Mustang Owners | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Mustang Owners

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by The Mad Hatter, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

never said anywhere in my home town. I am capable of traveling to different areas for events. Just because I'm not rich enough for a Ferrari, I can afford gas, and a hotel room.

Ok stock out of the box

Cobra > Modena, in a form of a drag race.

2. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Whatever you say buddy...

MUSTANGS RULE!!!!!

3. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim

Yeah, don't hold your breath. I spent years trying to get power to the ground on my '65 to obtain the times I did. I have not been away from it that long for someone to claim these times and trap speeds with a slap on roots charger and a basic 8.8" rear - give me a break. I'm from Missouri, SHOW ME. I'd be willing to bet I'd be cleaning out the passenger seat after I showed you a REAL 10 second run. Just the way you come off tells me a lot about how your car performs.

His fiction aside, If his "aurgument" is bang for the buck - that has been addressed in numerous posts and another kitten has died by his hand. But then that is not his game. He is just another poser, who will do anything for attention. I'm sure we will see him in the (D)opey Tuner Vision - hey look at me!!! episodes on Speed.

You can eat your steak at Ponderosa, but I prefer Ruth Chris. Yup, it's all food, but I will always have the bigger smile. No matter how you dress up that Ponderosa steak, it is still just that. So don't come on this site and expect me (or anyone else) to take you seriously.

THe topic of this thread was the idiotic antics of Mustang owners. Please don't add fuel to the statement. After all, being the owner of a '65, I'm feeling a little pain with this topic!
    Jim

edit: By the way, if you indeed spent as much as you say on your "race" car, you could have bought my 308. So, for the sake of discussion, you ARE rich enough to be a Ferrari owner. THe diference is that I would not go on a Mustang site and puke out a bunch of drivel about how my car is better than yours. And that is why you are having trouble understanding this discussion - you just don't get it.

4. connick

connick Rookie

May 16, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Kegan
    Getting away from the Ferrari vs Mustang argument, and back to the original topic of the thread...

I think some of you might be misinterpreting the actions of other drivers, seeing a challenge to you when there is none. Did you ever consider that the reason I'm pulling up on your tail, or getting alongside you on the freeway, is just to get a better look at your beautiful car? Or maybe that the reason I'm revving you out at a stoplight isn't because I want to race you, but because the thought of you hitting a redline 1-2 shift and hearing that scream echoing off of neighboring buildings is enough to make my eyes water? I make no argument for people who are blatant dicks to exotic car drivers (such as the guy described in the first post), but just because I rev my motor at you at a stoplight does not mean "my car kicks your cars ass." Its just that so many of the Ferrari's I see around here are babied about and never "show off," that I feel maybe I should offer some encouragement from time to time...

-Kegan
    Mustang owner and Ferrari owner-to-be (one day...)

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    watch out guys

6. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Kegan,
    Good post. I can only answer for me. When you drive a blood red car that basically glows in the dark, you need to be damn sure that the coast is clear for any "showing off". If I see an F-car on the road I will stalk it to hear what I can hear also - just can't get enough! But because I have been in this guys shoes, I either wave, give thumbs up, or mouth "nice!". If it is a TR, or an obvious Tubi car, I will put my hand to my ear. That usually gets me a nice throttle goose. Acting like you want to race will get you nowhere - unless the guy is eyeing you up for something - and that is pretty easy to read. For me, I did not buy the car to show off or race. I bought the car for the beauty, design, sound, twisties, history, ,,,man I could go on and on. My run ins with ******* Beemer owners only validates my intent. I don't need to show off to someone to prove anything. I am an enthusiast, and that describes the majority (that I have met) in the Ferrari community. The diference between the type of person that would buy an F-car and the idiots I have met in BMWs.
    Jim

7. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    your 65 and my 03 are two very different cars... youre a complete idiot for making that comparison.

As far as your 308? Not knocking it, but I wouldnt spend that kind of money on a car that performs that poorly

8. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    I'm sorry, but theres nothing exciting about 10 second passes to me anymore. I know exactly how they feel, and a Whipple is not a basic bolt on roots charger. Shows how much you know. A whipple is a twin screw, much more efficient.

9. sinbon

sinbon Karting

May 16, 2004
    Petaluma, CA/SLO,CA
    Full Name:
    Bobby Boinski
    coming from someone with neither car, I'd take the 308 over a 10 second mustang.

10. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    everyone is entitled to their opinion

11. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    And so are you. And, unfortunately, you've expressed it 6.02 x 10^23 times...

BTW, an Enzo weighs 3500lbs going about 80mph. Downforce... it's what's inside.

Also, 30k for a 308 is a good price for a Ferrari. It doesn't perform THAT POORLY it's over 30 years old. Classic 250GTOs, blazing back in the day, are nearly slow now.

A GT3 would be faster than my dad's 360S. We don't own one, even though a GT3 would be about 100k less. Why? The Porsche doesn't have the same feel as the Ferrari. It's not as fun. The sound isn't as rich. The Porsche just isn't the same as the 360. It's in his (and my) opinion that the 360 is a better car and that makes it worth that extra money. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have made nearly 20 thousand of them.

12. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Well if this isn't getting to be the gayest thread ever. On the one corner we have Mr. Mustang is the fastest car ever for $25K and in the other corner we have the Ferrari dudes. I guess it all boils down to this. Walk in to any place, bar, club, whatever and tell the hottest chick there "I have a Mustang that does the quarter mile in 8 seconds, wanna ride?"... say what???? Be sure to emphasize that it has a super charged V-8 so it won't be confused with one of the 2 million V6 powered Mustangs driven by chubby middle aged women who didn't really feel comfortable with something as sporty as say... a Camaro... Now try that again... Yes, that is my Ferrari.

Any questions?

13. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

I dont use my car to get women, thats just pathetic

14. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

I won't argue over Ferrari's build quality over my Cobra, thatd just be plain stupid. But to me, the performance numbers are what sells me.

15. sinbon

sinbon Karting

May 16, 2004
    Petaluma, CA/SLO,CA
    Full Name:
    Bobby Boinski
    then maybe your in the wrong place. just my .02

16. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004

why? I can't like both cars, but feel the Cobra is superior in some performance aspects over some Ferraris?

17. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    What ever when referring to power/ET/terminal velocities hp at the wheels is assumed and you still need more than 700bhp at the rear wheels for a 10.0 pass, you will need closer to 800. So..............show me your slips.

18. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Still did not answer my question.

DO YOU RUN WITH THE STOCK WHEELS AND TIRES ON THE STREET??

19. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    This thread has evolved rather far away from the original post. I'm going to move this into "Other Cars and Motorcycles" as it's really not a Ferrari thread anymore.

20. scorpion

scorpion Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Kentucky
    I'm convinced, will someone please buy my F car, I'll also throw in my daily driver 350z, so I can move up to a Mustang.

21. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    on the track, I run a 26x11.5-16 ET Street (drag)

at beaver run, I use a Kumho VictoRacer 7000

On the street, I usually run a Mickey Thompson Street Drag Radial 275/40/17

22. No Mercy

No Mercy Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Lone Tree, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I had a Z06 (MTI Z07) that was putting out similar numbers to yours. The best was 9.95 @ 143. On the street I had to do a mini tub and roll on 345s. Still had trouble hooking up. I never would run DRs on the street as I don't trust them in the corners or in the wet. I guess in a street race with your car on DRs in a stoplight race you would be tough to beat.

I think the point that people are trying to make is this. A Timex tells the same time a Rolex does. As a matter of fact a Timex is more reliable and proabably more accurate. You can even get one with a calculator, compass etc. So why doesn't everyone wear a Timex? The reason is there is a certain exclusivity in wearing that Rolex that separates you from the sheep of the world. Even if you are a bit late sometimes ...

23. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Blue, you have the cojones to come on here and call people idiots, make claims you can not back up, have an attitude that would make Montoya proud - and you can't figure out why people are giving you ****? You spend 20 post waving your Ford Mustang flag, taking shots at Ferraris on a Ferrari site - what do you expect? And don't start with the "stuck up F-car owners" crap. THere have been numerous threads on this board where there have been great discussions about the differences in particular cars and brands. THe difference? THey didn't come off like a little immature teeniebop. If you don't like people calling you on your lies, go hang out somewhere else! If you want to have engaging discussons with knowledgable people, stay here - but get an attitude adjustment!
    Jim
    BTW, I know you are talking out of your a$$ now.
    Quote:"on the track, I run a 26x11.5-16 ET Street (drag)"
    How do I know? I Drag Raced for over 20 years. I know what kind of equipment it takes to get a car down the track at the speeds and the times you are claiming - and you ain't got it. Spout your "I read it in my Mustang magazine" somewhere else.

24. Blue04

Blue04 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    if you're saying an ET street cannot propel a car to low 10's youre far off, and it looks like you need more drag racing experience.

25. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Probably due to age (maturity) and the fact that they're on every block (tons of them on the roads). You're bound to run into some 16-20 year old in a mustang who'll race anything with 4 wheels and an ounce of performance. So it's no surprise that a Ferrari, Viper, vette, Porsche, Lambo, etc... would attract some of them. Race em or ignore them. This is true for just about any affordable mass produced high performance cars. Same with the kids in Hondas, Nissans, Toyota's, camaro's, etc...

Works the other way too;). Yesterday, i had a brand new Audi S4 tailgate me (in z28 camaro) for over 3 miles with the other lane open. I just floored it and slowly pulled on him till i got off it @ 125mph. He maintained a 6 car lengths back pace till i got off on my exit. They wanna play, give them some play.

Some just do it in the name of fun. I remember how i used to egg on c5's back in 98 when i was 16 and in my 90 accord Lx. Back then, the c5 was my dream car, and i'd egg them on every chance i got just to see them move or get on it. Then they'd brutally leave me behind, and to see them in action just gave me more admiration for their power, looks, and peroformance. So sometimes, it isn't about being a punk or see if you can beat the other car, it's also about seeing them in action. Many of you guys would probably kill for the chance to lineup next to or behind an Enzo, F50, F40, McLaren F1, Porsche CGT, etc... or to see them in action up close. Same thing.