My 308 in GTO look: the pictures! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My 308 in GTO look: the pictures!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by bert308, Jul 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    wow. I was impressed yesterday looking at the pictures, but after seeing the process you went through. Hats off to you my friend. VERY impressive!

2. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Is it odd that i think it looks even better than an actually 288GTO?

3. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    You've done a fantastic job. Great fit and finish and the paint looks flawless.

Congrats and enjoy that baby

Ron

4. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Great car Bert, you did an awesome job !

5. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    the results look so good it made me love the GTO all over again!!!!!

6. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    Your car looks GREAT! (from a fellow GTO replica lover and hopfully soon owner)

but why did you choose to build the body your self instead of buying a fiber glass body or something along those lines? not ripping on you because im sure the trip was fun, but i cant imagin all the work that took! WOW!

7. bert308

bert308 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #57 bert308, Aug 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is NOT a GTO replica! It really still looks like a 308GTS, only with a slightly wider body and spoilers. I doubted long about the "GTO" vents behind the rear wheels, as they are fake and serve no other purpose than good looks, but I put them on because of, eh, good looks!
    The GTO kits cost 8000 excluding shipping to Europe and they really look like kits to me, I had no fiber experience and I wasn't planning the full GTO look, only the front spoiler first and I could make that myself. Only when I received the wheels and the offsets were wrong, and when I already had the paint of the fenders, I decided to make wider fenders as it didn't seem to difficult. I tried on a model first with paper and on the car with cardboard paper and I could make the fenders without nicking the cardboard, only folding it around the wheel and cutting to size. Making the fenders was only a few days work. Getting them smooth for painting is another matter though... It took so long because I also did upgrades to the rear trunk area and lots of other stuff like the interior, all things that also would need to be done when installing a fiber kit. There is a kit for sale on ferrariads.com by fchat member Nickm.
    Here is a picture of a 308 with gto kit, it looks to wide for me and make the 308 look fat in my opinion, but that's my opinion and the car is from a fellow fchat member and I don't want to talk bad about other peoples cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    nice job! looks like you sprayed her out side, I have been in the trade for over 20 years and some of my best paint work was in the oddest places, barns, garages, outside, whare houses, great job fellow dutchman!
    Arie.

9. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Amazing,great car. "The Affordable GTO"....kind of.

10. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain

well... you are THE MAN and my new role model :D

I plan to do a GTO kit from a 308 with in a few years... your car is AWESOME!