MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen | Page 2 | FerrariChat

MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cicada, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.

I've seen it. The show sickens me. I see enough of that in women my own age or near, and for me to watch it on television is pure garbage.

2. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    yup, these shows are taken about 1 year or 2 years ago...many are 19, 18 now and seem to be the same and many still live off of their parents.

I just want them to show a regular party, when they dont get a car, they just get presents and they have something in the backyard...now that is TV.

3. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I hate that show. It just infuriates me. I wonder how much fun it would be to crash one of those parties?

4. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Fun!! :D

5. mpolans

mpolans Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2004
    Those silly b**ches are unbelievable. Every time I've caught a glimpse of that show I feel like handing out b**ch slaps like the Good Humor guy hands out ice cream.

6. BOG

BOG Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 30, 2006

It's not doing a burnout. It's a smoke machine under the car.

The problem is not the girls. It's called bad parenting.

7. cletus

cletus Karting

Feb 7, 2006
    I DO NOT think it is okay to hit a female, but this show has never made me want to reach through the screen and slap the holy crap out of some of these kids..........my god. every single one of these kids have no idea how the world works, ABSOLUTELY NO CONCEPT of money and all tehy can do well is cry "buuuuuttttttt DADDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY I WANT IT.

blah what a waste of air. if i wanted to see such blatant arrogance i would watch cribs...........

8. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I actually get a little embarassed when I watch this cr@p. If I had the opportunity to teach em a lesson I would. The guys are just as bad as well. Some of them will probably grow up and get huge inheritances, that will be the last you hear of them, hopefully most will be forced out on their own and learn a huge lesson.

I think the parents are worse though b/c they allow their kids to get that way. Remember, these clips may be edited together but the kid had to have said it in the first place.

9. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Best one was when a girl was like "look at my dad's plane (cessna prop), it's got Lamborghini doors!". Now everytime I see a Lambo I say "look, it's got cessna doors".

10. passiveoptimist12

passiveoptimist12 Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2005
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon Dough
    I think it more makes fun of the "gold collar" generation than anything else...if you listen to the lyrics of the theme song:

Sweet sixteen
    Gonna spread my wings
    Sweet sixteen
    It's my chance to shine
    Sweet sixteen
    Discovering
    Sweet sixteen
    So much more to life
    Sweet sixteen

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Cessna or Trinadad?

Also, usually I think these girls are very disrespectful. But, last night the girls seemed nice. They requested donations to charity instead of gifts. I thought that was a great idea.

12. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Not sure about the plane.

Coming from a middle-class background and proud of it, when I get money I'm absolutely going to make my kids appreciate things. Not that I won't spoil them but if you want a car, gas money, shopping money, etc. get a job! It'll be interesting to see what happens to these trust fund idiots when the money goes away. My personal favorite, I can't remember where I saw it, but some girl was demanding things from her dad who was rich, he finally snapped and said "all this is mine, you're actually not worth anything!" (sound of jaw hitting floor)

13. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...I think i remember that. I remember one show where it was that guy Bjourn or something like that, and he had a fashion show in the mall...haha, he got mad because his "custom" suit was late. Haha, that thihang was ugly, i could have got a coat and just get the sparkly glitter glue and wrote my name and just say it is designed by someone famous and cost 1K....

Another thing is that some of these kids lie on the show of whats theirs and how they were able to do something for their party...lol, the parents probably had a coupon for a free bmw and they probably know someone from the party planner and gave it to them for free, theirs so much more than meets the eye, if i had the connections i can make a party like that, yet just put the money in the bank...:)

14. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Really think they'll get "cut" off? I bet a lot of them will either join the business of the parents with nice salaries to start or get a large sum of money to do whatever it is they need to do. But I do wonder, how "rich" the parents are, in terms of being income vs. asset rich.

15. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    My cousins are just like this. They have no clue what the world is like. I was out to dinner with one of them and she was talking about how she found some $250 jeans and how it was such a good deal. I couldn't even believe it.

It stems from the fact that her allowance is about twice as much as the average US salary, and she's 18 or 19.

16. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    hook it up...lol...kidding. Also, im not to sure if parents are going to cut off these kids, i think if they raised them like this, it would be a shock to see them leave like that. They will probably pay for their college and then their car and then help them with whatever they need in the future...

17. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    College - check (went back east to private college, couldn't handle the cold), now attending a pricy private in California).

Car - check (new jetta)

Parents are divorced, the dad giving her all the money.

And yah, unfortunately, she will probably be a b*tch forever and keep taking that easy money.

18. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...I bet it sucks especially since you are her cousin, so you see everything that happens in her life.

My dad wanted to pay for my college tuition where ever i go, to give back to me since my parents are divorced. I told him he would be my last choice, i want to earn it myself...haha, he could also help me a lot if i choose to go to stanford which he is an alumni....but i want to work for it myself..

19. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yah, and I wouldn't hook you up with her, I wouldn't wish that upon anybody. She's a divorce/bad relationship waiting to happen.

Again, unfortunately, her inheritence will be the GDP of a small country so it may continue a couple more generations.

20. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...sucks to be her and her spouse...lol

21. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    whatever happened to the nice right girls...and by that...i mean 'sugar mommas'. :p lol

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL... If I ever said that to my mother, I doubt I'd be here right now... And my father...? Fugghettabottit...! I never - not once, not even a little, not even almost - talked back to my parents... Discipline begins, exactly as you said, from the get-go...

23. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I tried talking back to Carbon once, and he put on an executioners mask and tried to shove a red ball in my mouth.

Never again.

24. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

Same here. I called my mom a not so nice name once.....once...my father made it CRYSTAL clear that NOBODY talks to HIS WIFE that way....to this day I get chills thinking about the look in his eyes.

Yeah, I had "time out" growing up....that's what we called the time it took to regain consciousness...

My parents were tough with discipline, but now I look back and thank them for it. My parents were my parents, not my friends and that makes all the difference in the world. It's also precisely why I think I'm such good friends with them today.

25. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    They don't have to get cut off but sooner or later things happen. Sam Johnson died, his kids got the money and businesses, now their headed down the toilet. If you never learn anything, you'll never be anything. I have so much more respect for people who've earned their own money. Kind of like in the movie "Boiler Room", no one wants to work for it anymore.