My chance at Formula One, Your thoughts | FerrariChat

My chance at Formula One, Your thoughts

Discussion in 'F1' started by chaparralman, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed this fantastic web forum since I had my first Ferrari about 4 years ago and worked as a Ferrari mechanic in college. I have also found it to be a great place to get in touch with people I have met in the past. Some of you may know I am a racer and enjoy restoring my own vintage race cars and running them too.

On the serious side, I have always been in pursuit of a modern racing career and in the past looked toward Indy. Currently I hold an FIA Intenational B license. (If you ever need a guy for Grand-Am or ALMS in a pinch, let me know)

In the past year I was found out by a group of people in Formula One that have been looking for the right American profile to train and groom into the next F1 driver. We are commited to making this happen together and have been working hard to make the future bright.

I'm bringing this up for two reasons.

One: I thought my new car buddies would get a kick out of it.

Two: Recently, my primary investor has "flaked" in a very poor business manner on us for the 2008 season of racing in the Formula 3 Euro Series. While the legal recourse is inevitable that does little for my race year and athletic growth.

(Sidebar) The big deal recently all went south at the Cavalino Ferrari Concours in Palm Beach. I thought it was humorous that my big business deal as an American to race in Europe went away in the heart of Ferraris. I couldn't help but think of the Ford buying Ferrari story.

So, I present to all of you fellow racers my dillema in the hope that one of you might know of a business or people/person that would benefit from European exposure, from being in the inner circles of world business, and Formula One as a new sponsor for my effort to become the next American F1 driver. The business connections alone are well worth the price of admission.

You can see the story at www.putschracing.com

Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Casey

[email protected]

2. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Very true. I fear that I don't have anything of value to add here, but I wish you the best for your future career! :) Hopefully you'll find a sponsor, and it would be great if you were able to keep us posted! I've been into motorsports from an engineering side, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to hear some stories from the side of a professional driver, no matter which series you're in. Formula3 is btw an amazing success for you, even if you don't manage to race there because of financial reasons, you can be very proud of yourself to drive at such a level!

3. flyhen

flyhen Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    All the best Casey,

Wish I can help now, but I am just a poor medical student, fighting to finish my school career as of now. But (hopefully) when I made it, it will be my pleasure should you need any medical advices or such.

Keep it up!

4. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    How old are you, and when did you first hop into a kart/race car?

5. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    And if any of you care to support an aging, mediocre, non-photogenic no-name with an attitude problem, currently biding his time in club racing and looking to move up to IMSA Lites or GT3 Cup, please email me.

(What the hell? It worked for Scott Speed, didn't it?)

6. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    If you're out of college, and you haven't won a championship in either an American or European series, I don't think that there was ever a real shot at F1, unless someone you knew who was willing to pay millions to buy you a ride, and it would have been on one of the B teams.

Getting a 4 wheel ride in a major series requires two things: huge talent, and huge money, or super huge talent, and a little money. I've known more than a few open wheel races (Vasser to start with), and frankly, either you're putting us on, or someone was putting you on.

I did get a kick out of it, but perhaps not the manner you thought.

Art

7. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't think those pursuing F1 careers seriously would post on F-chat for help, but that's just me.

What are your credentials?

8. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    He's 26. End of story.

9. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Uhhhh...he represented THE Ohio State University in Formula SAE...

Is that enough to get a test with Williams, you think? :confused:

10. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

What a joke...please mods, delete this thread and put it out of its misery.

(even Johnny Lamour's racing career is more compelling...this joker has none)

11. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Ignore the negative posts above.

Fly to Maranello TONIGHT. TOMORROW AT THE LATEST. Got to the ferrari factory. Go in the front door, and tell them Simon from F-Chat told them to give you a try out.

Let me know how it goes. Don't embarras me.

12. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #12 kiesan, Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Best of luck Casey. Will you be arriving in the paddock via helicoptor or Delorean?

"Here is a picture of me and my D. I am Casey Putsch, my D is a December of 1981 car with 32,000 miles and is a 5 speed with grey interior. We are both 20 years old and in perfect running order :) Sincerely, Casey Putsch"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete

But I have to ask, why the heck would you want to end up in the most contrived series currently running?. To win in F1, all you have to do is kneel in front of Bernie and ... well you fill in the rest. It's got close to nothing to do with driving ability, simply deals, etc.

Best
    Pete

14. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I think this is the best solution for ol' Casey. He doesn't have a demonstrated track record of winning, so he might as well look at plan B!

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

16. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping for my big sponsorship break!!!!

17. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

Thanks a lot...I just spit my coffee out my nose laughing at that video. Now I have to clean my keyboard :D

18. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Anything for a fellow Senna fan!

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    #19 Senna3xWC, Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    "you and your machine. You both are complete. When it breathes, you are alive. This you're sure of. Push the throttle downward, the thrill is meek. You surge forward. The pull. The climb above the bounds of Earth, where nothing less will do. The path is there. You move like a serpent. In a kind of fast dance. you know she loves you, and only you. The passion is times spent most worthy. To look death and blow a kiss. Together they fly, truly free, until the dance must end. The feeling persists, more than addiction, your heart is not still. But only one thing is terrifying. Never to fly, living without trying"

Casey Putsch
    Poet
    F1 Driver
    Man Amongst Men
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I put that into BabelFish and it couldn't translate it into English.

21. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    By 26 he should think about RETIRING from F1. I saw the website... Utterly hillarious, so pompous and clue-less. Wannabe James Hunt.

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

lol :D

It's probably too late for you.

23. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Oh god, one should first look at the links and then find encouraging words...If the OP is really 26, he should forget about F1 and get a 'real' job... and shut down that website...

24. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    He still needs to catch up to Alonso's two championships.

25. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I've met Casey several times and