My car is here! Finally | Page 11 | FerrariChat

My car is here! Finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by Bee Jay, Jul 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Bee Jay,
    Just stumbled upon this thread, and only seen the first page, but man, the photo of you and the mrs with the keys in your hand says it all! What a great picture! Enjoy! ;)

Dave

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    BeeJay,

Congrats on the F-car... I just bought one about two weeks ago, and my face hurts cause I can't stop smiling.... I enjoyed reading your thread.... it was great! Hope to meet you one day.

Mike in Kuwait

4. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Very cool mate!! Glad you are enjoying the car!! :):)

After 2 years, I LOVE my car and do not think I could ever live without a Ferrari in the garage ever again. :):)

Cheers mate. Thanks for the tip. ;);)

Bee Jay is a really cool guy Mike. :):)

I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with him 2 weeks ago. :):)

If only we had more time, would have been awesome. Next year again mate. :):)

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Man am I late to the party or what.

This is way long over due, but better late than never.

Welcome to the Brotherhood.

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

This is unlike you Ernie...............:eek::eek: :p:p

7. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Congrats again (I already you congratulated on the vette forum). I have 8 years left of house payments and a Shelby Mustang (65 or 66) that I have to pay off and obtain before I get my Ferrari. If all goes according to plan Ill have mine right when I hit the big five oh. It will be interesting to see what 100 -120K will get me in the previously owned Ferrari world by 2015 or so. Enjoy!!!!

8. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Hey PCH, that was your first post here? I'm honored. What is your handle on the Vette forum? Don't wait till your 50, find a way, get it now. We are not promised tomorow. I should have done this long ago. You can let it sit in your 401k gaining 4%, or you can drive it. Buy at the bottom of the curve, I hope I did. My car should always be worth what I paid for it.
    Bee Jay

9. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Yea, it was my first post. I dont own a Ferrari so I just kind of live through you guys. I am a public servant (cop in Malibu) who does alright thanks to massive amounts of overtime. If I wanted to I could dump the Vette (71 LT1 vert, 2X top flight, all the documentation) and get a 348/355 but im not quite ready yet. It will happen though. In Malibu I have the pleasure of coming into contact with Ferrari owners all the time (in parking lots or whatever, not on the side of the road!) I must say that most of the Ferrari owners I have met have been some of the most down to earth people I have had the pleasure of meeting. My handle on the Vette forum is PCHMOTOHO as well. Enjoy!!!!!!

10. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    DO NOT sell your Vette to get a Ferrari. Especially a bumper car with docs. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorow, but soon and for the rest of your life you will regret it. We will wait for you. I lurked here for over three years before I bought. Yep, some real nice guys over here.
    Bee Jay

11. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    I wont sell the Vette to get a Ferrari. Ill just continue to put the money away to get my prancing horse one day. Two years ago my next door neighbor purchased a Ferrari and last summer my friend gave me a ride ( a very spirited ride!!!) in his 430. That 430 ride was a life changing experience.

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Bee Jay,

I just read your post, what a great story, congrats and enjoy it in good health. I love the 348 TS so much I bought it twice, then switched over to a Spider, but all had Tubis!! By far the best sounding V8 Ferrari ever. Congrats again.

13. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Bee Jay,

Just read this post as well. Mate, this is one bad post. Reminds me so much of my initial feelings about the experience, and the fact that those feelings never go, now my heart is yearning for my little fly yellow italian companion.

Buddy, you are one deserving owner.... your total appreciation and desire to share the experience with all is wonderful. Keep it up, and for heavens sake, dont make the same mistake as me.... keep the 348!!!

14. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Mate, also saw your lovely 914 in the garage... I had a ride in one once... it was a totally amazing ride... the predecessor to the elise. An absolute go-cart. You have a lovely garage mate!!!

15. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Pap, how the hell did you fit all that gear, and the fencing in your car!!! BTW it looks stunning bud....

16. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #266 Bee Jay, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Harold. I think we need to make a trip to Australia to see you and Pap. I put 2000 miles on the Ferrari in two months, so the Porsche and the other toys haven't been feeling the love lately. I did adjust the valves on the Fiero yesterday, which was fun (hydraulic lifters, non adjustable, I had to use shims). I have a 3.0 911 engine to put in the 914 so it will be a 914 six someday. I also am building a 396 roller cam engine for the Vette, and I have a fuel injection unit on the shelf and an aluminum batwing for it too. I just need time to do the wrenching. I love working on my cars as much as driving them. You can see more of the Vette, Harley, and Porsche here:
    http://www.picturetrail.com/beejay7
    Enjoy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Harold

Harold F1 Rookie

Jun 19, 2004
    Singapore/Australia
    Stunning mate, just stunning, what a collection....

And a 914-6 in the making? Cant wait to hear more on that.... will you be putting the flares on the 914?

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Thanks mate. :D

My brother drove all the gear down in a second car. :):)

19. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #269 Bee Jay, Oct 3, 2007
    Nope, I like the clean look of no flares. What do you think? The rear fenders have been pulled slightly. Gives her some curvy hips.
    Bee Jay

20. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #270 Bee Jay, Dec 6, 2007
    Four months, 3000miles. The honeymoon is not over. I absolutely love this car. I drove it yesterday to celebrate four months. The funnest part of this car is giving rides. You have to acelerate hard, brake hard, and corner hard, give thme their moneys worth. Girls giggle and guys want to fight you. The second funnest part is driving by school bus stops in the morning. The elementary and Jr high kids go ape. Future Ferrari owners I'm sure. Everyone wants to race you. You can be driving it like you stole it, and people think you are trying to race them. Some motorcycle rider was bragging about how he smoked a black guy in a Ferrari. Well, of course that got back to me. I was just tooling along at extra legal speeds, and he decided to leave me in his dust. I kept tooling along at my same speed. I hope he doesn't paint a yellow horse on his tank and think he can smoke all Ferrari's. I got my plates. I need to take a picture of them.
    BJ'S 4RE
    So far, the only problem is the alternator. Rebuilt it for $100.
    I put 3000 miles on it so far, about half going to Monterey for Concourse Italiano, and to LA for the Chat awards banquet. No other trips yet. This could easily be my daily driver, but rainy season is comming, and I'm sure I'll pile on the miles a little slower. 28K miles and rolling. Did I mention, I love this car. 99% of the miles have been with the targa off. I'm very glad I got the ts. I upgraded the sound system with a killer amp and custom woofer box. Listening to old school urban music with the top off at 100mph and the gutted cats and tubis screaming, and my beautiful bride next to me, is the way to fly. Hey it's all good, even at 55mph. I love this car.
    Bee Jay

21. wraith0513

wraith0513 Rookie

Dec 1, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    TTC VI (Tom)
    First post here on Fchat, and am really glad this one popped back to the surface for me to see. Congrats on the car, and the enjoyment you have had with it. I bought an NSX in 2001, and it was totaled at Deal's Gap in NC |March 24, 2007 by a motorcyclist that crossed the center line and hit me (he broke his collarbone, and my heart), and I have been down and out ever since, and have not really had the passion for cars that I used to. Reading your post brought it all back for me, which almost got me teary eyed... :) I'm starting to look for a 348, and am figuring that it is probably a year or so off (changing careers right now, gotta save, just in case...) but reading everything got me excited again, for the first time in a very long time. Enjoy everything, sounds like life is beautiful... :) And thank you very much! I thought that the feelings you felt might have left me permanently. I now know different.

22. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    At this point the neighbors are totally jealous but at least the wife is smiling and that's way more important than the neighbors.

Nice. 914 looks awesome.

23. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Wow sir you are a true car nut I enjoyed reading all your post, very inspiring Question about your woofer box. Where did you place it? What size of subs?

Did you have to give up any usable space? Do you have pics on location of the sub?

Any info would appreciated.

P.s keep us posted on your ride.

24. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #274 Bee Jay, Dec 7, 2007
    Here is the link to my sound system install and sub-woofer build.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174267
    Warning: Installing expensive high powered sound systems in a Ferrari is like blasphemy around here. Spending big bucks on improving the sound of the exhuast system is highly encouraged and applauded. I have both, tubi with gutted cats, sounds wonderful, and high powered Alpine/Kenwood/sub-woofer sound system. Sounds great. Just remember, it's your car. It's like the hooker asking the John, "who you gonna satisfy with that little thing?", the John replys, "Me".
    Bee Jay

25. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    ..lol..:p......................hey man did those spacers fill help fill out those wheel wells of yours?? :)