My car is here! Finally | Page 14 | FerrariChat

My car is here! Finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by Bee Jay, Jul 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Bee Jay:

Sorry. Unfortunately, I'm a relatively recent transplant here. I grew-up and went to school in Boston. I have lived all over the country - LA, New York, Chicago, etc. A pharmaceutical company down here specializing in the development of chemotherapeutic drugs made me "an offer I couldn't refuse", hence the relocation. Speaking of Ike, we didn't even get a drop of rain here. You should have seen the stores earlier this week - talk about panic-buying!! But, I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. Houston and Port Arthur did get slammed, though! PM me when your coming down - I'd love to take you (and your wife, if she's coming) out to dinner. Take care of yourself.

All the best,

Scott

2. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    The woofer box doesn't take any seat or targa top storage space away. I never stow my top back there though, I need all the leg room I can get. It never rains here, so I just leave the top in the garage. The woofer box really makes a big change in the quality of sound comming from the Alpine.
    Bee Jay

3. DKHudson

DKHudson Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Durham, UK
    Full Name:
    David Hudson

Bee Jay,

If you are still looking to swap that ride hand side mirror for a concex wide view one, try asking a UK parts supplier. The right hand drive cars should have the mirrors the other way over, convex on right (driver side) and plain glass on the left (our passenger side).

I'm sure, for a shipping fee, that should get you a right hand side convex mirror.

Maranello (0044) 1784 433 043
    QV London (0044) 1344 622 011
    http://www.eurospares.co.uk/
    http://www.ferrarispares.co.uk/

David

(from the other side of the water)

4. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Hey. I just thought I'd drop in and say hello to everyone. I just paypalled for my Brotherhood II mag and realized I had been MIA again. I'm fine, the wife is fine, and the car is fine. I pulled her out (the 348) this week and I'm driving it to work all week. Small problem, the battery wont hold a charge. I guess I just don't drive it enough to keep it up and I have to trickle charge overnight when I think I'm going to drive it the next day. My 2001 Crew Cab pickup still has it's original battery and is going strong, but it gets driven at least once a week. The Ferrrari, Corvette, Harley, and Porsche just eats thru batteries about every other year. Other than that the car is still wonderful. Kinda depressing that the values are so far down. The $60k I spent to get this car here two years ago, (has it been two years already? Dang!) would buy a 355 GTS six speed today, with a recent belt service. I had to replace the rear tires recently, I think I got less than 4,000 miles out of them. Maybe it's my agressive driving because that's about all I get out the Vette too. I still would like to bolt on some 355 wheels and paint the lower portion of the car red, but I've got three kids in college and an ex-wife that wants mo money, so I will have to wait on those. I'm looking forward to Concourso Italiano (or whatever it's being called) in August. I will prolly drive the Porsche this year because Porsche is the featured mark at the Monterey Historics.
    How is everybody? PAP, Chris, Mike, Goth and others.
    I finally let one of my best friends drive the 348 last weekend. He's been real nice to me ever since. I think I'll try that with some of my not so nice friends.
    I still love this car. Since I don't drive it that often, I really drive it like I stole it. The front tires are too narrow and break away too soon. Maybe that will be resolved with 355 wheels and tires.
    I've been working on the Vette and on the house and work. I'm also a local elected official and all of that keeps me busy. Anyone comming to the Central Coast, holler. I would love to meet with you, feed you, buy you a drink, and take you across my favorite road, Harris Grade. But not in that order.
    Bee Jay

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Heya Bee Jay, GREAT to hear from you brother!! :D:D

I have been fantastic thanks mate and it sounds like you have been fantastic also!! :D:D

Please pass on my regards to your beautiful wife. ;);)

6. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Will do. Damn PAP. Your almost up to 45,000 posts. I don't have 650, and I thought I was posting pretty regularly at one time. Where do you find the time? I see your not putting a million smiles in your messages anymore. Heres one for you. :).

Bee Jay

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Hehe!! Cheers Bee Jay! :D:D

I have ALL the time in the world brother! ;);)

Here is a million smiley faces for you.........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    You so crazy.
    Bee Jay

9. racerf360

racerf360 Karting

Mar 18, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Very nice looking one. I've always thought the side of the 348 looks much aggressive than the 355.

10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    That I AM!! :D:D

11. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    Looks very nice, congrats mate !

12. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    BEE JAY what up :)

Man you always do this disappearing act on us. Actually Paul thought you were avoiding him that you didn't want the mag anymore ha ha ha ha kidding.

Sounds to me like you need to buy some things for your bad boy your not enjoying it to it's full potential. The 355 wheels will improve the handling tremendously and overall look I say buy them.

Enjoy your summer my friend and always take the long way home..:).

13. rhunt

rhunt Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Contrats on the car, you will look forward to driving it as often as you can..

14. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Just saying hello again. I'm comming up on two years of 348 ownership. Pap told me to give rides to kids and man that is always a thrill. I just gave rides to these two high school kids. Adam is the one with the frown and gangster sign flash. He's a senior and just graduated. Thinking of going NAVY. As most of you know, I'm retired Air Force, so I'm working on him. Michael is the one with the big poop eating grin. He knows a lot about cars and will be a senior next year. They wanted to video everything so they could post it on youtube. I wish I had gotten rides like that in high school, maybe I wouldn't have waited 50 years to get one.
    Before I go, I replaced the battery with a Costco two year. I was not impressed with how long the Optima dry cell lasted and I didn't want to invest another $200. Now my AC/heater/clock is powerless. Any tips on this?
    Bee Jay
    http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/Beejay007/?action=view&current=MVI_0133.flv
    http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/Beejay007/?action=view&current=MVI_0134.flv

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    VERY cool Bee Jay!! Looks like you made their day!! :D:D

Have you checked the fuses mate and the "hidden" fuse in the trunk compartment? :):)

16. 50hdmc

50hdmc Formula 3

Oct 10, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    mark s
    Congrats...I recognize that new owner smile anywhere!!!! That engine compartment looks incredible, really does. I did the whole Corvette thing too, all the way to Top Flight with a '65 coupe. I don't know about Concours, but I vote for originality when you have an excellent example to begin with. Best of luck with your new lady....

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This thread is amazing! Bee Jay, going on for 2 years now (almost) and still getting posts!. I hope it still puts a smile on your face today like the one you have in that first picture. I know mine still does after 5 years and 4 months! :)

Enjoy!

M

18. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Good to hear from you BeeJay....

Is this a great life, or what????

:D

Mike in Kuwait

19. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and say hi to both you and Beejay, Mike. Hope both you and your respective families are doing well.

BTW, I also did the Corvette "thing". My best accomplishment was an almost frame-up restoration on a 1963 split-T. Nice car, but not a Ferrari.

Best regards,

Scott

20. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    #345 Bee Jay, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    I clicked 35,000 miles today, and I figured I'd post to let you guys know and to see how is everyone. I drive the car pretty regularly when the weather is good and the car has been great. The AC problem was a simple loose wire. I've been pretty busy at work and home so I haven't been posting much. What's happening? Is PAP married yet? Is he honeymooning over here? It would be good to see him again. Has Chris been driving his car? Did he have that 348 watch made? I still have the only Ferrari in Lompoc, but a F-chatter has a 430 in Santa Maria. They have a pretty good Coffe and Donut gathering in Pismo Beach every Saturday in the Ross parking lot. I bring the Ferrari out to it once in a while. I'm pretty well know in these parts as 1) Sylvia's husband, and 2) the Ferrari owner. 35,007 miles. Damn, I gotta change the oil. I still need those 355 wheels.
    I still love this car.
    Bee Jay

21. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Ahh, true love.....

22. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    WOW, BJ, I remember smiling when you first posted this.

Awesome! :):)

23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Heya Bee Jay, GREAT to hear from you again brother!! :D:D

Yes, I did get married November last year. We honeymooned over in Hawaii for a week. :eek::eek:

I will have to catch up with on my next USA visit. I will be sure to let you know all know when I come back over. :D:D

Take care my friend and good to hear you and the Ferrari are going well. :D:D

24. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Jay my man how have you been, there you go again disappearing for months on end ;) you and Steve must be hanging out he disappears for months on end too lol

25. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    I just read ALL 18 pages.

BJ, you seem to be a great guy and enthusiast, this forum is packed with good people, I am still laughing at "blow jobs for free," and I've learned quite a bit about the 348.

I have one question. BJ, when will you change the trans fluid? With each click of a page I was anticipating the results. Lastly, please get the 355 wheels asap (I wish I could get a set for you), for you make it seem as though the 348 wheels/tires are going to get you injured on any given spirited drive (talk about understeer).

Thanks for sharing your joy and enthusiasm. It is inspiring.