Moving on | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Moving on

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ZORRO212, Jan 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I'm going to push back against the black wheels again. They simply look horrid and are a waste of one of the nicest F-wheel designs to come out of Maranello.

Here's what a giallo 812 looks like with the black TdF wheels. All the detail is lost and the wheel arch becomes a black hole.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here's the current look of the car - much classier. But I also appreciate that a darker wheel (not necessarily black) shows the calipers better.

So how about a grey or diamond cut grey wheel? (apologies for the F12 TdF, I couldn't find this wheel on a yellow 812)

Apologies for the last two - they crept into the post and I can't delete them but the last one shows an all grey twist wheel on a yellow 812SF and the penultimate pic is a close up of the diamond cut TdF wheel on a blue 812SF

Attached Files:

BaronM69, of2worlds, Dicecal and 3 others like this.
  2. ZORRO212

ZORRO212 Rookie

Dec 12, 2008
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I was told to look into installing Skid Plates under the front bumper of my 812 Superfast
    If anyone out there knows how much it costs and if it’s worth it
    Please let us know

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I had my dealer install skid plates for $2,035. Not sure they are necessary. I have a lifter and have never rubbed the front end. I guess it’s better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

pcht5 and of2worlds like this.
  4. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Did you have it done at your local F dealer?
    Can you please post pictures? I’m thinking about doing it for on my 812.
    Thanks.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yes, my Ferrari dealer. Unfortunately, I do not have any pics, and the car is at our lake house for the winter. I hope to get up there in the next couple weeks. When I do, I’ll be sure and take some photos. I wish I could help sooner.

6. dolphins08430

dolphins08430 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2011
    Thank You.

Thecadster likes this.