My 296 spec | FerrariChat

My 296 spec

Discussion in '296' started by shifter, Feb 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Feeling great after spec'ing and making my deposit this weekend. Wanted to beat the feeding frenzy after the viewing scheduled in a couple weeks at my local dealership.

I tried my best to stay under $400 all in and came close at ~$409. I could have dropped the Rosso Imola, but really wanted something more unique/different after owning a few Rosso Corsa and Nero Daytona cars. I love, love, love the Giallo Triplo Strato and think the 296 looks spectacular in Giallo, but it's just not my color.

When I spec'd mine, a couple details came to light: Car Play is now a std option, as well as the advanced front driving camera. You can't option the carbon center caps, but can buy them as an accessory for about the same $, and transportation costs increased to $5k.

My Spec:
    Rosso Imola/Cuoio with Black carpet
    Daytona Racing carbon seats with lifter
    Black calipers
    Shields
    Forged rims with required Titanium bolts
    Carbon Fiber Key
    CF Instrument cluster, sill kick, upper tunnel, dashboard inserts, Rosso horse on headrest, CF steering wheel.
    AFS/Suspension Lifter (packaged together)
    Back radar
    Electro rearview mirror
    F/R parking sensors
    Premium HI-Fi
    Wireless charging

I opted for the alcantara lower dash, trim around cluster, and into doors for a complete look, so no carbon on the door panels. I also skipped the exterior carbon.

Really enjoyed the experience with my local dealership, ordering a new Ferrari for myself has been a dream for 40years finally coming true. Doubt this will be the last such experience.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. lamontlawyer921

lamontlawyer921 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 1, 2010
    The West Coast
    Full Name:
    Scott
    looks great. I will be anxious to see one in person. deposit was taken 2 weeks ago. delivery 2 years out. will spec when my number gets called.

355TDI, greg328, blkdiablo33 and 3 others like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Lovely spec Congrats

shifter likes this.
  4. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    I

Love the spec! I am trying hard to keep mine under $400,000 but it’s tough. I am at $422,000.00 but will probably take off some exterior carbon. I also thought about the Rosso Imola but opted for black.

shifter likes this.
  5. Jarusse5

Jarusse5 Rookie

May 6, 2014
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    John A Russell
    Hi Shifter,
    Was wondering a few things. I have a deposit on a car as well. Trying to spec it. Does, Apple Car Play come free, and is lower dash. cluster trim, and door Alcantara in Nero also free?
    On the 3D config. if I select Alcantara inner details in red. I believe which is (CLDT) on the options sheet, it changes the lower dash and door inserts to Alcantara Nero. Does that get added to the price or is that free and included with that option.
    Thanks!

6. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hello Jarusse5,
    Yes the apple car play is now a standard, no cost option. On my spec the Alcantara on the bottom dash, bezel surround and into the doors was also a zero cost option. However, I don’t know what Option code CLDT is, it didn’t come up for me.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

F2003-GA likes this.
  7. sleger

sleger Rookie

Feb 18, 2018
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    Simon Leger
    CLDT is colored inner details, around 700 euros for me.

8. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Congrats on your order! It is indeed a dream come true to order these beautiful and amazing cars. I love that you got the carbon fiber race seats! Strongly considering getting them on my build as well. My deposit was put down today and I plan to return to the dealer shortly to spec the car out. Very excited to hear that the front camera and apple car play are standard now.

9. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    My US dealer says there is a charge for Rear Parking Camera (PAC1).
    Are others seeing this charge...?

10. nic329

nic329 Rookie

Feb 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    ns
    WOW...going to be a beautiful car, wish I could afford one!....Congrats!

11. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes. Front and Rear parking sensors and rear Parking Camera are both priced options.

12. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    Can't be an "option" as it's required by US laws.
    It is no cost on my ordered F8.

13. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Apparently Ferrari sees it differently, PAC1, PAR2

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Isn’t pac1 the FRONT parking camera? Pac2 is the parking sensors. If you do not choose either option you will still get the rear camera but you will not get sensors or a front camera.

15. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    That is Correct!

mkraft3003 likes this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The charging for every single bit of the car as an option is bad form and needs to end.

17. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    Breaking new ground with the 296 in this regard...leading me to stay with my F8, which comparably equipped is circa $60k less.

...and we assume the risk of the first iteration of a new generation that will improve incrementally every 1-3 years with Ferrari's implementaion of nascent hybrid tech. Better to wait perhaps. I bought second gen Tesla Model S (2016) which was a big advance of the original but now eclipsed by the current models.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Don’t look at a Porsche. The a la carte options will make you go crazy.

greg328 and ScottS like this.
  19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I disagree. There were barely any options to purchase with my Turbo S. So much was included.

Civiloze and WM458 like this.
  20. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    I believe rear is free and mandatory in US. But there’s a hefty charge to add front which shows up as a Front&Rear combo option. Note the front also appears to be on the lower front spoiler as opposed to the nose on the F8. Look around at Varryx YouTube videos. Surround video should cover everything but you get the camera bulges under the side mirrors. Looks less intrusive than on F8. Still trying to figure out if it’s worth it.

21. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    Beautiful spec. Just saw the red in person well lit and it’s beautiful!

I’ve been playing with alcantara carpet on mine b/c in configurator it seems to make the floor seat leather the same color as the seats and through the tunnel as well. I like that look on the SF90.

The static demo also had Nero leather headliner which looked fantastic. But read on another thread that those may lead to increased sagging.

I’m curious on the wireless charging and where that sits. Saw that the tunnel phone pocket where the CarPlay and usb are is pretty deep but narrow compared to my 458. Can’t imagine where it would lay flat to charge. Also given CarPlay doesn’t appear to be wireless, I figure I’ll end up plugging it in regularly like I do now.

ryalex likes this.
  22. IvanRico

IvanRico Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2021
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Ivan Rico
    CarPlay is NOT wireless according to my rep, so the only point in getting the wireless charger would be for the passenger. Not worth it.

23. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The wireless CarPlay input is there so it can be added with an aftermarket plug and play module, like the SF90.

24. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you. My dealer told me the wireless charger is in that tunnel pocket. Maybe not lay flat but stand upright?

25. BLUESL

BLUESL Karting

Mar 17, 2014
    London
    Continuing trend with Ferrari to put a coloured band around the instrument binnacle. That’s fine, but think about the reflection in the windshield and whether you will notice/be annoyed by it. I’ve removed it on my forthcoming 812 GTS.