Movie: The Grudge. How Was It? | FerrariChat

Movie: The Grudge. How Was It?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TigerAce, Oct 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    The original Japanese version was the scariest movie, as I couldn't go sleep that night. The image of those white face haunted me that night. Story is simple, and as a whole movie, it wasn't that bad. It's the sound effect & the image of those scenes...

Friend forwarded me this link, and immediately after I realized what it was, I closed it. <http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegrudge/site/flash/>

Part 2 is already available in DVD in Japan. I'm debating whether I want to watch it or not.

Let me know if you liked US version. The director is the same, so if you have a chance, watch the original, too.

2. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    I haven't seen it, but I don't think that it could be at all scary. The concept of a pale faced 9 year old girl just isnt frightening.

3. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Not sure if it's the same director as The Ring; now I don't get scared easily but The Ring scared the hell out of me. One of only two movies i'm scared of. Now if The Grudge is by the same director and is basically the same thing in Japan which has some pretty messed up movies, I can't wait to see it.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Mike,
    If you think the original movie was about pale faced little boy, it's not. It's about weakness of human mind at certain state. Watching this movie alone in a house & watching this movie in a theater would be little different in environment, so the result would be little different. Not everyone could be scared of this type of movies though.

Brandon,
    "Ringu" the original was directed by Hideo Nakata, "JuOn" was directed by Takashi Shimizu, who also directed the Grudge. If you got scared but enjoyed the Ringu, you'll be scared, too, w/ JuOn. I know I have to watch the Grudge myself, but I was wondering how it was.

Guess the Grudge may not be doing well on theaters at the opening since nobody here saw it (or at least it seems)

5. twinturbo

twinturbo Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Saw the movie last Friday ... only one scary moment in the whole movie and it's because it catches you by surprise ... which is the way a scary movie should be ... the movie has a terrible plot and horrific acting ... it also tried to scare you over 20 times but before you were to be surpised by the so called scary moment you had a good 5 min warning via the music and the stupid look on the actors face ... very poor attempt at a movie and a great marketing team with their advertising and commercials ... DON"T SEE IT!!

Tried to walk out or sleep through it but the girlfriend wouldn't let me ...

Dario

6. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I've only heard bad things so far about it. I guess I'll forget about it. Now I'd like to see "SAW" which looks very good. There's another movie by the director of The Ring, called The Eye I believe in which someone receives an eye transplant from a dead donor and starts seeing dead people. I've heard they may make an American version. That would be great.

7. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Dario,
    I talked to 3 people who saw the movie, and they all said the original was much scarely. (2 of them don't even understand Japanese, so they were reading sub-title) I like Michelle G, so I may enjoy it better than you guys.
    I'll wait for DVD rental!!

Brandon,
    I heard about "The Eye", but haven't seen it yet. Although by reading movie magazines, I know the story. It reminded me of "Eyes of Laura xxx" w/ Faye Dunnaway though.
    There's another movie that the story evolves w/ a cursed cell phone, which was made by the Suzuki, I think.

Original "The Grudge" was freaky because of the actress & kid actor's performance, and the effect of that loud clicking noise when they move...

Too bad the US version is not getting good words.

Thanks for input, buys.