MTV CRIBS, now, CARS and spinners gallore | Page 2 | FerrariChat

MTV CRIBS, now, CARS and spinners gallore

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by zjpj, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Its their cars they can do whatever they want with them, but don't confuse celebrity or fame with good judgement or taste. 95% will be bankrupt in 10 years.

I recall Vanilla Ice bragging about his $400,000 Gemballa Porsche, he drives a $1000 beater now.

2. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    One thing I would not mind haveing any of the rappers support my companies or wear my clothes!
    Look what they have put ont he map because of lyrics.
    Cristal
    Dom
    Bacardi - blew up because kids (cough I mean 21) can affored to buy it.
    Spinners-started because of rappers and there cars.
    Ecko clothing.
    Sean john
    ....the list just goes on and on with stuff. But I believe 9 ONE 1 said it perfect seeing what they have drives me to want to do better. My friends think im way to into status and I am I will admit it. But me being into status drives me harder to be successful.

Also I see auraraptor is saying I would not put 22's on a f car or anything like that. I would do something to a suv or a benz thow.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Now I disagree with a REAL suv on this regard as well...if you want an SUV...USE it. I took my 03 Range offroading 3 days after buying it. I can't take it if I spinner-ize it...

never satisfied I guess. :)

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    But yes, It would work in a benz I guess.

5. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

Hurray!!!

6. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    MTV Cribs is like a car wreck, you don't WANT to watch it you HAVE to watch it.

I watch almost zero TV. The two shows that I will make a point to watch is CRIBS and The Sopranos. Sometimes I watch CNN or MSNBC.

It is ridiculous what some of them do with cars, or renting a house on Star Island for $20K+ per month.

However- I really do admire the wealth and status that these persons have attained. It shows that wealth is not a result of environment, as many of the artists/athletes featured grew up in tha 'hood. It shows that wealth is the result of VERY hard work, whether thats putting in 12 hour days at the studio/on the set/in the gym.

Remember, to become wealthy you must work harder on yourself than you do on your job. Everyone works 40 hours a week, its the hours you work beyond 40 that will make you rich.

Nick

7. 9 ONE 1

9 ONE 1 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Nor Cal
    Full Name:
    S. V.
    AMEN to that. Those are about the only two shows I watch. MTV Cribs and The Sopranos.

8. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    For me it's just the BLING factor lol :) When I had my wheels made for me in Germany I took one of the most famous racing wheels the BBS RS had it custom made for me by polishing the whole wheel, widening them, then having the bolts gold plated in 24kt. lol :) Its just fun to dress the car up!

Kyle

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Has your car since been painted?

10. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    The jams are but I have gotten into a bit of a pissing match with the shop over $1200 more they want to finish it.

Kyle