Murcielago Book.... Please circulate this request for information/photos to USA club members who mig | FerrariChat

Murcielago Book.... Please circulate this request for information/photos to USA club members who mig

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by path, Dec 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. path

path Rookie

Nov 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    path
    Dear Sir /Madam ,

As way of introduction , I am a Consultant Eye Surgeon , based in the United Kingdom , who has been a Lamborghini enthusiast since the age of 9 , and who has been privileged to be the temporary custodian of a Rosso Countach 88 1/2 QV (chassis 12399) for the last 18 years , and a 2005 Arancio Atlas Murcielago Roadster (chassis LAO1564) for a rather shorter period of time .
    Both cars are absolutely standard , as they left the factory , and both cars are the respective Beaulieu National Motor Museum Photographic Library Reference Examples.
    I am now writing a book on the Lamborghini Murcielago , and my publishers are the respected UK motoring publishing house , Veloce Publishing, who recently published what is regarded as the definitive book on the Miura-------''The Lamborghini Miura Bible ''by Joe Sackey.
    Veloce and I are aiming at a global audience , and I am therefore writing to the various clubs and dealers worldwide to try and get a wider input of photo and text material that can be included in the book.

Veloce are aiming for the 2018 Christmas market , which means that we need all the material to be at the publishers, by May 2018 at the very latest.
    As the book has progressed , it has become clear to me that the book will be all the more interesting if it is a collaborative effort , with input from owners, enthusiasts, mechanics and dealers. , so please could you circulate this e-mail to your various chapters , Murcielago owners, and whomever else might have a useful contribution to make

I am best contacted at : [email protected]
    Thank you

Dr T Pathmanathan
    BSc MBBChir (Cambridge) MRCOphth FRCOphth FRCS

2. Great! Possibly your best bet, imo, would be to start a Murci thread and use that for your research. Of course it does require some care and feeding, Joe & Oliver are great examples of the effort, but I think the results would really add to your book & give you many more leads, opinions and ideas.

3. path

path Rookie

Nov 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    path
    Hi EarlyCat,

thank you for your prompt reply

please could you explain how to set up a new Murcie thread on this site , as I can only find a general , non-model specific forum for Lambos here

Thank you

Path

4. Just come up with a title you like and start a new thread, or just use this one.

5. path

path Rookie

Nov 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    path
    Thanks early Cat, i'll take up your latter suggestion , and just stay with this one , at least for the present.
    A merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you , if we don't get to chat before then

best wishes

Path

6. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Email sent.

7. path

path Rookie

Nov 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    path
    Dear Vince ,

Thank you for offering up your lovely Miura and Verde manual , 640 coupe---both of which I am sure we can use , in what I believe is currently the only Murcie stand-alone book (in preparation !!!)
    I have already replied in detail to you from the email account ([email protected]) specifically set up for this book

To any other potential contributors , do write to me at : [email protected]