Moving jobs - can I finally afford my dream? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Moving jobs - can I finally afford my dream?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ZBanks, Oct 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Is there a bridge on the property?

sjd

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    SF Bay Area and South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    2009 calling... yes, you can.

3. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    To the OP: Keep in mind that I didn't take my own financial advice back then. And I've enjoyed the hell out of that Corvette and still have it.

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    While the op is really the only one that will ultimately know how his finances are I can share my current situation for consideration. I was supposed to be shopping for my first and car right now however an opportunity presented itself a few months ago.

While the only real want on my want list is a Ferrari California, an apartment complex came up for sale, one I had previously wanted to purchase before the owner took it back off the market. So I decided to purchase the appt. complex with the savings I had earmarked for my future Ferrari purchase as down payment. The idea is to increase disposable income and possibly open the door to newer and even different models while still increasing positive cash flow. Hopefully I still have plenty of years left to purchase and enjoy a Ferrari, but purchasing a property that generates income was the right financial move for me and my family.

paulchua and JimEakin like this.
  5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Only if you sell

6. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    well, lots of folks sold back in 09. They "lose"

put it in another way, the 3rd and 1st quote are in direct contrast with each other.

BMW.SauberF1Team and Jaguar36 like this.
  7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sure