Murcielago traded for a Gallardo? | FerrariChat

Murcielago traded for a Gallardo?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by dmii74, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    A few of my music industry friends have traded their Murcielagos for Gallardos. Do you think that this is a decision based on the everyday drivability of the Gallardo (as they have stated) or just the desire to always have the latest rarest vehicle?

2. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Who knows?? Probably a little of both I would think.

Good solid car that's for sure!

3. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Not to knock the Gallardo, but that wouldn't make any sense to me.

4. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Thats a good question..we've been taking a few Murcis as trade ins, but in a few cases, customers are keeping both. The most often traded car on the Gallardo has been the 360. Yesterday, I took in a 311 mile '03 Red/tan Modena F1. He just got the 360, but drove the Gallardo and had to have it.

5. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

This borders on blasphemy!!! HA!

6. V10Lambo

V10Lambo Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Louis B.
    I think that both the Gallardo and the Murci are aweomse cars. As for the music execs, they probably just wanted to switch it up. I am very interested in seeing what Ferrari does to combat the Gallardo. There is lots of speculation on this and it should be very interesting to see what they do.

7. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

Whatever they do I think they will be playing "catch-up" as Lamborghini
    (with Audi's backing) will stay one step ahead. What can they expect when
    they have a model in it's sixth year!!! Good looks can only take you so far.

8. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    ferrari doesnt have to do anything to combat the gallardo...there is still a long waiting list o the 360 and spider....in fact ferrari has delayedthe 360 replacement because they are selling all the 360 they can make and then some....the murci in person is an incredible looking car... the gaooardo just doesnt do i t more me at all.....having driven my friends gallardo... the cars steering feels dead and the seats are not comfortable...theengine dosent sound as good as any ferrari engine...as for horsepower,as a former car tuner and someone that modified muscle cars inthe 70s and 80s,any good redneck with 15k can get you 500 hp from an old american muscle car...big deal!!!!!!!!!

9. V10Lambo

V10Lambo Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Louis B.
    I disagree with you. My brother has a 360 now and we both owned the 355 and I have driven them both. The Gallardo is the best car on the market in this range in my opinion. It keeps getting better and better everytime I drive it. And the steering is very responsive from my experience. As for the long list of the 360's, I am glad as I want my Gallardo to be the newest/greatest thing around for a long while. Hopefully they postpone it long enough for Lambo to release the Gallardo Spider.

10. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

And in my opinion ,this is exactly the kind of customer loyalty Ferrari
    will have to rely on as long as they are producing a 310-320 RWHP
    "exotic".

And then again there was the post above
    "Thats a good question..we've been taking a few Murcis as trade ins, but in a few cases, customers are keeping both. The most often traded car on the Gallardo has been the 360. Yesterday, I took in a 311 mile '03 Red/tan Modena F1. He just got the 360, but drove the Gallardo and had to have it."

11. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

That's what makes Ferrari's $200k for 400hp even harder to swallow.

12. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

Agreed.

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sorry but they need to bring that 360 replacement out fast and they need to bring it out with at least 485 hp. While I drove the e gear Gallardo and didn't like it, I am not sure that I would feel the same way about the 6 speed. If Ferrari doesn't come out with something good, I'll sell my 360 replacement and get something else. Now "something else" might be a Diablo 6.0, an F40, or a Gallardo, but it should still worry Ferrari to no end.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I agree, both are great, but the Murci is still a step up.

15. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    That is a very foolish trade to me. Especially when they probably didn't even get any money back.

16. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

uhhh... I am going to go ahead and file this one under "more money than sense".

17. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    ...or "first car on the block" syndrome.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agreed, the Gallardo cannot hold a candle to a Murci on looks ... one is way cheaper looking and struggles to even look like a supercar IMO, the other looks cool and classy.

When you see them side by side (as I did at the Melbourne Motor show) you will see what I mean.

Pete