Mr. Glickenhaus | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Mr. Glickenhaus

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Easy there author, didn't make me have any hairy babies

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jakuzzi and JAM1 like this.
  4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #354 miurasv, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Yes, he must have done some, but not enough and unaware of the later photographs and info proving the car does not have a binned and resurrected 0846 chassis. The fuller pre edited magazine article also has a photo of Ing. Forghieri's 14th March, 2016 letter to JG.

5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Have you communicated the later with him so that he can update his article?

6. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    No, I haven't. I haven't looked into how to contact the author. There is provision for comments to be made. I think. But I guess contacting the author would be better???

7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You might post comments in that section, and reach out to the author via twitter (@rowanhorncastle) since it doesn't appear he has a direct email address.

As Rob said, it certainly looks like he has done some measure of research based on the language he used in his article. I'd also imagine since the article you linked to says "some edits have been made", Rowan has come across more of the details about this replica that compelled him to remove the early and mistaken (directed) Forghieri letter Glickenhaus has used to perpetuate his story. The only issue at this point is the notion JG has a "binned and resurrected chassis 0846" in his possession... so provide Mr Horncastle the evidence and see what he does with it.

I'll say again, it is probably worth putting together a youtube photo montage with all of the info that exists to show JG's car isn't 0846 (in part or whole). You'd be able to provide a cut and past link that people could easily review and see all of the documentation, photos, etc for themselves rather than having to read bits and pieces in comment sections of various sites. Put it all on the table and have it in a way that is clear, concise, and easily digestible in a 3-5 minute video. I think it would be very difficult for any writer or observer to ignore an A-Z explanation done in that way.

miurasv and Texas Forever like this.
  8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I finally threw it away, but I used to have the "book" Glickenhaus put out about his car in the early days.

9. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    To whom it may be of any interest: DP2 can never be certified by Classiche with a red nor a white book; the s/n or VIN is still in their ownership. Ferrari is now busy settings many things right with some important "Gestione Sportiva" race cars.

10. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #360 miurasv, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    DP2 is the Piper P4 replica made with 0858's 350 4.2 litre spare engine, transaxle and corners that David Piper has had the number 0900 stamped on the chassis, but that number belongs to a 312P(71). Unrelated to Glickenhaus.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    The small written section of the magazine article that relates to JG's P3/4 (replica) has not been edited. The Forghieri letter picture has been omitted, as have a number of other unrelated pictures, but there was no reference to it in the text and the picture of the letter was very small anyway which made it virtually unreadable.

12. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I posted in the comments section of the Top Gear article.

That will be more work on top of the large amount of work and research I've done already.

JAM1 likes this.
  13. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don't disagree Steve, but you've got the bulk of the work at hand and completed in terms of research. This final bit would put it out in a way that's easily distributable and take the issue to the front lines. I see no downside in taking this across the finish line and if I had related expertise I'd do it for you myself. Perhaps someone with relevant abilities would be able to assist you on the last couple of steps.

miurasv likes this.
  14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    But...... as I've always understood #0846 is a real car, correct?

15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #365 JAM1, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    It was a real car, destroyed decades ago after severe crash damage. The car JG owns is a P3 replica purchased as such from and built by David Piper that was later doctored up to look like it was built from parts of the original car with Mr Glickenhaus going so far as to add a chassis stamped number for 0846. But in the end, its a fugazi!

technom3, Nospinzone, Jakuzzi and 2 others like this.
  16. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Thanks for the clarification. :)

technom3 likes this.
  17. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Fugazi! LMAO! That word still makes me laugh (first time I heard it was in the movie Donnie Brasco)

technom3 and Ducman491 like this.
  18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hey Mike, fugeddaboudit!

technom3 likes this.
  19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lmao! That one too :)

technom3 likes this.
  20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think Mr. G will be coming to COTA with his new car, in November.

That's news, as I understand it.

atomicskiracer, DIGMAN52 and Jakuzzi like this.
  21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Re: Rowan Horncastle - the authour of the Top Gear article.

I sent him a tweet and messaged him on Instagram but he did not respond.

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Wow! This thread borders on P&R! Ive read the whole thing and still don't know what to make of it!

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #373 ylshih, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Permanent thread ban from this thread for bringing up SCG after being thread banned from the SCG thread. Plus 30-day site ban for attempted circumvention of thread ban.

A thread ban is applied when it has been determined that you've abused the posting privilege regarding that topic and it means that topic is closed to you either on that thread or any other thread for the duration of the thread ban. If a thread ban is permanent, the topic is closed to you permanently.

If you bring up JG or 0846 on an unrelated thread or bring up a topic you are on a thread ban regarding elsewhere, then you will be banned from the new thread and have additional site bans applied. Right now, you get to discuss 0846 on the 0846 thread and Ferrari Modulo on the Ferrari Modulo thread. Because you've abused this thread, you no longer get to participate in discussions at the meta-thread level (i.e. what happened to JG, why he does or doesn't post, the significance of the 0846 thread, etc). You do not get to bring up banned (for you) topics on other threads when the relevant threads have been closed to you.

showme1946, Jasonberkeley and JL350 like this.
  24. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Dang. This banning business is getting complicated!;)

BigTex, Texas Forever and Igor Ound like this.
  25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #375 BigTex, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Thanks Yin...this will only take a few pages....maybe 400 photos........

Oh some of you Techies, the race was broadcast on "Twitter", is that able to be captured??

Is a link viewable, without the App?
    What's an App???

wax and of2worlds like this.