Moseley.....Go away major teams.... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Moseley.....Go away major teams....

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jun 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    And linked to the names till associated with the sport. One of which I swore not to speak:)

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL just say it mate, Max Mosley ahhhhhh now pass me the Zanax is a tranquilizer used in the short-term relief of symptoms of anxiety or the treatment of anxiety disorders..

I had to google it ..:)

3. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Where is "Lotus" when you need them ?

4. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    #54 Forexpreneur, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    No but they can call it F Done :). Frankly Hoseme, er Mosely wasn't exactly sure how to handle the situation so he talked with George W. Bush and Bush gave him some advise; "You are either with us, or ...". LOL

How does Ferrari spell relief? Hopefully ALMS!

Anyway let's get real. The FIA are French. Name the last war the French won? ;)

5. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No BRM? No Shadow? No Surtees? WTF? I call BS!!!

6. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #56 jknight, Jun 5, 2009
    Sorry to disappoint but relief is LMS ! ! ! competition is lacking in ALMS except for GT2

Mosley was throwing comments about regarding the glitz of holding a FOTA meeting in Monaco and no less on the Force Blue; just had on Inside Grand Prix the enormous party held by Force India on the Indian Empress with the teams.....bet Max didn't receive an invite.

Carol

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Carol I invited Max to a Wine and Anthrax party but he didn't come the ignorant git...;)

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    What's the new avatar?

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's a subtle BrawnGP type pic I like.

Me thinks Max is breaking his own rules if he accepts Force India, he may well fall into another Medal system type trap.

I thought the deadline was Friday last week, surely he can't be meddling with his own rules again ..:)

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i hope ferrari, bmw, mercedes, and renault call his bluff and quit and start their own series. when max comes crawling back they will only agree if he and bernie are ousted and never comes back

11. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Now I see it. Cool.
    Who is is this MAx person of which you speak?

12. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ferrari is the key to whole thing IMO.

If they crack it's game over, Force India it makes no odds.

There is talk in the paddock of a deal between the manufacturers binding them together with a penalty of €50m if one breaks away from the others. If nothing else this suggests that they do not really trust one another. Nor is it clear whether such an arrangement is actually legal…ermmmmmmm

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ha ha you said it you lasted a day..:D and I don't care that is an x..

14. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Je ne comprend pas.

;(

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL love it ... you remind me of one of my mates, really.

He had the brain of a four-year-old boy, and he was glad to get rid of it....
    my edited version of a- - - Groucho Marx --brillant line...:)

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Quick find me a four year old child.
    Hail Freedonia! Site of the next expansion GP

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #67 kraftwerk, Jun 5, 2009
    LOL just read some dialogue in the film where Firefly, ruler of Freedonia holds a cabinet meeting: cracks me up it's so so funny.

Anyway I above at least tried to keep this thread on track Mr Firefly..:)

18. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Thing is of course that it's being descided behind closed doors. We'll find out when it's over. Might as well have some fun:)

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ok I'll have a wee dram and toast that..;)

20. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&id=46030

Sorry if this is a repost. I haven't seen it in any of the similar threads yet.

Max Mosley has suggested to the FOTA teams that they go off and start their own series if they do not like the terms on offer in F1 next year.

It is a high-stakes game that both sides are playing here.

The teams have made it clear that they will not enter the 2010 world championship unless the rules are basically the same as 2009 and the Concorde Agreement is signed by June 12.

As things stand the two sides are a long way apart with only a week to go before the deadline.

Mosley has been encouraging the teams to do their own series for some time now. I’ve heard him say that for several years.

He always compares the situation to a restaurant: The teams may eat there every week and spend a lot of money there, but that doesn’t mean they own the restaurant.

The FIA owns F1 and, as things currently stand with no Concorde Agreement in place, the mechanism for making the rules is slanted in their favour. This is one of the reasons why the teams want the new one signed.

Mosley says that the FIA would be obliged under EU law to sanction a new series or at least not stand in its way, but I imagine FOTA would want a complete break from the FIA.

The teams do not seem to want to talk openly about the idea of their own series so far, but I wonder if that will change this weekend.

On paper it does seem like a very bad time for the manufacturers to incur the expense of getting something like that started.

But some of them feel that maybe this is the right moment to break free of Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone once and for all.

BMW’s Mario Theissen said that he feels the solution lies in a negotiated settlement with the FIA.

But the existence of the possibility of a new series is a way for the FOTA teams to play a strong card at this vital moment in the process.

On paper a new series looks quite impressive; there are some very strong team names, backed by major corporations.

The key would be Ferrari, who probably have the most desire to go their own way, but who appear to have a legally binding contract with the FIA.

What happens next really hinges on whether that contract is binding or not.

Of course the sponsors would want reassurance that the TV package the teams could put in place for a new series would deliver strong numbers and there is no way that a series started this late could get close to the numbers F1 gets.

But some FOTA team managers believe that some strong TV deals could be done. They may not make the kind of money Ecclestone makes from his deals for F1, but in some countries there would be some money to be made.

And in key markets like the UK, Germany, France, Japan, Brazil it should be possible to find strong TV networks willing to show it.

Italy would be interesting, as the head of RAI has already made it clear that they would want to review their contract if Ferrari were not in F1.

The easy bit would be putting the cars out there. Each team could easily field three cars, making 24 cars (if Force India decide to stay with the FIA).

And finding the circuits would be a doddle since many of the recent tracks, which Ecclestone has abandoned because the promoters cannot match his fee demands, are up to modern safety standards.

You could easily imagine a championship featuring races at Silverstone, Magny-Cours, Imola, A1 Ring, Valencia, Jerez, Fuji, Montreal and so on.

Each of these has some money to offer the new series, even if it isn’t F1 money.

But a new series would only have to raise half of the revenues of F1 for the teams to be getting the same income, as currently they only receive half of F1’s commercial revenues anyway.

If nothing else the teams still hold these cards in their hands and there is no doubt that if they turned out not be to bluffing and went ahead and did it, then Ecclestone would have huge problems with the TV companies and promoters he has done deals with because the F1 field would be missing its top names.

The finance company behind Ecclestone, CVC, would have immense problems servicing their debt or selling the assets.

The final note is to say that it’s interesting that Mosley not only is suggesting that the FOTA teams do their own series but, according to Theissen, he also suggested that they put in a conditional entry.

“When we had the meeting with Max in Monaco, it was his idea to put in a conditional entry,” Theissen said.

“We are now really committed to find a solution with the FIA to go forward together,” he added.

21. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Max is a confirmed head case. This guy needs adult supervision. And Bernie looks like he needs Depends half the time. One of the few truly world-wide sports is being run (into the ground) by a couple of old gits who can't see past their own Swiss accounts.

Jack.

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Don't think its a repost. Interesting info, thanks for the post. No matter what happens, the attorneys reap the benefits.

23. Estranged

Estranged Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    LA

Just simply out of curiosity, what would it take for Max to get fired from his job? Does he only answer to the FIA? I know he is the president of the FIA but if enough people get pissed off at his actions what would it take to remove him? I can't believe it would be easier to start a new series than to remove that lunatic.

24. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Wouldn't bother me at all if the major teams left, I'd follow them and leave the Max & Bernie 3-ring circus behind in a heartbeat! I suspect the majority would do the same.

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Max has structured the FIA in a way it makes hard for him to be removed, like any good dictator, IIRC he has to answer to the EU, the European Union for competition.
    Although he has moved the FIA out of Europe in the past to avoid this.

There have been lots of folk in teams vocal in his criticism and have his called for Mosley to resign, only they have to face the wrath when racing, no win situation.

In December 2008, Mosley said that he was still intending to stand down when his term runs out in October 2009, but will take the final decision in June of that year.

Take that statement as a jcomplete joke has said it numerous times before.

As I see it, the only way for him to be removed is when enough members of the FIA stand up and have the balls to vote him out.

And that couldn't come a day to soon IMO.