My crazy 348 clock...Ideas? | FerrariChat

My crazy 348 clock...Ideas?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Husker, Jun 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Ever since I bought my 348 back in February, the clock just blinks "00:00". When I try to push in those tiny little buttons per the manual, guess what...NOTHING HAPPENS. Am I missing something here? I hate to push TOO HARD on the silly control panel. Thoughts?

2. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K
    husker,

You may have already done this but you must use a very fine point to change these - right on the centre indentation

A paper clip is ideal.

Pushing with fingers will not work.

JOhn

3. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    If a previous owner pushed the tiny buttins too hard, they may have gotten stuck behind the front panel. The rubbery buttons are actually separate from the switches which are part of a PC board. The only remedy in this case is to remove the entire unit and disassemble it unless you can maneuver the buttons back into position somehow without removing the panel. I removed and disassembled mine and in the process cleaned all the contacts between the multiple layers of PC boards. Both the clock and AC/Heat control unit now work perfectly.

Bob