More toys. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

More toys.

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by sowest, Jan 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    #26 sowest, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Mark

The seats are out of the Toyota S800 that provided the drive train shown in the first page of this thread. I have attached a picture of the donor car in its as found condition.

Aloha
    Larry

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Wow, an S800? Nice find!

Reminds me of the time I went to visit my friend, who at the time, worked in Servco's IT department. They were in an old showroom that had been converted into office spaces. My friend tells me they have a weird-looking old car sitting in the "monitor room". I definitely wanted to check it out.

The monitor room turns out to be the old showroom floor, which was still mostly a wide open space. At one end of the room, there's a pile of dead computers and maybe a hundred monitors. At the other end is a blue Toyota Crown pickup and a white 2000GT. Both are near-perfect condition, just sitting there. I was floored.

3. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    #28 sowest, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Ken

The Servco Toyotas are mouth watering. I would guess that the 2000GT that you saw is the one that was on display in their Mapunapuna showroom before they did the major remodeling job. It was parked next to the light blue Corona utility.They had two more 2000GT's. One was a pale yellow coupe. The last time that I saw it, it was parked outside at the Kakaako parts depot with a couple of flat tires and a rusty exhaust system laying across the roof. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that.

One of the James Bond movies featured a 2000GT convertible. I believe Toyota made two or three versions of that car. Servco did have one of those, but they sold it back to Toyota and it is now displayed at the Toyota Museum in Japan. There is a Japanese language book on the 2000GT and the Sports 800 that has a picture of one of the convertible cars. The picture was taken in the warehouse Servco had on Kapiolani Blvd, in the block just Ewa of where JN Ferrari is now. The Hawaii State inspection sticker is visible on the bumper in the photo.

4. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    What year was that showroom shot taken?

5. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi Mark

Hhmmmm! You ask hard questions.....;>) I am going to say they were taken in the year 2000. That is the date stamp on most of the files, although some have later dates. I must have modified some of the files for some reason. Anyway, about ten years ago seems about right.

6. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Is the GT still around?

7. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Hi Mark

I don't KNOW, but I would feel pretty confident saying that Servco still has both of the coupes. The cars are known by the people that care about classic Japanese cars and I understand that there have been MANY attempts to buy them over the years.

I think that they are in storage now. It seems like about a year ago that I got an excited phone call from a customer saying that he was in his car, behind a flat bed tow truck with a Toyota 2000GT. He actually followed the truck to a warehouse where the car was to be stashed away. I don't remember if he mentioned the other car being there too.

Aloha
    Larry