Motorway Drivers | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Motorway Drivers

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by D11VE:J, Mar 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Sitting on the bog with a laptop chatting on F-Chat is not a job M8

2. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    I heard it was a big jobbie :D:p:D:p:D:p

3. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    The A449 is an unlit section of dual carriageway with no hard shoulder wher vehicles regularly exceed the 70 mph limit. That's why the vans go there.

That's their justification for it, however you'll find that the Traffic dept view it differently and as a result very very rarely go there to catch speeders. Indeed if we do go there then we look for good 3 figure speeders not the 85 + that the vans get.

The CPS state that it is safer to undertake than tailgate but that isn't to say it's safe to blast by at 90 +.

In relation to Closeshave hating coppers then that's fair enough, we hate people that drive like lounatics, doing donuts on public roads etc etc!! ;o) I look forward to making his acquaintance one day, perhaps he'll come away hating us no more?

Cheers,

Mike

4. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I think i speak on everyones behalf when i say that our 'Boyz and Girlz in Blue' are some of the most underpaid & undervalued civil servants within our society.

Closeshave, may i suggest you do the same or were your comments in jest :D

5. Welshman

Welshman Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Worcestershire
    So if being unlit is a criterion why do you only see them there in daylight? BTW pleased to hear that you BiBs have better things to do than take snap shots of people doing 86 in a 70.

6. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    I agree

Awful behaviour, I don't blame you

Of course I am kidding. I understand the police have to deal with some awful things on the road, accidents and such like, I couldn’t do it. The Police have a very tough job, and my utmost respect.

7. MOD500

MOD500 Karting

Feb 28, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Martyn
    Poor lane discipline really gets on my nerves too.

I have started flashing people out of lane 3 myself recently, it was driving me mad sitting behind them for miles on end whilst tumbleweed freely blew about the other two lanes. I have lost count of the number of times I have moved from lane 1 to 3 to overtake recently too.

Over the last few months this has really started getting to me when driving the turbo, so go playing at 6:30am on a weekend now and get home before the roads are filled with dangerous loons.

8. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    I think the most amazing/funniest thing is how upset people get when you are forced to undertake them.

I will usually wait patiently behind them for a good few minutes for these numbnuts to even bother looking in their mirrors - then I will indicate that I 'd like to overtake and then finally I will flash them - so all in all at least 5 minutes will have elapsed with them knowing that I would like to overtake.

When all else fails I will undertake as quickly as possible, only to receive inordinate amounts of vehicular abuse! What the brain dead w4nkers don't realise is if they moved over in the first place I could have overtaken them far more easily and with no aggravation to either of us!!

9. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004

10. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J

You would be the first one in there, it is not right to drive in the outside land doing 70 when the inside lanes free, with a queue of traffic up you boot lid, with a mobile phone in one had and pot noodle in the other.

Sounds like you would make a great copper

11. Foxy_355

Foxy_355 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2004
    Berkshire, UK
    My pet hate on Motorways are the one's that blindly pull infront of you or very nearly into you because they didn't look in their mirrors or chack their blind spots. arsehats. :)

Very nearly had the BM wiped out the other week thanks to a guy who clearly drove using psychic powers...

Foxy x

12. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    Sounds like my old man

13. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    Children should be seen and not heard sonny Jim.

Daddy

14. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    tell us some embarrasing baby storys daddy about your little boy

15. D11VE:J

Nov 9, 2004
    After he took a picture of me eating me curry whilst driving up the M1 last night I am shutting me gob as he threatened to post it if I said any more about him. I was definately not using the phone though, that is a no-no. Can't be fined for avoiding passing out from mal-nutrition.

On the other point, Fatherly love prevents me from telling stories about him, just as you would not tell stories about stevep.

D11VE:J

16. Babylon

Babylon Karting

Jan 2, 2004

17. greghurst

greghurst Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    Casa de Hurst
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    My pet hate is having to brake for those inconsiderate sods who pull in to lane 3 to overtake someone in lane 2 WAY (and by WAY i mean at least 1/4 mile) in front of them when there is nothing behind me!!! My closing speed is obviuosly greater than theirs, and they would notice that if they used those funny sticky-out things next to the A pillar and that odd thing stuck to their windscreen!!! Why not just wait until they are a little closer to the car in front, as by then i would have gone by and not have to exert G-forces on me that aren't recommened by doctors!! I can see that there would be enough time for me to pass them and they would still have enough time to overtake the car in lane 2 safely.