360 - My 360 is arriving soon...battery vs transit | FerrariChat

360 My 360 is arriving soon...battery vs transit

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kitchdog, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hi all,

My new 360 is being picked up by a truck on Wednesday from another state and will be delivered exactly a week later.

Current owner thinks we should shut the power off to the vehicle. I am not completely opposed to this but just wondering about the initiation process that is meant to be done once it is switched back on. Aldous talks in detail about this - anyone has experience doing this restart?

My other options are to just chance my arm and hope the battery is okay 7 days later, or see if I can get an express transit.

If it got to my house on the truck and was dead flat, that wouldn’t be ideal. Guess I should get a new battery and have it on standby? Clearly jump starting is a big no no, just wondering what you would do in these circumstances?

Thanks!

2. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Depends how old the battery is. Restart up procedure for a 360 is pretty simple.

Kitchdog likes this.
  3. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sorry - battery is just under a year old.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Basic procedure is regularly posted here and is in owners handbook so if its off just check it before you start

Turn on - switch to II - wait 10 seconds - start

Make sure you have the radio code before it is turned off and you will also need to reset the clock

Enjoy

Kitchdog likes this.
  5. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you - the stereo is an aftermarket unit so there is at least one thing I don’t have to worry about :)

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Seven days should not be an issue for a one year old battery unless car is drawing more juice than it normally should

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

jcurry and gt1995 like this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    turn it off - not a big deal. i turn of the batteries on my 360 and 430s all the time, for 10 years. just turn it back on when it arrives and drive.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  8. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    You could always leave it on and have a jump pack to connect to the battery when it arrives. A jump pack is not the same as jump starting with another car.

Walt Gamble likes this.
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    One week is not much of a risk with a one year old battery so long as it is fully charged before they put it on the truck. I’d rather not bother with re-initializing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jcurry likes this.
  10. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    I had my 360 delivered in an enclosed trailer - 7 days of transit time. Started and ran with no issues when it arrived. I wouldn't be concerned - at least I wasn't, and for me ended up being just fine. I would definitely get a battery tender for it (I bought a CTek on Amazon).

jcurry likes this.