Mustang Owners | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Mustang Owners

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by The Mad Hatter, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I doubt it. BTW ... have you done any suspension mods to your Enzo killing Mustang or is the stock Ford set up good enough?

2. Rerun

Rerun Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    no, I really didnt. but youre showing me, that youre easily intimidated[/QUOTE]

Intimidated of what?

3. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
  4. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My brother and I (used to, still in the garage) run a '65 Mustang with a 289, 2 650cfm two barrels (for class racing), top loader, 6.00 or 6.50 rear (1/4 or 1/8 mile), detroit locker, all sorts of wild "stuff" done to the motor including a cam with what seems like 180 deg of overlap, high compression pistons, etc. No ***** NO2 crap, I'm talking old school. Anyway, low 11's in the 1/4 and low 6's in the 1/8. THe point I am trying to make is that I have beaten many, many, many "my buddy has a 10 second street car that can pull the wheels in every gear" race/performance(?) cars by about 20 car lengths. I have given rides to people who claim to have 11 second cars and have them crapping in their pants before I am done. THe truth of the matter is that these guys can NOT run these times (except in their minds). They also don't really have a clue as to how fast those times really are. THe guys who can achieve this peformance tend to quietly go about their biz because they do not have to brag or show off to their buddies OR TELL FICTIONAL STORIES.

These guys are all posers, just like my (what seems like) weekly run-ins with dic$head BMW M(fill in the number) owners when driving my 308. If you want to go out and act like an a$$ showing everyone how cool you are in your Mustang/M(whatever)/KIA, go right ahead! But don't take my car out as you tell your passenger, "Hey Billybobbubba, watch this!" Go kill yourself - by yourself. I think THAT is the subject of this thread. And arguing with these clueless people about why 99% of us bought our cars is wasting bandwidth.
    Jim

5. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    My car has in fact (as of today, made its best pass)

Of 10.01 @ 139.2mph
    1.44 60'

Btw, if i instigate a race, and you follow suit... youre just as guilty as I am, if one of us crashes.

I had just retuned the vehicle within the past few days... she made 705.4rwhp on the dyno :)

and here is my engine bay

[​IMG]
    and a couple of the car launching
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry for small pics, wasnt my Cam that was used

and here's a dyno from back when I was only running 13psi through my Whipple
    [​IMG]

So just because my car doesn't look very viscious... it's a wolf in sheeps clothing.

6. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Where is allanlambo when you need him?

7. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

I would get slaughtered by that F60 Enzo in the twisties.

As far as my suspension upgrades? I'll leave that as a YES. But I know for a fact, that I have pulled past quite a few Modenas, at Beaver Run.

I actually have two suspension types, depending on what form of racing my vehicle will be doing.

My front suspension is still a MacPherson Strut Style (you knock it, but I guess then BMW's front suspension is garbage too then?) With revalved Bilsteins, H&R supersports, tubular k member, and MM arms. Poly bushings all around.

My Rear suspension for road racing, is of course the stock Ford IRS. With a true eaton posi, 3.55 gearing. DSS Level 5 half shafts, Poly bushings, revalved bilsteins, and H&Rs.

My Drag racing rear suspension, consists of MM Arms, Ford 8.8" Rear end, with 3.90 gearing, Eaton Posi, and FRPP 33 spline axles

8. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

isnt he the guy who took pride in beating stock Z06's with a Diablo? Top end running?

9. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    I'm not arguing why someone would buy a Ferrari.. I'm arguing over the fact, that the Mustang seems to be an underestimated vehicle in most Ferrari owner's minds. Whereas ?I have proved time and time again, I can pretty much slaughter in one category or another, most of Ferrari's current line up.

10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Well, not quite. He's the guy that took pride in beating anything with his NAWS equipped Diablo.

BTW, hi Allan.

11. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

tell em to bring it :)

12. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Grats! Your heavily modified FAWD beats unmodified cars! YAY!

13. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

now, I'm going to sound ignorant here for a bit, since my knowledge in Ferrari's is not as good as most of yours. But the few Modenas that I have taken down, were claiming to dyno around 500-550rwhp. What modifications as for them to have, to achieve those power levels, I could not guess. I did not hear any evidence of forced induction though. Possibly nitrous.

But thats not my beef, I went into these races, pretty much knowing, I would win. The problem in the end was, 9 out of 10 Ferraris I've beaten... the owners will not be a good sport about it. I may come off as ****** on this website, and I do apologize if thats how I'm concieved. BUT, their noses are usually turned up at me, because I'm driving a $35,000 variant (Cobra) of a $17,000 (Mustang V6) base model car.

But if a Porsche of Lambo, defeats them,its like a family reunion.

14. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    And they still lost to a car that puts out 705 RWHP? Imagine that.

15. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Actually, my 705hp, was just obtained within the past few days.

I've been sitting at a steady 650-660 for about 6 months. I swapped to a smaller pulley, and went with a more aggressive tune. Then moved on to about 690, but I retuned again, and found my 705

Fact of the matter is, a Modena, has to weigh a lot less than my car. During the summer racing season, I had a raceweight of 3760lbs

but again, this isnt about a highly modified mustang defeating a worked over modena. It's about IN MY EXPERIENCE. The reaction of the defeat from a Ferrari owner, towards me.

16. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Damn! That's one fat little car! Do you have a trailer hitch hooked up to a Yugo or what? If not then you could probably save 100 lbs by removing the OEM stereo, and maybe another half ton or so by getting rid of the AC and FAWD ALTNATAH.

17. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    the bottom end is completely forged, and has been stres tested to 1000hp.

iron is heavy, especially up front on the nose of the car. So is the independant rear.

Now that I use a live axle when drag racing, I save abou 125lbs in the back, which is a drag racing no no, unfortunately.

As far as the weight concerns... its not to much of a pig... its right there with your Enzo. From my understanding, for being carbon fiber, it needs weight watchers badly

Thats the thing... if i removed all of those things, then I'd be going against what I set out to create. The ultimate street/strip car. Taking out the luxurious removes my ability to enjoy it.

Once I hit a 9.9 I'm selling it anyway. right now, I'm at 10.0 lol

18. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    3009 pounds versus 3760 pounds is right there how exactly? Sure, i would concede this if the Mustang was like...3059, but 3760 LBS? And besides, the Enzo meets fairly stringent crash standards that your Fox-platformed FAWD cannot. Heck, even Gordon Murray said that he couldn't design a car as light as the F1 in today's stringent standards. What are they casting FAWD body panels out of these days, lead?

edit: Gordon Murray said that he couldn't design

19. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Any chance of some time slips and pics of your car at the strip with the same car number to back up these claims? 700bhp is a bit light on for a 10.0 pass in a 3800lb car.

20. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Sssh! We don't want to upset the Lambini.

21. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Ah. Now we're getting somewhere. And what were your laptimes at Beaver Run?

I used to pass plenty of Corvettes in my street-tired '95 M3 when I was doing non-racing track days but that didn't mean my car was faster...

22. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Blue04, You claim, "the few Modenas that I have taken down, were claiming to dyno around 500-550rwhp", either you are lying or they were. I am not sure there even is a package for a Modena that would yield that much power, but you have apparently run into a few of them. All in your home town no less.

The only fair comparison of cars is made when they are stock. Right out of the box. Once you start mofifying them the all bets are off.

Bottom line ... The Mustang, in any form, is not in the same class as a Ferrari. Like it or not. Go buy a GT40 and come back ....

23. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    700rwhp, not bhp... thats been stated many times

if you calculate my approximate BHP, then that would be right around 830BHP. assuming 15% driveline loss.

24. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

its not in the same class, thats the beauty of this arguement.

25. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

then my numbers were off, could've sworn i read somewhere the Enzo was 3500lbs