458 - Muffler valve delete | FerrariChat

458 Muffler valve delete

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ariporsche, Jan 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ariporsche

Ariporsche Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Ariel Marmolejos
    Muffler valve delete , has anyone done this to make the car always with the valves open.?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

AClark likes this.
  2. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Before taking delivery of my 2015 458 Spider I asked my dealer to plug the exhaust valves and it made a huge improvement in sound, to me.

During the test drive the car was too quiet under 3,500 rpm. Above that I loved the sound. With the valves plugged I now have that sound throughout the rpm range. I would suggest that you watch the video at the link below for how to make an 458 sound great (IMO) for $0. This is how my car sounds. You did not mention what model Ferrari you have. There are differences.

3. Ariporsche

Ariporsche Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Ariel Marmolejos
    I saw it, thanks , did the dealer do it at no cost ? And does it void any warranty do you feel any difference in power ? Loss

4. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    The dealer did it at my request when we purchased the car. There was no charge. I personally plugged the valves on my former 2003 360 Spider but with not the same result. It was just too quiet so I changed out the exhaust system on that car. If you are handy you can easily do it yourself. My car is still covered by an extended factory warranty. I've never heard any one mention an impact to the warranty and especially my authorized Ferrari dealer plugged the valves. It is easiliy reversible. I have not noticed any change in performance other than the sound improvement. I've heard some after market systems that sound fabulous, like an F1 car at high RPM's but for me that would get old after a while. I find that I can still have a comfortable conversation with my passengers while having a more aggressive sounding exhaust note. It is perfect for me.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  5. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    I'm using this on my 458 and absolutely love it. I want to have the complete control over the valves (on, off, all the time, or over 3k RPM). This product is awesome, works perfectly, it's relatively cheap, it leaves stock exhaust intact (which I wanted) and so I highly recommend it.

Talk to Steve who is a member of the Ferrarichat:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/members/bisel.123524/

ShadowLAP likes this.
  6. Ariporsche

Ariporsche Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Ariel Marmolejos
    awesome thanks

7. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    #7 AClark, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    The bypass is simple and shouldn't affect warranty
    It can easily be undone - reconnected as needed!

You can tell the difference mostly at start up, and no change in performance that I could discern.

A