More Old Photos | Page 89 | FerrariChat

More Old Photos

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Bertocchi, Jan 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #2201 Boudewijn, Mar 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Actually, i'm not sure of the venue, but then i'm not really concentrating at the moment.
    As for contact sheets Boudewijn, maybe reduce them in size so they are much smaller. Still appreciated to see them and if by any chance the photographer or copyright holder does happen to see them or be a little disgruntled by you posteing them, at least they can see that you are only posting small, low res versions with no reason but pure research

3. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    #2203 piloti, Mar 30, 2007
  4. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #0286AM at the Nürburgring 1000 km 30 August 1953 with Alberto Ascari, a race which he finished first.

5. gsm4316

gsm4316 Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY USA
    Full Name:
    Gilbert Mann
    "Here's one for Gil and other NART fans. Not my photo, but bought as a contact sheet off ebay.
    Nathan"

Oh yes. Have a model of it of course. Thanks Nathan.

6. Sire Bruno de Losckley

Aug 1, 2006
    yes 340MM.
    first Sport championship make

7. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    Or 375 Plus ???

8. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  9. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Ascari 340MM, IMO....

10. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    The copyright stays with the original photograper unless there is a written contract. Best wishes, Kare

11. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    According to my doc, this car was built with a 4.9L engine (375)

12. yale

yale Formula Junior

May 2, 2004
    New York City
    Hi Kare,

You know copyright has a "term." In other words, depending on where you are, it times out after a certain number of years. And then it's public domain.

Yale

13. Sire Bruno de Losckley

Aug 1, 2006
    no, no
    340 MM "0286AM" Prova MO 49

14. Gary GT

Gary GT Karting

Jan 13, 2007
    Reidsville, NC
    Full Name:
    Gary
    To David and all the others who have contributed to this thread,

It's taken me over a week, but I've finally made it to the latest page of this wonderful thread! Of all the threads on this fantastic site this is the one that has truly taken my breath away.

I followed F1 and Indy racing as a young kid briefly from about 1968 through 1972, and Jackie Stewart was my racing driver hero. I read as many books as I could find on F1 and sports cars, and was thrilled reading about the racing exploits of Moss, Hill (Phil & Graham), Andretti, Fangio, Shelby and others. I soon developed a deep affection for Italian and British sports cars (particularly Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin and Lotus). But as the mid '70s arrived I drifted to other interests. I have not paid much attention to the sport until my interest in F1 and sports car racing was rekindled last year. As you can imagine I'm having A LOT of catching up to do!

In looking at these fabulous photos there are a few subjects that have peaked my interest more than others. One point I find particularly interesting in some of the photos is the evolution on the F1 cars of the aerodynamics, initially using splitters and "winglets" (for lack of a better or correct term) to full scale wings front and rear. Great stuff! As a kid I was always fascinated by that huge rear wing on the Chaparrals (sp?).

Another surprise were the photos from the early days at VIR. My wife and I have recently started attending events there (40 minutes up the road from us), and I've been fortunate enough to drive the track at speed in a Mini Cooper (I know, speed is relative) and ride it at speed in a Gallardo. Does anyone have any more photos from VIR's first incarnation, especially ones showing a Ferrari or two there?

I wish I had photos of my own to contribute, but alas I have very few and none that shows a Ferrari. My one prize photo of a vintage race car is one taken of me driving a 1930 Marmon race car around a dealership parking lot in the late '70s. My brief brush with racing history and I had a blast!

David, I would like to send a PM to you to request permission to use a photo or two of yours for wallpaper on my private pc. I would love to have a good 3/4 shot of the fantastic 512S and perhaps one of the great P cars on my desktop.

Best regards to you all, and don't stop posting more photos!!

Gary

15. gsm4316

gsm4316 Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY USA
    Full Name:
    Gilbert Mann
  16. Gary GT

Gary GT Karting

Jan 13, 2007
    Reidsville, NC
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Gilbert,

Thanks for the link! Wow! This will certainly keep me busy for a while.

17. JLDavier

JLDavier Karting

Mar 14, 2005
    FRANCE
    Full Name:
    J.L. Davier
  18. Gary GT

Gary GT Karting

Jan 13, 2007
    Reidsville, NC
    Full Name:
    Gary
  19. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    #2219 Bertocchi, Apr 8, 2007
  20. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    back at you, David; and thanks again for sharing your treasure trove of pictures. You help make this the best thread IMHO on fchat

21. macca

macca Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2003
    French GP at Reims 1959; Phil Hill who came second to team-mate Tony Brooks.

The race where fat old 'Toto' Roche waved the starting flag while stood in front of home hero Jean Behra, so he got away last, over-revved his engine, and punched the team-manager who shouted at him after seeing the rev-counter tell-tale when he'd coasted smokily into the pits, earning him the sack.

Paul M

22. 2000 touring sp

Sep 8, 2006
    #2222 2000 touring sp, Apr 13, 2007
  23. Héros

Héros Rookie

Jul 16, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Héros
    May be, Le Mans 1949 with the Ferrari 166 MM of Chinetti-Selsdon on Mulsanne (Les Hunaudières) straight.

24. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    #0008M back home (USA) after the Le Mans victory.

25. Ed_Long

Ed_Long Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Salem, Oregon USA
    Full Name:
    Ed Long
    Is that the old street course at Watkins Glen? Looks like American-made cars on both shoulders of the road.
    Ed