MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen | FerrariChat

MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cicada, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    If you haven't heard of it, it plays on MTV and it's basically a reality-type show covering outrageous "sweet 16" birthday parties of bratty, spoiled children of wealthy parents -- some parties run upwards of $100,000+ most of the time and feature big-time musical acts, large venues, hundreds or thousands in attendance, and usually a car for the celebrant [usually over the top for a first car that they're going to crash, anyway]

If you've ever seen it, how can these parents let their children act like they do? It's annoying, disrespectful, and just plain ridiculous. I guess that's why it's on TV.

2. luxurybazaar

luxurybazaar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Peter
    They either think the world of their kids and will do whatever is needed to keep them happy, or have let them get away with murder since they were little and it just kept getting worse.

3. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    That's some really bad parenting.

4. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    I only watch it to see what their parents drive. The coolest cars so far have been a CS, 360 Spider, and RR Phantom.

5. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    The show makes me angry beyond words.

One fat girl was trying on 1k+ dresses, and she really liked one that showed alot of skin. Her mom was protesting and she goes "GOD ****IT MOM, SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE HELL UP, DONT TALK TO ME". There were many more examples throughout the episode too.

Usually they get a new porsche, mercedez, or BMW. And they go to school and hand out invitations and make fun of the kids who don't get one, to their faces.

Grrr....

6. show time

show time Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Let me have some kids, They'll be lucky if they see Chuck E Cheese on thier birthday. This show is nuts, by the time the money is spent on car + party 50-100k, whats there to show for it? a spoiled kid with a nice car. I'd make use of that money elsewhere. But hey if their parents have the cash and want to blow it, I mean what happens at 18 and then 21....

7. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    ahhh...I hate this show, but its the only thing to watch lol...

Some of these kids on the show need to get a reality check...It seems as if more and more reality shows are about wealthy families, such as: This show, Laguna Beach, The OC, lol, the real desperate housewives, Driving Force on A&E, and then theirs that rich girls on some channel....this is what america loves watching

8. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    i remember that. I couldn't believe the mother didn't say anything.

9. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    ewwww...Sophie is her name. She has a myspace and she has some post saying she is blablabla rich and no on can compare with her, and brags about having an audi...lol...Just wanted to tell her, i know someone that had a Ferrari at 17..lol

Ill try to give my kids nice cars, yet they would have to work for them like i have.

10. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Exactly; i dont see the need for an extravagant party that rivals some afterparties thrown by celebrities....if these kids were any kind of smart, they'd tell the parents to just give them the $100k they were going to spend on the party... ;)

reminds me of this one episode where the mother saved like $3000 by changing the centerpiece of the tables at the party...so the girl got all huffy and demanded that her mother give her the $3000 she saved, instead.

11. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Link to the myspace please.

12. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    I have a link, yet she has her profile on private. I know one of the girls that was on it, Natelie....oh natelie...

13. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    The only hope I have for these kids is that their parents cut them off when they turn legal, let them get loans for their schooling, and let them fall on their ass a few times in life before they help them out again by letting them have some money...

if that doesn't happen, i hope the kids grow the hell up _soon_.

14. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...I highly doubt that would happen. Yet, that girl Natelie had messaged me awhile back and said how MTV edited the tapes to make them seem very snoby and attitude, she isnt like the other ones of them...yet sophie..haha, thats really her.

15. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    I can understand that it may just all be for tv, but there's no doubt that a lot of the time these kids aren't acting...

I knew a guy that was on elimidate, and he told me how the producers were telling him what to do about 90% of the time.

16. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    On the positive side the show does a wonderful job of identifying the girls you absolutely do NOT want to marry or date to the young men in their locations.

Hell, I think there should be more shows like this. My younger years would have been easier if I had pictures and videos of the local gold-diggers, attention whores, head-cases, plain old spoiled brats and the parents who spawned them.

17. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    lol....American TV!!

FWIW...i also have heard rumors that BMW is a hidden contract for mtv shows...such as you have seen lately on the ss16 their have been bmw's given to the kids also laguna beach, the kids have mostly all bmw's...so i thoguht it was interesting...

18. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...this show came to late for me. When i lived in dallas the first girl was one that you described..

19. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    In the new episode the girl makes her entrance in an SLR doing a burnout...doors go up, and she steps out..haha.

20. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Makes sense...everyone's been getting BMW's lately..

21. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    If my daughter ever acted like they do there would some serious, serious problems!!!

The only time i've ever seen the show was with these two bimbo's walking around their school campus handing out the invitations to people... So they walk up to this group of nerds and ask if they want to come and then say TOO BAD and laugh!! Mtv cued the Wahhh wahhh sound... Oh man, i tells ya.

22. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Makes you wonder what valuable contributions they'll make to society, eh?

:rolleyes:

23. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    I'm sure none of us would ever let it get that far.

Discipline starts the day the kid is born. When I was a kid, if I thought my mom was being mean to me, I would typically say "you are so mean! none of my friends have moms as mean as you, I hate you!"

She would respond, "GOOD BECAUSE I'M RUNNING FOR THE MEANEST MOM OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!"

God that would piss me off even more. Looking back, I can't help but laugh, and see how great I really had it. I have the upmost respect for my parents. And it all started with being disciplined from the get-go.

24. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Honestly?.....None.

These kids are going to get a rude awakening when they learn that they can't live off their parents forever. Once they go to college they'll learn they were just a big fish in a little sea in high school.

25. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    ha, i dont think so... depends where they go... ever been to SMU?? i think theres 3 MTV show people that go there... natalie is one of them... however other schools are quite different..