Moseley.....Go away major teams.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Moseley.....Go away major teams....

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jun 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Just as you should never underestimate an opponent when it comes to business negotiations the other fellow's character is quite germane.
    Like in the Sherlock Holmes story its the dog who isn't barking that may be most important. IOW Where's Bernie?

2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    So it could be just Williams and the four new teams.... what a great season that will be. Theres no way Max and Bernie can afford to let this happen, surely the all the teams have got them by the short and curlies. Of course the teams actually going through with it is a different matter.

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I am thinking William, Brawn, Force India, and probably BMW stay FIA. Briatore as Briatore GP, I am not sure about. Plus only 50-60% of the new teams. Well, actually, I think the odds are 95% all of the teams stay, and 75% that Ferrari stays. Same with the new teams.

As to can they, Max and Bernie, afford to let this happen, I believe the question to be can Bernie afford to let the grid fall below 20 cars? And what contractual penalties would they incur? Personally, I think they would let it happen.

As to who has who by the shorts and curleys, I don't how there can be any conclusion either way at this point in time. I don't underestimate any of the players.

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bernie likes keeping F1 in the press, good or bad.

He will gag Mr spank when it's time, remember somebody set up Mosley.

5. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Staying quiet this long is out of character for Bernie. Which makes me think somethings brewing.
    As far as gagging and spanking, well that's beyond my expertise:)

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I mentioned in another post, that knowledge of the other person's character is important in trying to understand how they may respond to an offer. But that has nothing to do with the strength of their position. Even bad guys can hold a winning hand.

The dog that isn't barking may just be trained only to bark when it is important. Or their vocal cords were cut out.

Max's character was/is questioned because of an orgy with hookers, and possibly a Nazi uniform. He won his law suit and received a settlment. With the lifestyles and glass houses that many members of FOTA live within themselves, do you really believe that anyone sitting at the negotiation table with Max even remotely cares about that? Remember, I think only Toyota and BMW were critical of that escapade, even Jean Todt (remember him from Ferrari?) supported Max. Ecclestone supported Max and even helped find out who set him up. Don't you think that Flavio has had his share of orgies?

If this MaxVision were such a big deal to the people actually involved in F1, Max would have been gone a year ago. In my opinion, its only a big deal to the peanut gallery (us) because some can't come up with a solution to F1's future better than whats been put on the table by the FIA.

David, I don't believe in abortion, but I support the right of other's that believe differently. As for Max, if it were true, and I have never seen visual proof, the only issue I have with Max's triste is the Nazi uniform. Otherwise, I could not care less what this guy does in his personal life as long as it does not involve children or rape. Apparently not many in FOTA care either. Its just that they never got caught.

I will say this again, Max's past personal life has nothing in reality to do with this negotiation. Zero, zilch.

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ermm no doubt, However no matter where you read stuff different forums ect, the same message keeps cropping up

MAX MUST GO!

Max must have aubergine's stuck up his earholes..:)

I mean lets face it he must have the worst personality in England. And as you can imagine, that's up against some pretty stiff competition..;)

8. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Yeah, i was only going off what the article said which was bar williams all the teams have put in a conditional offer to be in F1 for 2010, obviously that doesn't include the news teams that have just joined because they want to be in F1 next year no matter what. But i'am sorry if i missunderstood that to be all teams.

I agree with you about who can afford to let all the teams form their own championships the least, but it wouldn't be in Max's best intrest either because he is the one that came up with this idea. Which in tern drove the teams as well, so he could loose his job.

Finally the short and curleys bit lol. I think the FIA and the teams are throwing sucker punches to each other, and eventually there will be a KO (sorry for the boxing referance). Who will it be..... right now i can't tell but someone will get what they want.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Actions lie louder than words wake up.

10. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I can think of quite a few people in that competition right now. But yes i agree. :)

11. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I agree that everyone is entitled to their personal lives, and I don't look to bring them in to arenas where they don't belong.
    I have a lot more against Max as a regulator than anything else. Every time he looks to cut costs they go up. He has made too many rules changes too often. His stress on greening F1 gave us the problematic KERS an unneeded distraction. But more than anything else his approach in dealing with the teams has been needlessly adverserial for too long. Ironic considering that he took over the FIA as a champion of the teams.

12. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    MAx should just be ousted.Or maybe assasinated.

13. 16m

16m Rookie

Dec 26, 2008
    Mexico DF
    Full Name:
    16m
    Wich new teams are interested or subscribed for the next championship? Thanks in advance

14. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
  15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Dave do you think his personal life was dragged into the sport from someone within the sport, because I do.

And that is why it matters, IMO, like it or not.

Even Bernie at the time said it would be best if he left, before he back tracked for some yet unknown reason.

He lied to his own family for years that is his true characteristic, and to think he govern's the sport in another way is plain laughable, he was made an embarrassment in Monaco last year, his ability to do the job ie meet and greet and was rendered completely useless and still is IMO.

How anyone can give support to this man is beyond comprehension to me, it's an embarrassment.

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Its not, shall we say, unlikely, that someone within the F1 community outed (or set up) Max. But absent a smoking gun I don't think its fair to assume that. The press is always looking to take down anyone in authority on its own.
    While I do think that personal behavior should be allowed as much latitude as possible a person's character counts when he's in a position responsible for the well being of others.
    I assume that Bernie thought he was history when he cut him loose.

17. 16m

16m Rookie

Dec 26, 2008
    Mexico DF
    Full Name:
    16m
  18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    According to an interview with Bernie back when this was an issue, they know who ousted Max. And just maybe that person has already been taken down.

We are not talking about a child molester, a convicted felon, we are talking about a man that got caught in an orgy. WTF???

19. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1 Absolutely!

20. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    ARGH
    Now I know how Michael C. felt in God Father III!
    I keep getting sucked back into this Max business. (my own DMN fault I know)
    No more personalities or histories for me.
    I will never say the man's name again, referring only to the FIA.
    I feel better now:)
    Thank you all,
    David

Anybody got a Zanax?

21. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If the 2010 regulations are not set now, then how can new teams design and build cars for next year?

It isn't going to happen unless the rules are set, delaying the decision will cause acute embarrasment to the FIa when they all pull out.

I hope new teams will enter, but without the big guns the whole series will become a minor side show.

Sorry Mr Mosley but you are way out of line and destroying the F1 spectacle

22. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Here's the current list as of today:

Prodrive, Lola, USGPE, Campos Meta 1, Team Superfund, Lightspeed, March, Formtech/Brabham, Epsilon Euskadi and N. Technology

It should be noted that the Brabham family is seeking legal action for the use of their name.

Carol

23. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    According to this article in AutoSport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75812, BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen stated that the idea of the FOTA's conditonal entries was suggested to them by Max Mosley himself during the meeting at Monaco.

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    The teams have yet to receive an official response from the FIA? Another example of how what's said to the press bears little resemblance to reality.

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Not my words but from a blog:
    It is amusing to see that names like Brabham, March and so on are being revived to give the FIA championship some names that people might recognise if the current teams are excluded next year.