Mr. Glickenhaus | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Mr. Glickenhaus

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I'd like to remind ALL (including Steve and His Stevophiles) that just because something is recorded or printed in some form or another doesn't make it (historically) accurate or correct.
    Regardless of subject matter, any and all "history" with at least two conflicting views has at least three perspectives, which all can widely differ from each other and most of the time, contestable "recorded history" is just (often biased) opinion of it's recorder.

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #302 miurasv, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    Very hard to contest period photographic evidence of the actual car with details of its chassis that prove chassis DP3 is not chassis 0846 by the very many differences from the front to the back. Pictures are not biased, not the kind you are talking about anyway, and pictures do not have opinion. Then you have the engine in JG's car which is provably a 3 litre 312 F1 engine, not a 4 litre P4 engine as JG claims.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The "new relevant material" I was referring to was for 002 and the earlier cars. Although I have not seen the book the art director for it and I held conversations during its creation. They had access to factory files and photos that had not been published previously. Does it provide definitive answers in some areas that had had unresolved questions? Again, not having actually read the book I can't say.

If you are trying to use this new book as a way to try claiming that JG's "0846" could still be the real thing, then come to a screeching halt. Go past all of Steve's evidence and dissertations, it is known who built the chassis. Just because you don't know that tidbit doesn't mean the information is not out there.

A tragedy in all of this saga is that JG has some extremely wonderful cars. Ferraris with no question marks on their provenance. Ferraris that should be celebrated for what they are and represent. JG certainly appears to have a genuine fondness for these cars and ensuring that they are properly taken care of. I certainly enjoyed how he put the Dino in the Pf wind tunnel and what was discovered. But, like Nixon and Watergate, one just can't forget a significant part of the picture.

JAM1, technom3, miurasv and 1 other person like this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    gee thanks for the reminder of the obvious. Which by the way is why it is important to combat the media machine that is JG on 0846. There is no equal platform to say it without sound slanderous.

So please share that with all of the JG sicophants.

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And .....
    I'd like to remind ALL (including Jim and His Jimophiles) that just because something is recorded or printed in some form or another doesn't make it (historically) accurate or correct.

Texas Forever and miurasv like this.
  6. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #306 miurasv, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    I know you didn't mean it as one, quite the opposite actually and said to diminish what I actually did, but I'll take the above as a compliment to the research/hard work I did in finding the truth about DP3/"0846".

7. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #307 miurasv, Oct 2, 2018
    So I am a hateful troll for doing the research and posting the actual evidence and facts of the matter that prove DP3 is not 0846. Quite frankly that's laughable as a certain person might say.

8. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #308 miurasv, Oct 2, 2018
    What did the fact that I was looking for a job have to do with the facts of the matter? Did that change the facts of the matter? Now let us see you challenge the evidence? You won't because you can not challenge it.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Trolling and truth can be inclusive of each other.

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Only according to a troll. You are attempting to tarnish the truth I have researched and posted as trolling as you and some of your moderators have unjustly done in the past.

11. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    No, you're a hateful troll for incessantly posting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting and reposting..... the evidence you found and presented years ago, at every opportunity presented by the mere mention of JG's name, or anything that can be associated with him. ANYTHING.

We get it.

Ducman491, WJHMH and BJK like this.
  12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #312 miurasv, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Absolutely ridiculous. And no you don't get it as you say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Glickenhaus posting and reposting all over the net and in the press to this day that he owns the real Ferrari 0846. Rather than comment on that you attack me which is very sad. The information that I have posted regarding Modulo is correct as well and verified by the actual designers of the car in writing. You are typical of the many who post and attack with no real
    knowledge of the facts.

Glickenhaus has been continually posting and broadcasting this nonsense for at least 16 years. I only got involved around 2014 and I am made out to be the evil bad boy for posting the truth.

13. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    LMAO - Even in your "No I don't!" response, there it is.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It is not appropriate to use this site to try and balance the traffic Glickenhaus is able to generate on the remainder of the internet. If you can't face off with him where he is, then that's too bad for you. You may consider his advantages in this regard "unfair", but your attempts to perpetuate this battle with Glickenhaus here, when he is no longer even posting here, has worn thin with most people.

ross, JL350, BJK and 1 other person like this.
  15. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #315 miurasv, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2018
    But it is okay for people to post about his new cars with the intensity of a sponsor whilst he is not posting here.

16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #316 ylshih, Oct 3, 2018
    Yes, people are reasonably entitled to talk about new cars. This is a car site. If it were overdone, that's a different story. But a thread or two is not overdone.

If you have something new to talk about fine, but if you post to rehash old battles, that's a different story. Note that you were only banned for 30 days from the Ferrari Modulo thread. That was to allow you to pursue the point you had raised again once your ban expires, as it is a new topic. However, I would not use that as a platform to bring up 0846 again in that thread.

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What's funny is the person who started this thread hasn't said boo, as far as I know, this whole time. Wonder why?

18. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    This must be the only thing that gives Steve's life meaning. Its his windmill in a sense. Honestly, every time I see this never-ending crusade of his, it only makes me feel sad and embarrassed for him.

To be clear, I say this presuming he is right in his finding on the car in question. However, its his inability to have any clue about how he comes off, his inability to know when the argument is won and give it a rest, that make it sad and embarrassing. I realize he doesn't (can't?) see any of that and thus won't see/realize that his behavior is both sad and embarrassing. And - thus - the crusade goes on...he is a poster child for how to take a "win" and make it a "loss". Steve, try some introspection on this! (folks here - who are on your side in the car argument - have suggested this to you in this very thread...think about that)

rob lay, willrace and Texas Forever like this.
  19. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Has anything in this thread answered your question, and do you still miss him?

Ducman491 likes this.
  20. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #320 miurasv, Oct 3, 2018
    Another ridiculous post. That I contributed to the 0846 thread does not disqualify me from making valid points about claims made regarding Modulo. I was perfectly entitled to make comments, especially ones that I can back up. My comments regarding 0846, apart from one to John Houghtaling in another thread, have been mainly due to personal attacking ones like this one from you and your other pathetic post attacking me earlier in this thread. That you claim my argument is now lost because of my comments in response to rubbish from people like you is again ridiculous. So DP3 must now be 0846 must it? I am ROTFL.

21. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I know this kind of stuff drives post counts, which is good for FerrariChat marketing, but I question the wisdom of keeping this thread open in the general area. There are already threads were this stuff can be hashed and rehased forever. But leaving this one open is what the lawyers call motorcycles -- an attractive nuisance.

22. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    LOL. Your point about the car doesn't become a loss, no..that's not what becomes a loser...(I realize you can't/won't understand this, but I was actually trying to help you)

Ya think? :D (this thread should have been merged long ago, or least the posts/content related to the dead horse moved to that thread and/or posters asked to move their comments there)

23. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    This thread should be merged with the 0846 MegaThread, as I did with so many threads many years ago.

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

24. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I don't need help like yours thanks.

25. arizonaitalian