IMHO. That dash, not a fan but they didn't have near the technology back then to something different and functional. Looked too much like a telephone dial to me. The big difference between the silver and red mockup car is the partial horizontal door beam versus full beam guard, such as it is. Neat to look at but impossible to make back then or now.

wbaeumer and 3500 GT like this.
  14. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The Boomerang was (is ?) owned in France by an Art dealer.

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    You mean after Mr A.B. from Nice sold it at the Bonhams auction a few years ago? Thanks.

16. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes. But I heard that the car is/was still in France. But I also heard that it was sold recently to another country outside EU...
    Infos are a bit vague at this moment....

Nembo1777 likes this.
  17. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have either of you ever had a ride in it?It looks to be quite a hot greenhouse in the summer and sunshine, more of a winter in Spain sort of car ... ;)

F456M likes this.
  18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I haven't but the car was the property of a nightclub owner on the Spanish Med coast for a while IIRC:)

19. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The fact that it was built on an actual Bora platform means that it should remain a really solid prototype car for a long time.

20. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Not only that - the car had also a very good build quality for its time. And its looks fantastic.
    I inspected it once when it was owned in Germany, about 20 miles from my home.

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ...who had "decorated" the car with party lamps on both sides. :rolleyes:

Nembo1777 likes this.
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    johnei likes this.
  23. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Too much many obvious ugly uniforms for me to like. I count 8.

F1tommy, wbaeumer and Nembo1777 like this.
  24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Maserati 6CM, chassis #1565. But at that time, a 4-cylinder 4CL-engine was fitted into the car. It was later re-convrted to 6CM-specs. Both, the car and the seperated unique body survived the war - but nobody knows where the car is today. The coachwork was scrapped in the 1950s.

25. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Yep, for the small displacement class. Mercedes not happy with just winning the main class sent a few small displacement cars to beat them, although this Maserati did do some very fast testing laps. Would be cool to see this someday with a replica Tripoli body if they locate the chassis.