Murcielago rollcage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Murcielago rollcage

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Champboat/Champcar, May 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I am curious as to what you are referring to. In the state I live in, I am not seeing anything that would make the car illegal. In regards to roll cages almost all the Jeeps around here have them. Most are factory fitted now days. Could you list the issues you are seeing? It may help the OP in case he has overlooked something.

Cheers Jim

2. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Where do you live? I've yet to see legislation about roll bars and cages.

3. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    I am in Long Island NY ..theres no problem here,all the tricked out Porsches here have cages.my Porsche had a cage too..probably saved my life

4. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ......i was thinking yellow. Then i was thinking purple..the interior will be a dash covered in carbon weave.and door panels will be carbon sheets..2 seats and the rest painted.i dont have a engine yet .but it will be a manual trani.

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
  6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hi Jim,

That's a factory designed and thus approved one. It depends on where the bars are located and if a passenger can be injured by a very hard object like that in even a minor crash. In my track car the overhead side bar is so close to my head that if it weren't padded and I wasn't driving WO a helmet and 6 point harness, limb & head restraints, Hans ... etc. it would easily crack my head open during an incident.

I just think it's a good idea to check with whomever rules on this stuff in your state. I can easily see how you could make a very strong and protective cage for racing that would not be good for a casual passenger.

7. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
  8. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    My Fab guy has been building roll cages in NY for over 3o years..when we are done I will have headroom.,.like i said numerous times.90 percent of my cars have a rollcage,and because they do I am alive to talk about it.i bet airbags cause more injuries than roll cages do.

9. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    Anyway I am modifying the trani tunnel to position the seat better.the reasoning behind a scratch build is to.make it right.if the drivers not comfortable he is then not happy