my car photography site | FerrariChat

my car photography site

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by mr2speedracer, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
  2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very cool Nathan! You have a good eye for artsy shots / interesting angles etc. I really like some of your pictures.

I would change your font to verdana (2, 10 point) - I think that's the best font for websites (imho).

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
    Joe

3. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    thanks! if anyone wants larger photos jsut let me know

4. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    Wow! awesome pictures, i think you should use smaller fonts on your website it will look much better, besides that its a great start. By the way what was that Ford GT doing there on the street? some magazine reviewing or something? The Ford GT looks nice on those pictures.

5. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i still dont know why it was there.

6. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Im guessing the GT was a Ford cross country overhaul of the car? final testing maybe? love the pics tho! haha the 3some of the F40-Enzo was awesome!

7. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ford has a number of GT mules and pre-production cars running around lower Michigan. This is common before a new vehicle is launched, they do this to work out any remaining issues before they reach Job 1.

I live a little closer to Dearborn than Nate, so I have seen 3 or 4 GT's, a handfull of the 2005 Mustangs (cleverly disquised in black and white animal print and extra cladding to throw ones attention off, yeah right!) There is someone who lives in my neighborhood has periodically had the 2005 Ford Freestyle parked in his driveway (disguised of course) and he's been parking that car there off and on since summer 2001.

The funny thing is, normally the manufacturer's cars in pre-production form have the tell tale black and white paint job with the bras and extra cladding to fool those who don't have the eye to spot them, however, the GT's I have seen have made no attempt at this. Must be because the shape is so distinct, it wouldn't matter any way.

I hope this was informative.

Mike

8. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
  9. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Nice website, you got some good shots on there! keep it up.

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Good work. You could make the small thumbnails or previews of the pictures in lesser quality. That way the page loads up faster. Keep the pictures themselves of the same (high) quality.

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Good job but add some women.

12. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Great images speed. Keep shooting and They will get even better. Do you have any formal photography instruction? What are you using to take these photos, an SLR or just a point and shoot?

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert