My 77 308 may be totalled..Houston repair facilities? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My 77 308 may be totalled..Houston repair facilities?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by greg328, Jan 31, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My accident happened 1/2 mile from home. I drove her home watching engine temp very carefully. Never overheated.

Never turned the engine over since. Shouldn't have sustained any engine damage.

I'm plenty patient, I just miss my car!

Greg

2. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    OK, further update:

The package from Ferrari Parts Exchange arrived last Wednesday, not as promised!

I was supposed to receive the whole front frame section, from cowl forward. Only the front box frame section (front 2 feet) arrived, and it was horribly rusty. The body shop rejected it, and sent it back.

The package was also supposed to include 1 a-arm, 1 suspension mount fork, radiator/condensor, and a new lower USA valance.

None of those items arrived......

Apparantly stolen in transit. FPE sent everything clear-shrink-wrapped down to a pallet. Easily visible to prying eyes! I wish they would have sealed everything in a crate. Oh well.....

So, here's where we are:

The front end has been totally torn down, and I can now see that this damage is not serious. The lower frame crossmembers (in front of the main rails) are ruined, but the main bumper support beams are fine, just a little over to one side. Those can be pulled easily. My body shop guy said he can easily weld in new steel square tubes in their place. The battery tray and right-side radiator bottom seat was crumpled, but my guy said he can straighten those out. The front clip has minor creases, easily repairable. Paintwork will occur--hope they canmatch the rest of the car!
    My lower left a-arm is bent, along with the front mount fork. Those may be fixable, but I would prefer new, if available. Does anybody make reproduction suspension components for 308s?
    I need a new radiator and valance. I'm looking at Nick's aluminum radiator, but somebody on F-Chat warned me against it, because aluminum corrodes much faster than brass. Not sure which to choose. Where can I get a new brass 308 radiator? Are there new ones out there?
    Who makes the best reproduction fiberglass valances? Nick offers the Euro type, which I LOVE the look of, but I know I'll crack it on these crappy Houston streets in no time. I'm inclined to go w/ the USA-style. Opinions?

I'm going over there today--I'll take some photos and post them here later..

Greg

3. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Any updates?

Which Prestige Collision did you take it too? There are two in Houston.