My car is now finished!! What do you Ferrari and Lambo people think? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My car is now finished!! What do you Ferrari and Lambo people think?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by I8yurFerrari, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Welcome Matthew.

That's a great looking Supra. That is one hell of a clean engine bay!

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Cool Cool Cool! :) Tell me more please! Any pics? The only SCs I have come across were stock, and to me the stock rims looked a bit narrow. I would love to see your rims esp.!

3. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    Hi Mathew, I'm Anthony Griffin. What part of Madison do you live in, I live in Flowood. I have never seen your car around, the only one I have seen is the red one from eastover. We should get together sometime so I can check out your car. PM me.

4. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Man I thought I was done with this stuff. Nice to see the thread turn around a bit, but this is the kind of thing that completely turned me off from the import world, specifically Supras. You might notice my avatar and profile pic are a 94TT I had for a while...

I stopped reading the supra message boards because all anyone wanted to do was brag about how much power they made with stock bottom end, stock cams, or whatever. Every post was some crotch measuring contest with stupid hp and world record claims with a list of qualifiers.. like "world record for highest HP with stock bottom end, upgraded cams, stock exhaust cam sprocket, but aftermarket intake cam sprocket, 106 octane fuel, 1000ft above sea level, on a sunny day in August.." etc etc.. That stuff gets old real quick. I'm glad you have a nice car, but realize that not everyone cares about your 1/4 mile times and how much hp you make on a cold day with 116 octane gas.

Otherwise, welcome aboard :)

-R

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Sure, TWS next Thursday. I'll bring the F355 on street tires, you bring the Supra. We run for 45 minutes (one tank of gas), the one with the most laps wins. OK?

6. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Supras are dyno queens. Ive seen 700rwhp supras turn in slower times than a stock ZO6 with the same driver.

7. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Welcome aboard.

I'm a Toyota guy mself as well.

I've been blowing up MR2 motors for a few years now.

Much tougher then the rotaries I used to play with.

Shoot the last turbo I had took over 20 psi before the pistons melted.

Always good fun.

<JOKE>
    What do 600, 700 and 800hp supra's have in common?

13 second time slips.

</joke>

8. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Supra's aren't only dyno queens if you have them setup right. 950rwhp = 9.28 @ 149 on BFG DR's is no slouch. You just need a 2 step rev limiter to get them out of the hole with a good amount of boost already built up.

9. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    I8yurFerrari, you want to know what we think of your Toyota? I think you're at the wrong forum.

10. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    At the end of the day it is still a mass produced, everybody has one, looks like everyother car on the road piece of sh%t

11. 98wahoo

98wahoo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    well if everyone is gonna waive their internet cock, i'm throwing mine out too:

my 10.5 second 0-60 ford exploder suv will own all you f-car and supra owners when we get off pavement...so take that, and it cost a fraction of your car...i bet you are so ridiculously jealous you will start offering your car in trade. well, maybe not. but hey, if any of you want to trade your f-car straight-up, lemme know :)

12. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    I'm just waiting for someone to speak about their nitromethane burning rail car. "Oh... it runs about 320 in the quarter, but I don't take it out on the street very often." I'll confess... my new Chevy pickup would kill my 308GTS in a drag race. However, guess which one goes to the mountains..."

13. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

yeah i have pics, but dont want to hijack the thread
    send me your email i wil send some pics of the SC

yeah the rims are really narrow, thats why i went with a fat setup running 285 width in the back, up from the stock 215s.

slammed SC..pearl white...roaming the streets in los angeles :)

14. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    How about this,
    Who really cares?

15. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

So, anyone want to trade their car for his? He has made that offer.

16. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Bull****. :)

I have a friend with a Mustang putting 800+ at the rear wheels. So get back in line skippy.

There are a few folks here with cars mod'd over 1000hp, plus they are lighter and geared better than the Supra. Believe me you may have bought your way to a faster Toyota, but there are people here with deeper pockets that will make you go home crying when they get into a pissing contest over speed/power.

Besides the girls get in the Ferrari before they go for a Toyota. :( haha it's all good.

17. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Oh no you didn't...

*revs the Odyssey*

1080hp and 1200ft torque.. :D

18. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Since the thread's gone kind of off topic, speaking of SUVs. There was a guy with a 383 stroker in a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee at the track a few weeks ago, lol! The thing sounded mean! He was running 12.6's @ 115, crazy stuff. Looked stock.

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003

Well; challenge posed, challenged called, no friggen response!

I8yurFerrari must be afraid! (the puny weenie must be scared!)

20. 97SupraAPU

97SupraAPU Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    No I ain't scared, it just that funny to see how retarded y'all sound. Y'all are so serious about all this, and as I wrote before, everything I wrote was sarcastic!!

21. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I am still impressed no one has dropped the 1000+ hp Twin or 1200+hp Quadturbo flat 12 cylinder Testarossas yet. Come on guys ;-)

22. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    There is a black twin turbo'd Testarossa that cruises up on Barrett Parkway (local cruise spot) occasionally, I have pictures of it somewhere. Quite a setup! He said the car was $80k and the turbo setup was another $60k, said it dyno'd "in the high 900's" crazy.

23. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Glad to see that the communication is civilized now. Your car looks bad ass. You definitely receive kudos in my book-not just for the engine mods but the overall fit and finish of the car. All the parts look mean and clean. Very tasteful. We have all seen some ****ty mods done to imports (wings, decals, crappy engine bays). Yours is commendable in it's simplicity and muscle- nice paint and body treatment. Hope you have some good brakes : ) Thanks for the pics and have fun. Congrats.

Veej

24. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I'm no ricer fan, but that car did have some heart and soul pumped into it. Be it a Ferrari or a Supra, everyone has their own gig. They do what they like to do with their cars while they could be putting the money up their noses, beating old ladies for their purses and robbing banks.

Kudo's to the passion, the cool car and Dan's apology on the first page.

25. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    You have to admit that the way you launched this thread was in a challenging tone. But I'm glad it hasn't devolved into a **** fest. Actually, if you spend a little time poking around the site, you'll discover a lot more here than just Ferraris.

What I think is cool is that the culture of working on cars is alive and as healthy as it's ever been in this country. Even though focus, for the most part, has shifted to Japanese cars, I like that American kids still like to get their hands on them and turn them into, as you said, "beasts". Stick around. You may like it here.