Mr. Yuen - Zaino Rep | FerrariChat

Mr. Yuen - Zaino Rep

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Kevin Rev'n, Jun 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #1 Kevin Rev'n, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    I heard that he passed a while back. RIP. Seemed like a mysterious cool old dude to me. I used to go to his house in Aiea as I am sure many have to purchase Zaino products since he was the authorized rep. I am a big fan of Z-10 "Leather in a Bottle" and the manufacturer will not ship to Hawaii so I came to know Mr. Yuen, or at least visit him a couple of times a year at his home to get the product for my leather.

Up in the airy residential Aiea hillside one would park on the street and walk past many covered automobiles that I imagined were special cars of his. Squarish non modern shapes and humps visible in the sags and stretches of the covers always made me feel like I was about to be greeted by a true car guy. Through the screen I could make out a half opened door with a frail man beyond. A bit hunched over and a slow mover he would carefully take my money and excuse himself politely to go and grab the goods. I would wait a moment for his return and catch a few internal sounds in the house to arouse my curiosity. A TV channel click, maybe the sound of a door or some dishes then; the creak of the screen door opened just enough for the familiar sagging plastic shopping bag with my allotment of Z-10. I always bought two at a time and gave one away in the office to someone who has a leather interior in their car. The careful attention to my exact change in coins that only someone who had worked a cash register could appreciate. I fall into this category and recognize the sanctity and ceremony of a well executed cash transaction by someone who can appreciate the value of currency and fairness. It was a very unique way to get car products and for that I will always remember Mr. Yuen

I heard of the sad news from the guy at Pak Shak who now carries the Zaino products. If anyone has a story of Mr. Yuen to share I wouldn't mind hearing. I know at least one of my Ferrari brothers asked Mr. Yuen what he had lurking under the covers but I cant recall now.

2. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Kevin, glad to see you're a fan of Zaino as well. Been using their products since 1992 and haven't found anything that comes close to it yet.
    I met and purchased from Sal Zaino back in NJ many years ago.
    When I moved here to Oahu I met Art Yuen and on the occasion I needed some replenishment (especially Z8), I'd meet him at the shooting range over by Hanauma Bay on Sundays. He even was kind enought to deliver to my office on one occasion.
    Super nice and friendly gentleman. He had a Monte Carlo and a ~'57 Chevy which belonged to his son, Joie.
    Joie is currently handling Zaino from Manoa and just as his nice as his dad plus you'll buy direct from the distributor versus Pak Shak which is a reseller. I'll PM you Joie's contact