Moto GP 2022 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Moto GP 2022

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by LVP488, Mar 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    So am I ! I prefer an European bike to take the title rather than a Jap bike. Honda and Yamaha have dominated for years.

Unlike in F1, there are customer teams, and no team orders at Ducati. That make Bagnaia's job more difficult.

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So Italian companies could win against Japanese factories despite the inherent flaws latins have in their mentality ( your own words in F1 section)
    Happy to see you have changed your mind !;)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Make no mistakes i am really happy Ducati will win because they really deserve it.
    You just don’t realize what Quartararo is doing with this bike.
    Lorenzo, Marquez and Dovisiozo already commented on him.

4. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I had much of a headache because of problems that factory Ducati-s had at the start of the season, so I didn't especially follow the problems other teams have, but all in all - I was happy that the 2022 season made some new championship contenders to arise. Many riders deserve to be praised, and all in the paddock know that it is not an easy task to beat Quartararo. Especially for the length of a full championship season.

Honda and Yamaha had years and years of being the winning team in MotoGP. That makes even more sweet for Ducati if/when they will have their MotoGP champion again.

william and jpalmito like this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I haven't !
    One cannot compare F1 and MotoGP; they are 2 different environments.
    MotoGP is more relaxed, less pompous and more down to earth; it's also better managed !
    F1 has become a cesspit riddled with intrigues and accusations; MotoGP is still clean and not plagued with inflated egos.
    Italy has largely contributed to motorcycle racing and has a proud heritage with Benelli, Moto Guzzi, Gilera, MV Agusta and now Ducati.

6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Quartararo is a hit-and-miss affair. The guy is so inconsistant !

7. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #32 kandi, Oct 17, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    From my sitting couch perspective :D - that whole F1 circus became more and more artificial,
    and with bigger and bigger cars, also heavier year by year (compared to MotoGP bikes, F1 cars are tanks, yes - tanks :p), I rarely see the sport and the top-level rivalry that I'd like to see.

Some breath of fresh air was the early 2022, when Verstappen and Leclerc traded close fight wins in few races, but even then it started to become cat and mouse DRS-game and so on )

Thankfully I can watch MotoGP races (also WSBK races), so I can still admire the motorsport at the highest level.

MotoGP has better races (thank God), you can follow from 1 to the last lap, there are more different pole setters and winners during the season, that makes the whole competition really engaging.

And what is more beautiful sight than a rider leaning in a corner on a motorbike .
    Does F1 have it? No, even with 2022 cars' appeal, F1 can't even touch that :)

william and jpalmito like this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The reason for that, in my view, is that with customers bikes and satelite teams, more riders have access to the top bikes in MotoGP.
    So there are more riders involved in the fight at the front, and no team orders or strategy: it's full on from start to finish.
    Also MotoGP doesn't need gimmicks like tyre change to spice up the show; races are exciting without artificial add-ons.

In F1 at the moment, if a driver doesn't have a Red Bull or a Ferrari, there is almost no chance to win.
    So GPs have become processions, more than races. The cars are NOT spectacular like MotoGP.
    The atmosphere in F1 is too stuffy, too elitist; MotoGP looks after its audience, F1 is just a glorified rip off now.

I used to attend both years ago, but always prefered to be among a crowd of enthusiast bikers.

kandi likes this.
  9. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Very good post ^^ ,
    @william @jpalmito - this MotoGP thread is really a relief from all other "fan" based threads here. It is much closer to the spirit of sportsmanship. Maybe because people here behave more friendly and try to educate by understanding others, or maybe because the MotoGP overall is fundamentally on a more healthy level than F1 ;)

I will be missing Suzuki in 2023. They leave MotoGP but they showed they can still win. (Fresh win on Phillip Island)
    Seem to recall an info some time ago, that maybe some private team will be representing Suzuki in MotoGP, but I missed any news since then.

jpalmito and william like this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, I think the scene in MotoGP or WSBK is healthier than in F1 The audience is different, less "show-off", less polarised, and supporters can mingle freely without the sort of attitude I see in F1. Over the years, F1 has become too elitist, and just the ticket prices encourage that tendency.

I will miss Suzuki too, a brand that has won several championships in different categories.
    Suzuki is the make that brought the 2-stroke in winning circles: others copied it.
    My compatriot Barry Sheene, for example, is always associated in my mind with the best years of Suzuki.
    It's amazing they can still give us a swansong in their last year in MotoGP.

kandi and jpalmito like this.
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Indeed Motogp remains a popular Motorsport like rally in France.
    Paying more than 1500€ for a Formula One ticket is a pure nonsense.
    Guess this won’t last long..

LVP488 and william like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Exactly my feelings.

13. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Someone bothered to do some calculations for the possible outcome of the very passionate 2022 MotoGP season :

How Francesco Bagnaia can win the 2022 MotoGP title at the Malaysian GP

"Ducati rider F.Bagnaia stands on the precipice of an historic first world championship coming into this weekend’s penultimate round of the season, as he aims to become the first rider to have overturned a 91-point deficit and brush aside five DNFs to win the title. (...)"

read more at:
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/how-francesco-bagnaia-can-win-the-2022-motogp-title-at-the-malaysian-gp/10386872/

14. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #39 kandi, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Looking forward to tomorrow's MotoGP race on Sepang circuit. Let's hope for a clear dry weather, and no crashes.

*) rider in reach of the MotoGP championship title

Starting grid:
    1. Martin (Pramac Ducati GP22)
    2. Bastianini (Gresini Ducati GP21)
    3. Marquez Marc (Honda)

4. Bezzecchi (VR46 Ducati)
    5. Rins (Suzuki)
    6. Marini (VR46 Ducati)

7. Morbidelli (Yamaha)
    8. Vinales (Aprilia)
    9. Bagnaia (Ducati)

10. Espargaro Aleix (Aprilia)
    11. Mir (Suzuki)
    12. Quartararo (Yamaha)

In WSBK,
    Argentina GP qualifying - 5 different manufacturers in top 5:

*) rider in reach of the World Superbikes championship title

1. Yamaha, Razgatlioglu
    2. Kawasaki, Rae
    3. Ducati, Bautista

4. Honda, Lecuona
    5. BMW, Redding

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

MotoGP:
    Incredible to that the customers Ducati clearly in front of the factory team.
    There will be a lot to do for Bagnia to get near the front.
    I think Quartararo will be handicaped by his broken finger, although he plays it down.

WSBK:
    I root for Ducati there too!

kandi likes this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Bagnaia still not champion, but in a very good position before the last race... Quartararo was again impressive today, third place was astonishing considering his grid starting position and his bike.
    Bagnaia has to win this year, because next year will be very challenging, with Bastianini in his team, and both Marquez and Quartararo probably back in the game.
    In WSBK, Bautista is also in a good position, but there are still two rounds and many points to take.

17. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I hope that taking championship crown (from 91 points behind Quartararo, during the season) will finally fully reward 'Pecco' and Ducati team.

A podium in the last race would be also nice.

william and Sharknose like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hope Bagnaia will not take unnecessary risk tomorrow, and just look to keep his points advantage.

Hopefully the other Ducati riders won't get in his way.

19. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Easy to say :-D But I think he's ready to win the championship.
    Also many Ducati-s crashing during Quali made him cautious but also involuntarily stressed.
    (Zarco crashed just before Bagnaia arrived at that part of the track, add to that Bastianini and Miller who crashed earlier )
    So despite J.Martin (Ducati) took the pole, and Miller starts from 3rd, Ducati may not be the best suited bike for this track.

'Pecco' has to ride his 'own' race tomorrow - start good, stay out of trouble, keep the rhythm to the last lap, and we will announce that a new champion is born!
    I can't wait, guys !

william likes this.
  20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    So it's done - first rider's title with a Ducati since 2007...
    The race wasn't as intense as some, because several riders had to manage their position in the championship; on the other hand, Fabio's 4th place probably shows the limitations of this year's Yamaha (actually, Bagnaia made many mistakes early in the season; without them Quartararo would not have had any chance to look like he could be fighting for the title...)
    Bagnaia was able to overcome his mistakes, which shows that he's a true champion, no matter what some could say about the Ducati's superiority.
    Next year will be interesting, but it's a pity that Suzuki gives up since it was proven again today they could be at the front.

kandi, jpalmito and william like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    An Italian bike rode by an Italian driver has beaten the mighty Japanese Factories.
    Ferrari do you hear ?

ingegnere and kandi like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well done Bagnaia !! Well done Ducati !!! An Italian on an Italian bike !! The last one was Giacomo Agostini on MV-Agusta.

I'm so happy that a non-Japanese bike wins the championship. It has been a long time coming.

jpalmito and kandi like this.
  23. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #48 kandi, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    I'm really thankful for this MotoGP season. Many dramas, many joyful moments for many riders and different teams. Yeah, it's a pity that Suzuki is leaving. But they've made it with style with the win today :)

To me, the opening laps of the race were very good, with 'Pecco' not shy to overtake, but after he lost some aero part after contact with Quartararo, the tension grew a bit
    ... Especially that Valencia is a demanding track with low grip (because of old degraded tarmac?), and we saw even Marquez crashing after a few laps, while trying to keep racing pace.

I was wondering then how the broken off aero part was influencing Bagnaia's pace, because he was overtaken by KTM's and Suzuki which have proven to be were very fast today, even faster than Quartararo.

Finally even Ducati-s from sister-teams overtook 'Pecco' with a few laps to go, so I started to think how he's managing all the disadvantages. Especially when seeing Jack Miller running in 3rd on a similar bike. And then ... Miller crashed.
    In that moment I realized that Bagnaia was doing great job, bringing the bike home.

And the job he has done in last races, was giving him the title anyway, unless Quartararo would have won today etc. , which was not going to happen this time. So ... really mature ride from 'Pecco', knowing his Ducati limitations today.

The very last, "little" unknown to the championship title was cleared for good.

F.Bagnaia #63 Ducati, the Champion!!!

Valentino VR#46 has to be so proud of him as well.

Sharknose and william like this.
  24. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not moto gp, but in world superbike Bautista just secured the riders world championship with his Panigale v4R :)
    First title for Ducati in wsbk since Checa in 2011.

william and kandi like this.
  25. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I've been waiting for that title as well.
    Winning the title from Rea, Razgatogliu is a memorable success. Real congrats for awesome season to Bautista.

Also Ducati on top in manufacturers standings with one racing weekend to go.

william likes this.