MTV's: The Assistant | FerrariChat

MTV's: The Assistant

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LMP234, Aug 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Watched a few episodes of this and all I can say is: wow.

The contestestants (except for 1-2 people) are just plain retarded. Andy Dick has problems out the wazoo (which they suprisingly show on the show). Yet he made it in Hollywood and their on a reality show. At one point he and his girlfriend wanted bubbles in a bath tub, so one guy takes a tube, puts it in the tub and blows on it (even long after Andy's girlfriend has gotten out of the tub and is throwing stuff at Andy). Again, wow. When asked to think of an excuse for Andy being 3 hours late to a movie shoot, one guy exlaims: "He ummm...hes in Chicago, working on another movie, thinking about the future". Which in itself is a lie, and one that hurts Andy and his career as well.

Makes me wonder if someone competant and driven could really make it there, as I always viewed Hollywood as sort of an impenetrable place unless you grew up in/around there.

2. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    yea i was just watching that, you have to wonder about some of those people.

3. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I think Andy Dick is put up to do all that stuff, and the people believe him

4. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    its all an act. andy is creating the crazy enviroment for the show to catch viewers

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  6. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i just do not understand how he has a show, i think he is the most untalented person in hollywood hands down.

john

7. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I dont understand how he has a CAREER OR A MANSION. Gah.....

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I don't understand how someone can be as awesome as him.

I actually do think he is funny though. Just reading those news reports Wax provided made me laugh.

9. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    He makes a career being an idiot. Same principle as Jackass, etc etc...The public loves it.

Ilya

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Well he's clearly doing something right-- everyone who watches the show seems to enjoy it...

11. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    I like Tom Green more. I miss the Old Tome Green show, that was a funny show.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

after i saw freddy got fingered, i decided Tom Green was an idiot, not funny, just an idiot.

13. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    You saw that!?

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That movie is some funny ****.

15. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

yes, but it was in 6th grade so any comedy that was rated R was a must to sneek into, even in 6th grade i thought to myself....is this guy retarded or something?

16. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    It is all an act - maybe based on some kind of reality, but the show is forced. The missions he puts them up on, the reactions of the people around him. It's all cobbled together and then magnified by echo voice effects, loud dramatic music, and freeze-frame zooms of rediculous facial expressions.
    I believe the contestants think it's real, but the show is pitched as an absolute mockery of reality TV. Meaning that it's lightly scripted and highly controlled with actors playing all roles other than the contestants. That said I cannot get enough it! Hillarious!

17. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya

Daddy would you like some sausage? BEEP
    Daddy would you like some sausage? BEEP
    Daddy would you like some sausageeeeeeeee?

I loved that movie, especially the resteraunt scene "I told you to wire the money to GENEVA!"