my cars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

my cars

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bundas, Aug 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Money. Finally. Finishing this project will clean out all the assets. I am trying to figure out where the last $109,000 will come from. I need $683,000 to finish this. I am happy with the cars I have at this point. I may sell two or three that are duplicates.

2. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I watched your tv news feature, I like you and your plan

3. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #28 bundas, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    365. Waiting on new valves and guides. They should be in next Tuesday. Ferrari 400 out, finally. Driven very little since 2007 purchase. I put a wire wheel set on it today. They have been sitting in a box for 10 years. Got the 1962 Chrysler 300 out and drove it around. Bright red with a silver Metallica top. Big headed turner. To a car show this week end. Next week the 1966, 300 goes in. Minor stuff. 1989 Biturbo Spyder needs coils and a plug wire set. Then it will go to the interior shop and have the new top installed. The 430 goes in to replace the steering rack. LaForza number one, blower fan needs replacing

4. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Can we get the link?

5. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    I have not posted anything about this issue in a long time. saw my Dr. in Columbus Tuesday. they have a new drug. when I meet him this coming April they will kill the remaining cancer

6. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Wow... Sorry man.... I hope everything goes well with the treatment. Suddenly it makes sense why you are not thinking about the money spending.

I enjoy your posts (sometimes I don't understand them), you're a character (in the positive way) for sure.

Take care!

7. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
  8. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  9. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    ebay purchase. $3,000. camo paint job. ugly ugly. 2002 CC spyder. SD3 hooked up. says I need a crank sensor. I have a spare. progress.

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Painfully slow but yes. Progress on everything. 365gt4 2 2. Valves will be in the shop tomorrow. Delayed a week by a lying supplier. Both LaForza in separate shops. I needed to send one to another shop. Nothing done for two weeks on one. I need to find a blower motor for one and it will be mechanically finished. The other LaForza will not start. It has been sitting for two years. Chrysler 300 waiting for an oil pressure gauge. A resistor in that unit controls all the instruments. I took the 550 out. Nice. Big people stopper. Leather removed from the 400 windshield frame. Rust Yuk. To the body shop in two weeks. Right now the convertible top will be fixed. Some snaps missing at the rear. The 2002 Maserati Spyder is getting new top straps. Same shop.

11. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Smh. Without people like Bundas, what would this site be exactly?

Really sad to see hate perpetuated towards one of the nicest guys here.

12. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #37 bundas, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Both LaForza look to be ready for the road next week. one needs the interior. they will be ready for the winter. I was worried. I got rear ended yesterday while driving the 1962 Chrysler. rear bumper skewed and RH rear fender buckled. guy paid me cash(estimate $1,845.00) today. afraid he would lose his job, sad. 1989 Maserati spyder got out of the shop today. runs, finally. AC compressor locked. transmission has a bearing noise. it was sent to the upholstery shop for a new top assy. I have a Ferrari 400 there for top repair at the rear area. and a 2002 Maserati spyder to fix two straps that have stretched, a very common problem for that model. i hired a felon to strip the cars that will not be fixed. four week in now, problems are few. I get a QP3 tonight at 2am. bought one on eBay. worst looking car ever. Camo wrap. ugly, ugly. thanks Mike. imam doing my best to keep the economy healthy. there are always jealous, envy and bitter people. nice thing about print. no one force us to read

13. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Good for you!

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Loved the video,
    Garage house looks great, building ones vision is an ultimate

sounds like you are keeping a few shops in buisness.

Inspirational, makes me feel like taking care of my 4 needy cars not so bad.

15. 99_Carrera

99_Carrera Formula 3

Nov 2, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very cool for you to give that guy an out so that he could keep his job. And it's just as cool that he paid you and honored his word. :)

Garage looks phenomenal, Bundas!

16. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    the Maserati 430 is home, 100% finished. I took them the
    QP 3, number 7 to check out. upholstery shop finished removing leather trim on the inside of the window frame(400ai convertible) painter missed a rust spot. it was driving me nuts. so I need to find a paint shop. I will take it to a repair shop tomorrow. it needs the boot cable release, the speedometer, and control wires run to the rear view mirrors. a paint shop is in the same building. the shop has finished my silver LaForza, 100%. the same shop figured out the cut wire in the 2002 Maserati spyder. the 02' Maserati is in the upholstery shop. the two fabric straps have stretched so the top will not work properly. they also have the 89' Biturbo spyder in for a new top. that and a speedometer will finish the car. Palo Alto Speedometer is working overtime for me. about the 62' Chrysler 300. the oil pressure and water temp, gauge do not work. got rebuilt exchange ones in. so that car goes in tomorrow. Thursday should see the second LaForza finished. PROGRESS

17. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #42 bundas, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    both LaForza are home. they go in Monday for running boards, remote start. then to the upholstery shop. head liners look like drapes. the 400ai convertible needed the rear of the top worked on. it now looks perfect. it is in another shop for little stuff. and then a paint shop for touch up. I need window switches, AC not charged in either one. but winter is here. I thought I bought a top for the 89' biturbo. I only received the headliner. so two weeks + wait. the Chrysler 300 has full working instrument cluster, $3,000 later. it still lacks a new dash pad. that is coming from Sweden. all new weather stripping in. I one cool cat driving this, glass packs sound great. the Bitter SC parts got on. just maybe that shop will start back together with it this coming week. the 2002 spyder is sitting now for the second week. they will start on the top repair this coming week, I hope. the Ferrari 365 will be down for a camshaft. off for a lobe rebuild. at least a month away. I had my temporary hired felon working on a junk QP3 taking the front suspension apart. the last one I bought needs all the front suspension replaced. salt ate it up. the rest of the car looks good. this coming wed. that shop will start work on the car. I had the electric rear view mirror control switch removed from a QP3. I will use it on a 400ai Ferrari. they use the same outside electric mirrors. he is taking all the manual five speeds out of the biturbos. also I have him pulling the motor out of the 2000 aston martin. that should be done tomorrow. lots going on. but finally each car is closer to 100%.money finally ran out. so I am not going to finish some cars. I really do not want to sell them but that may be the realistic thing to do.

18. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #43 bundas, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Motor out. Will mount the motor for display. And turn the rest into a seat set. Worker now on two Maserati Biturbo. Removing the motors and five speeds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    One LaForza has a new interior and is at the shop getting running boards and remote start/lock. The other is getting a new interior then running boards. Bitter, shop cross threaded a caliper line and was not smart enough to fix. So I sent a courier 50 miles each way. Got that done. QP3 needed all the front bushings. They will be in tomorrow am from MIE. Palo Alto speedometer will send the two instrument clusters back Friday. One for the QP3. I sent the one out of the burnt car for a check up. And one from a BiTurbo that will go in the Spyder. The new spider top was shipped from MIE today. The 28 posters I got from Houston arrived today. Thank you Alan. They are still wrapped. Would never have happened without you. Cost $135. To ship. Cheap, packing company wanted $750. The 1980 400ai is still waiting it's turn. And the 2002 Spyder is waiting elastic straps. A Calif. company actually make them.

20. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    the Two LaForza have new interior. both are now waiting for running boards. they should be finished by next Friday. the Bitter has all new brakes and is getting the auto transmission leaks fixed. I will have to take it to a different shop for the speedometer and gas gauge. the Biturbo top will be here next Tuesday. instrument group as well. the 2002 spyder top got fixed today, but they car has a new issue. a pump will not stop. f 1 maybe. for a car with 8,000 miles it has been a real nightmare. it is in a good shop and will get sorted. the cammo. QP3 is making progress. all the parts are in. it will take time to replace all the lines and rebuild the front suspension. progress. I plan on driving the 430 about 500 miles tomorrow. it's first real trip.. AAA membership card in hand.

21. Carbonero

Carbonero Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    Troll Free Zone
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Agree, most certainly agree...

22. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Thanks for posting that. I've never met Bundas, and his collection is not what I would purchase....but the guy is a real car guy. The guy has worked his ass off and made a nice nest egg.....that includes the cars he enjoys. He has serious health issues and is trying to enjoy his life.
    I was recently chastised here for talking about non Ferrari cars............well like Bundas, I have interest in all vintage cars, and take the time to look at and appreciate them all. I once met a very hot young woman driving a perfect Corvair. As I drooled over her car she sat in my Ferrari talking to her husband on the phone. She told him the Ferrari guy is in my car. She told me that he told her to try a trade right now.

23. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    this car has gremlins. honest. I cannot believe the money I keep spending. there is a limit. top now works like new. two straps were stretched. $600 fix. so car would not start. towed to shop. new battery. then the F1 pump went nuts! they figured out a relay was locked on. fixed now. just turned the power off and back on. it reset it's self. holding my breath.

24. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    It's home. Running. F1 pump relay changed. Top works. Until I drive the car I have zero faith. It's going to take a few thousand miles before I trust it. The top for the 1989 Biturbo Spyder. That is to happen Tuesday. Instrument clusters came in today for the Biturbo Spyder and the red neck QP3. Cam cover leaks fixed on QP3. The speedometer will be the last item. Then the interior needs changing. My felon will start removing a compete perfect one from a spare tomorrow. One LaForza should be back Sat. With new running boards and remote start.

25. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #50 bundas, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Home. It has a few little things. Tank fuel sending unit and change the rear bumper. Right now my helper is finishing up the interior. LaForza number one will be done tomorrow with door lock and remote start. I decided to put CD player and rear vision camera in. But that has to be ordered. So tomorrow I will put a new interior seating in from another car. The 2002 Maserati Spyder runs like a new one. I have driven it for two days now
    Image Unavailable, Please Login