Mustang dyno numbers | FerrariChat

Mustang dyno numbers

Discussion in '348/355' started by F355Bob, Feb 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

KellyMoss the Porsche shop, put my 95 f355 on their Mustang Dyno yesterday and got 324hp at 8000rpm and I believer torque was around 235.
    They cut it short of redline because its a new rebuilt engine and they were mostly looking at fuel numbers. They said it was still climbing at 8000rpm so maybe 330rwhp at redline? They are sending me the dyno sheets in few days and I will post them when I get them.
    They said a 911 Cup Car will do 430 at the wheels. They are one of the biggest Porsche Cup tuners in the country and there dyno is checked by Porsche for accuracy. Image Unavailable, Please Login

hyenahf, taz355, ernie and 4 others like this.
  2. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    You have exorcised the Gary Sharp demons!!!!
    No more smoke at start-up?
    The work must have been extensive.

Nice work...and nice numbers.

taz355 likes this.
  3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I notice you also have a Gruppe M airbox?

Those are healthy numbers regardless. Definitely on the higher end from what I recall.

4. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

#4 F355Bob, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Sharpe engine was completely redone. All 4 of the oil squirters were broken and laying at the bottom of the pan. Pistons were rocking in the bores causing the oil burning. Cam timing was off side to side by 4 degrees. Rings did not fit in the pistons. So engine was done by the builder who built Tuckers champion 360, 430 and 458s. Everything documented. New sleeves, aftermarket pistons and rings with slightly bigger bore, all new bearings, heads resurfaced , slightly higher compression , had new guides and valves already. Engine and heads were completely disassembled and every seal replaced along with water pump. Heads and intakes had been ported and he thought Sharpe did a good job on that. Cams were timed and advanced slightly 4degrees. Car had Fabspeed headers but I replaced with Bruce Wrights 4-2-1 headers with smaller tube size for better mid and low range. Dyno numbers showed still good top end .Engine has Goth's big exhaust with his bypass. Engine computer ignition timing advanced and fuel AFR been adjusted previously. I felt the car had really good power and really good low end and midrange with crisp throttle response. I'm happy with the numbers although they are relative but I think on the dyno jet it would be maybe 340-45 since they usually run higher numbers than the Mustang. I think the 355 can be such a great performance engine but it seems when anybody talks or reviews the car it is always about the sound. Car has the Challenge suspension, sway bars, links, steering rack and pump, wheels, Moton shocks, lowered and corner balanced but stock springs.

I think as owners we do a disservice to the car when we only talk about the great sound of the car. Seldom is there a post when some owner is discussing the performance of the car as far as handling and speed. I have never seen another F355 at any track event. The car is a great performing sports car that happens to have a great sound.

WATSON, kenneyd and ShineKen like this.
  5. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Awesome numbers! Glad to hear you have her all sorted out. :) If you ever want to compare on a dynojet bring it by me and I'll give you some time on the dyno no charge.

What size primary and secondary tubes are the headers you got from Bruce? Are you still stock compression ratio?

6. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

INTMD8 likes this.
  7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I'll be out feb 17-19, again in march 2-3 times and april 2-3 times scheduled so far
    Missed this weekend due to our mega rain.

:)

F355Bob likes this.
  8. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Those are great numbers, especially for a mustang dyno.
    I've been wanting to get over to a dyno after install the cristo twin sound, right now with the regular capristo my torque app has been telling me HP is in the 270 range which I hope is way off lol. But then again, these 5.2 seem to be about ~20hp off the 2.7 :(

9. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Its the red plenums that make all the hp.

10. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I would love to see and hear a video of this thing doing a fly by!

11. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

They took a video. I will try to post it when I get the dyno sheets.

WATSON likes this.
  12. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Great numbers. We have a Mustang Dyno also and they average 285-300 whp.