Most collectable Ferrari watch.....???? | FerrariChat

Most collectable Ferrari watch.....????

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by patpong, Nov 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
  2. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    i didnt know cartier mad one. i guess ferrari owners can afford that though

3. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Collectible, perhaps, but it's not the most attractive watch I've seen...and it certainly appears "well worn." The Rolex that my dad wears daily, which he purchased on my parents' honeymoon (early 70's), is 10x shinier than that...

4. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    #4 FerrariStuff.com, Nov 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Patpong,

that Ebay watch looks like a no-brand third party watch to me.

That's a kind way of saying that I think it's a non-authorized one.

If it was a high standing brand, it would certainly have been mentioned.

I am still happy with my 1950's one-off Bulova (read: the former owner had the logo applied in the 1950's) which is having its cristal replaced at the moment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    #5 Wolfgang, Nov 24, 2005
  6. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Wow, very nice....... the one ebay looks like yours without the stop watch feature.... Sometime I see the horse shield without the SF letters, make me wonder. If your doesn't have then, mine is ok...

7. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Wrong! Cartier made official Ferrari watches in the 80s, so the watch on Ebay is genuine. I know, I used to sell them.

May I suggest that you guys go here for more info?
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63318

Nathan

8. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    Nathan,

I am not saying that Cartier didn't make Ferrari watches....

The fact that they DID make them does NOT warrant that the Ebay watch IS indeed a Cartier... If that would be true, then EVERY watch on Ebay would be a Ferrari Cartier...

Let's face it... if you have a genuine Ferrari Cartier for sale... and you're putting it on Ebay... would you be so stupid as to leave ANY reference to the fact that it IS a Cartier out of your description?

The seller is NOT stating that it is a Cartier, merely that it is a "Ferrari Wrist Watch" purchased in Monte Carlo.

I don't understand why he added the "value added" "purchased in Monte Carlo" but would leave the fact that it is a Cartier out of his description if it was indeed a genuine one.

If he is the original owner and purchased it from a genuine retailer (even Monaco has a gipsy market... you just need know where it is...) his paperwork would have shown him that it is a Cartier, a fact that one would certainly remember).

I also think the photos are too vague to be able to determine if it's genuine or produced by "the Cartier family branch that emigrated to China"

So, I personally wouldn't invest in it but everybody is of course entitled to his or her own opinion and/or buying decision and maybe it's indeed genuine and turns out to be the bargain of the week....

9. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Hell, even I own a Ferrari Cartier....

10. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    I have the very first factory authorized Ferrari watch - made by Vetta in the early 1950s. I also have all of the licensed ones that followed - made by Zenith, LeMania, Heuer and Cartier. I also have some ultra rare Cartiers commissioned by Enzo himself. These are solid gold, automatic, and individually numbered in tiny editions that were given to drivers (like Clay Regazzoni) and other high profile friends. A similar one was actually given to the Pope in the late 90s, and has been detailed in an old issue of Ferrari World. Email me for pix.

Morry

11. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
  12. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Here is one of 250 gold watches commissioned by Enzo back in the 80s.
    Morry

13. morcal

morcal Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2003
    Turin,Italy
    Full Name:
    Cal
    #13 morcal, Nov 26, 2005
    Wolfgang, you are right . Have got as present ( believe or not ) this watch by the hands of Mr Ferrari ( the Drake ) , the black box with guarantee is same as yours. The manufacture might be by Longines , technical sponsor in the '80.

14. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Jack
    I'm sure this particular watch was made by Cartier. Perhaps the reason that the seller didn't mention Cartier is because he perhaps didn't know it is Cartier. I used to sell these watches in my Ferrari store back in the 80s. I was not an official Cartier watch dealer but I was allowed to buy from Cartier and sell them. They were not branded as Cartier and were not allowed to be sold by anyone as Cartier. But if you looked at the guarantee it said "Return to your nearest Cartier agent for servicing". So the vendor may not know it is Cartier, and his paperwork may not mentione this fact. Mine never did - we weren't allowed.
    I have never seen a counterfeit of this or any other of the Cartier/ferrari watches. Some of the GPs were faked, and there are plenty that claim to be 'genuine' Ferrari and aren't, but this looks like a genuine Ferrari Formula (made by Cartier) watch to me.
    Nathan

15. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Congratulations, this is Cartier.
    Nathan

16. christopher

christopher Formula 3

Nov 29, 2003
    Ontario California
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I'm reall glad some started this thread, I could you some expertise:

I bought a Girard-Perregaux wrist watch at an antique store a few years back. I had actually biought it because of being a advid Ferrari memorabillia collector.

Interesting to note that it's silver (Chrome), yellow face, kind of herring bone style texture with a small black horse above the hands as the numbers are in standard fashion. There is a crest on the reverse with a number above the creast #1791 Swiss made.

Any detail on this is greatly appreciated.

Chris

17. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    #17 piloti, Jan 4, 2006
    Just found this old photo I took for an advert when I had my Ferrari shop. It shows just a few of the many styles of Ferrari Formula (by Cartier) watches.
    Nathan

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have a three dial chrono like Wolfie's...stainless on sharkskin band.

And the matching pen like in Nathan's photo.....

It came with a 1:18 model and a Cartier Edition of 'Piloti Che Gente' which is notable 'cuz it was a bigger version than any other, more photos and such.
    It had a picture of Enzo on the front, as seen over a 312PB (?)

As opposed to the other versions of the book, that had Klementaski's photo of Peter Collins at the wheel, either sepia tone or in color depending on edition ....

I finally found a watch guy that could do the Cartier batteries, it has a 17 point hex nut on the back........the old 'Ferrari Special Tool' trick! ;)

19. ferrariwatcher

Jul 10, 2006
    Hi, I came across this site as I googled "ferrari watches." I have a vintage Ferrari watch from the mid/late 1980s. Finding information on this watch has proved extremely difficult BUT I did find out that Cartier did in fact produce all the Ferrari watches of the 1980s (and not their Chinese or Taiwanese division.) Does anyone out there have one they could send/show a picture of? Mine is a ladies watch in gold and black (no idea what this material is) and the face is gold with a grid pattern and horse. The back says "Swiss Made" and a serial#/i.d. is etched. Most of the info I find does not include pictures and so I can't exactly validate its authenticity. Thanks for your help. A Oh I see a picture above, post #13, which is similar to the one I own.

20. Philmodelcar

Philmodelcar Karting

May 19, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Philippe
    should someone be interested, I own almost all official catalogues of the Cartier watches, so please feel free to contact me with picture and I will be able to determine at first look if it's a Cartier made or not.

21. luxurybazaar

luxurybazaar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #21 luxurybazaar, Jul 12, 2006
  22. just_watch_guy

Jul 14, 2006
    deridder, la.
    Full Name:
    frank
    hi guys iv been reading this post after a long net search for this watch i have acquired. its a Ferrari 7 jewel quartz Swiss made watch. i have come to believe its by cartier. iv been collecting and trading vintage watches for a while as a hobby and a bit for profit. and this is the first of its kind iv owned. i was just wandering if any of you guys may can tell me anything about it. and maybe its value. or maybe where it might have been sold. because i think it is a beautiful piece and am intrigued to know more..it keeps perfect time since i added a new battery i just need to find a nice band for it..any an d all input would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance. oh by the way my email address is [email protected] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  24. Reggnell

Reggnell Rookie

Nov 10, 2006
    I have a Ferrari Formula Watch that I purchased in Mexico back in 1990. The watch band has broken and needs to be replaced but I can't find out anything about where to look for the replacement band or for that matter even the official web site would be useful. Can anyone help with this?

25. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Check with your local Ferrari dealership, they may be able to help. Or with the local authorized Cartier dealer.