Morton Arboretum Fall Foliage Drive Sunday 10/24 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Morton Arboretum Fall Foliage Drive Sunday 10/24

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Oct 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. My car is still in a bunch of pieces so I'm out...

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,our Drive was great. The Brunch was great,(As always at Mack's. The Food there is fantastic. You MUST Try them for Dinner sometime...:) )And,the Weather was absolutely Unbelievable!!!! What a Day!!! And,it was really Great to see everyone. And,meet their "Better Halves"...:) And,lets not forget the Cars...The Beautiful Cars....:) Hope that everyone made it Home safely.

And,we got to the Morton Arboretum just in Time. There wasn't much of a line to get in when we got there. But,when we left,the line was waaaay down IL.53. (And,after this,I KNOW that our Cars CAN handle a Parade..:) )

Unfortunately,most of the Parking Lots were filled,so we couldn't really "Map Out" what we wanted to see. And,I brought along a bottle of White Zinfindel that I forgot about...:(. Oh Well...next time...:)
    But,we were able to Park along the Roadways and take some really Cool pictures. I also got some Video. We were able to see everything,though. A really nice place. It's Beautiful there all year 'round,really.

Steve B. We saw you as we were coming in. They had "No Parking" signs along where we saw you. But,we drove on a little further where we could pull over and Park,and waited for a little while to see if you were able to turn around and join us. Would have liked to have met you,And checked out your Car! Dave B.was with us in his Grigio 308. But,he also owns a 512BB.

Well,we have yet Another Drive Planned for Next Saturday,if you,and anyone else want to join us. We really do have alot of Fun on these Drives. And,it's always nice to Drive along with other Ferrari Owners,Enthusiasts,or Car Lovers. This Drive thats planned for next Saturday is really a good one..(well,they all are,as far as I'm concerned...:) ) Some "Spirited Driving" is Planned for some Old,Wide Open Country Roads,along with some Beautiful Scenery....You won't want to miss it.....:)

3. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Frank,

Yes, that was me in my 365BB. My wife and I could not make the brunch today but we decided to visit the Arboretum and hoped that we could catch up with you. After about 40 minutes of snaking through those roads at slow speeds, my car was heating up and I needed to get some air flowing through the radiator quickly, so I hit the road. Weather permitting, I definitely want to participate on the Starved Rock drive, at least on the way down. My parents live in that direction, about another 40 miles down the road, so I may use it as an opportunity to visit them and return on Sunday. I would really like to meet you guys and I will make it happen. Cheers,

Steve Biagini

4. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    The weather was picture perfect for today's drive. What a great day to go topless! Thanks for leading us through the Arboretum Frank, and yes, you were right about timing. When I left there must have been a mile of cars waiting to get in.
    How about that run away car that hit the tree ? Someone parked their compact car where we had pulled over. When we left that spot, the car was driving in front of our group, ran off the trail and slammed into a tree. Except no one was driving the car. The driver must not have set the hand brake when it was parked and it just rolled down the trail.

Steve,
    Wish we could have met. I would have loved to talk to you about your Boxer.

I will be posting some pics tomorrow night.

Dave

5. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Dave,

I also look forward to meeting you and comparing notes on Boxers and any other Ferraris we have been lucky enough to own and/or drive. Maybe at the Starved Rock drive? You have a black 512BBi, right? Fantastic car! I took some pictures of my Boxer on Sunday and I will try posting them tonight.

Steve

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,the Drive next Saturday will be mostly high speed. To keep the Cars happy....:)

7. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Sorry I missed you all and the drive.. I was working overtime in the garage trying to get something back together on the red car. At about 7 am I thought I'd sit a few minutes before going in to get cleaned up for the drive and I ended up nodding off in the garage.... Haley came out to there and scared the heck out of me.. lol.. knocked on the door at about 11 and I jerked awake in the drivers seat and for a second I thought I had fallen asleep driving...
    Hopefully I'll get some rest this week and be able to make the upcoming drive
    Chelle

8. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Hmmm, I tried to post some pictures of my Boxer, taken on the same day as the Arboretum drive, but I am getting an error message regarding excessive file size. Any help for the technically challenged?

9. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Steve,
    You need to size your pics prior to F-Chat upload. Try 615 pixels for the width, then save the pic to your hard drive. Upload from your sized file.
    Dave

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    As in Highway driving...No slow rolling like at the Arboretum. My car was a little bit Hot,but,not bad at all. It made it through with flying colors. Now I know for sure that it can handle a Parade or slow rolling event like that.

It certainly was happy,though,once we pulled out of there and got on IL.HWY.53,and then IL.HWY.56.

11. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Steve,
    My Boxer is currently going through what I call "an extreme make-over" or complete bumper to bumper detail. I am happy with every aspect of the car, but I want to bring it up to a higher standard than it is currently. The detail will take me the better part of winter so I decided to get started a couple of weeks ago. I will also be going through the electrical & cooling systems just as a piece of mind. Sometimes we forget that even though these cars make look young, they are still 20+ years old.
    I'll have to PM you with some pics & details of what I'm doing.
    Dave

12. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #37 Dave Bendl, Oct 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's some pics from yesterday's drive. In only a very short time, these colors will all change for the worse. If you haven't been there yet, I highly recommend it.
    Enjoy,
    Dave

Steve: Had to size many of these down to 580 pixels to get them to load.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Beautiful pictures, Dave. When I reduce the size on my pictures and upload I am losing clarity. There must be a command that I am missing or limitations i my software?. I can E-mail them to you.

14. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Steve,
    You bet. Send them over.
    Dave

15. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Dave,

I don't know how to attach the photos to this F-Chat message. It is easier for me to E-mail them directly from my photo software. PM me with your E-mail address and I can send them over.

Steve

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It took me awhile to figure out how to get pix to post. I realized that I had to Reduce them in size,under 640X640 megapix,at least...sometimes even smaller. (But,they come out bigger when you post them.) Then,"Save" them like that. Then when you scroll down,below where you are originating your post. You will see "Manage Attachments". Click on that. Then,open up and Browse for the Picture that you are looking for. Upload it. And,it should go. Then, Submit Reply.

17. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Thanks, Frank, I will try again tonight.

18. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    #43 Steve B, Oct 26, 2004
  19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Beautiful,Steve! I hope that we can check out that Baby up close sometime...Hopefully this Saturday...?...:) And,we'll certainly have plenty more cool Photo Ops. I was also making a Video,and will bring my Video Camera along Saturday.

Dave B...and what is that on your Dash Pod...?...:) Certainly not needed at the Arboretum,thats for sure....:)

20. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Nice job on the pics Steve. I sent you a PM with my e-mail address last night, but it looks like you figured it out.
    Love your Boxer. We need to get together at some point and talk.
    Dave

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This Saturday....:)

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nice car and shots Steve! Do me a favor please: Turn off the date in the cam.
    :)

23. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    Unless the weather turns nasty, I will be on the Saturday Starved Rock drive with the Boxer. I look forward to meeting you guys (and gals?) in person. I do need to figure out how to turn off the date stamp on the digital camera. I am still one step behind on the technology front but I will get it figured out.

24. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    #49 chasking, Oct 30, 2004