My 365 GT4 2+2 | FerrariChat

My 365 GT4 2+2

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by TomTomGTA, Jun 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TomTomGTA

TomTomGTA Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Tom Mailliet
    Hello again,

Maybe presentations are in order.
    I'm a dentist in Luxembourg, Alfisti at heart (I've owned quite a few and still race a 1750GTAm)
    So I just recently acquired 18361. She's completely original (just a light clear coat on the paint and a stainless exhaust) runs like a charm (maybe a bit fat as she pops and bangs on the overrun). I have already put almost a 1000km on her in 2 days. She has a few noises she didn't have before but nothing serious although I think the gearbox will need an overhaul, it's a bit stiff especially going into first and 3rd grinds from time to time.
    These cars are great I didn't think I'd like her that much ;-)

I wish you all a great day!

Tom Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my GM1913 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. au400i

au400i Rookie

Oct 26, 2018
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Thomas Clement
    Beautiful colour combination!!!!

Gear attitude getting out and putting miles on... These cars respond very well to KM's and stay healthier if used regularly.

Normally 2nd is "stiff" gear especially when cold and most of us get use to going from 1st to 3rd until things warm up. Sure it's not a clutch adjustment you are after?

I put Redline in both my 400i and my 330 and it significantly improves the gearbox. Expensive but totally worth it. A lot of these cars have very old heavy gear oil sitting in their boxes unchanged for many years and the gearbox ends up feeling like a truck.

Funny thing when I rebuilt my 400's gear box (top bearings had sat too long and gone dry) was that one of the oil passages was not drilled properly. We were the first to open the gearbox since the factory so "Luigi" must have been distracted that afternoon ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso likes this.
  3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Congratulations. I was looking at this car on the Internet a few months ago. Very nice. Stunning in verde pino, I believe.

4. TomTomGTA

TomTomGTA Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Tom Mailliet
    Hello, yes Verde Pino Blenheim.

5. TomTomGTA

TomTomGTA Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Tom Mailliet
    Thanks,

That's what my mechanic said too, change the oil first and we'll see!! Does anybody know about a service manual?

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Tom,

What a great color on your car!

As for a service manual... Ferrari did not make a specific service manual for the 365 GT4 2+2, as the C4 was almost mechanically identical to the GT4 and so you can use the 365 GTC/4 Service manual with only some minor changes. With that said there are some excellent documents available on the 365 GTC/4 website (http://365gtc4.com/library/). There is a365 GTC/4 service manual on Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-365-Service-Workshop-Repair-Maintenance-Manual-GTC4-79-73-Blue-Binder-OE/152518721556?hash=item2382d30014:g:aocAAOSwMHdXRz-~), but is overpriced (seller has a history of really overpricing their offerings). Keep a look out on Ebay and on the Web and I am sure you can find a manual for more reasonable cost (perhaps $200 or so).

Cheers,

Sam

TomTomGTA likes this.
  7. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Welcome! Beautiful 365, congratulations!

Ruben

TomTomGTA likes this.
  8. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    I love this car !

TomTomGTA likes this.