Most AUTHENTIC driving experiences. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Most AUTHENTIC driving experiences.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F1Ace, Jul 31, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    996 GT3 ... simply perfect in every way. The only thing I can think of that could ever come close, is the new 997 GT3, but only time will tell.

To be fair, I've never even sat in a Stradale.

Bill

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    330 gt 2+2

The way a wood wheel glides thru your fingers on a nice road is as good as........, well it's good.

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Of the cars I have owned my top three would be

1.) 61 Ferrari 250 GTE - big old Wooden Steering Wheel, no power anything, just fun driving - albeit slow but involved - and it had a tendency for something to break - which added to the overall challenge of driving :)

2.) 79 Porsche 911SC Turbo - just fun Raw Porsche at it's best

3.) 67 Ferrari GTC - much faster and better handling than the 250 GT - also a blast to drive.

4. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I haven't been lucky enough to sample some of the exotic dishes mentioned so far in this thread, but I must say my S2000 does the trick for me....

Authentic is 8700 rpm 2nd gear on a windy road top down on a summer night. It screams and the chassis is alive.

Great little car, it could use a bit better gearing to get the sweet part of the power band in to a more usable range for spirited back road driving, but there just happens to be a fix for that... :D I'm just not sure I want to be buzzing along at 6000rpm on the highway :rolleyes:

5. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    F50. Hands down over all the other supercars, over every car I'v ever driven.

6. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    WOW...nice to hear someone chiming in for the F50 for a change! Bravo!

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The Challenge Stradale has to be the most authentic driving car I have ever driven. It felt like a race car (well it is). But it felt more than that- a much higher emotional connection than any other car I have driven.

Another good car I have driven that had alot of chairecter is the S2000. What a car for the money I have to say.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I finally got to drive a 993TT today on some hilly backroads, and I have to say that it was what I had hoped for. It was one of those rare times when expectations meet up with experience. I still want one!

Also, I drove a 430, and I was surprised how sharp, loud and fast it was! I've ridden in several 360's and a couple of Stradales (on track and highway), and the 430 definitely a step above in intensity. I don't know if it was the more direct steering, throttle that zipped to 10k (while trying match revs in a downshift), or the owner's nervousness letting a youngin' redline his new F430, but it was definitely a more intense and nervous experience than the comparatively docile 993TT.

9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    My 996TT

After 20 years of Corvette ownership (and hating Porsches....you had to sign that form that came with the owners manuals), I couldn't believe the difference could be so great in power, performance, braking, and even the little things like the unique flat-6 sound, good stereo and a high quality interior.

Oh, and saying goodbye to Chevy dealers didn't suck either.

10. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    1984 Rolls Royce Silver Spur-there is nothing like driving a rolls, the looks you get, the nods, the way the car drives, nothing like the drive of a ferrari or lamborghini, but the luxury and power definitely takes the cake for me