My crazy neighbor | FerrariChat

My crazy neighbor

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Oct 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I sold one of my rentals (a 3BR - 2.5 bath, 1 car Townhouse) to a lady two years ago for $265K. She has been trying to sell it for six months and is getting REAL cranky because it has yet to sell. She is on her third RE agent with a price of $295K. Last March, we moved into our other rental townhouse next door. The setting is three buildings that have two townhouses each with a common parking lot that holds ten cars.

A couple days ago, Chelsea (13) was riding her skateboard in the parking lot with a friend. Well, the crazy neighbor got her panties in a wad and went off on Chelsea, yelling at her (With some foul languange) that her skateboarding with her friends was annoying her and demanded her to stop (I was on travel, but got the phone call). I told Chelsea that she had every right to skateboard, as it does not bother ANY of the other neighbors (I called them).

QUESTION: If the crazy neighbor goes off on Chelsea again for skateboarding, is there some sort of cause to get the local police involved for verbal abuse against a minor? Would a restraining order be out of line? I ask this because the neighbor is thick headed and will not listen to me when I tell her to get use to the fact that Chelsea can skate any time she wants to.

2. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I believe that calls for a "beat down" of said neighbor.. That would majorly piss me off. Unless my kid was skateboarding on her car or something similar.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Just a guess, but I'd think the first step is to find out if there are any city regulations regulating skateboarding, and also check out the 'disturbing the peace' regulations. Once you know the actual written rules you'll be on firmer ground. A restraining order is an option, but at least here they're only issued in relation to a civil suit (a protective order can be issued in the event of family violence concerns).

Google shows that what you want is a Civil Harassment Restraining Order. See http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/protection/civharassform.htm

4. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Thanks, that may be the direction I'll have to take with this lady. I have noticed that every few weeks that go by that she does not have her place sold, she gets crankier and meaner in general. She has already ticked off two agents and I am suprised she found a third one to list her property!

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Get your wife to smack that ***** down.

I hate people like that. I remember seeing a 20/20 specials like 10+ years ago on some lady who has a record of suing everyone over everything. She was suing her neighbors, because their kids basketball playing (during the middle of the day mind you) was causing her mental and physical distress.

I still have yet to figure out why skateboarding is still so frowned upon by law enforcement.

6. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    get an old skateboard wait until she goes out then throw it through her front window.

7. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006

haha yeah, i was thinking the same thing.

8. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    That and slapping her sound tempting, but I'm not the fly off the handle, violent type. In a sense, her attitude is actually good for me to witness, as work has been impossible the last couple of weeks and I have been on that hairy edge of going bozo. Her verbal actions have made me look at a part of myself, and I have not been that uptight the last few days!

Back to her, I think the best thing I can do is not get baited by her going off the handle at Chelsea. She's the type that wants an argument and I won't give her one. I did print the above stated link and that would be the best action.

9. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I would go have a chat with the neighbor. Be polite but firm. Probably, it's going to disintegrate into a pissing match but if you can keep it intelligent and reasonable then that's the best way.

Before you complain about her yelling at your daughter, find out from her what her beef is. If it's just 'skateboarding', then find out WHY it bothers her? I can tell you at my office we have kids skateboarding and biking in the parking lot, and I usually shoo them away. Not because I am a cold hearted ****** (even though I am), but around 3-4pm is when the kids all come by and that's right when we have delivery trucks zipping around the building. Maybe this lady thought she was in danger or maybe she was doing something she shouldn't have been like bouncing off doorsteps or cars or something?

Find out the rules and inform the lady of them also (assuming your kid is allowed to skateboard). If the lady doesn't "get it", then let her know you'll thank her to not verbally harass your daughter in the future, and should she have any concerns to call you FIRST. Try it that way but if it does degenerate into a shouting match just tell her to STFU and back off and then go get a restraining order on her.

Don't tell her you are getting a RO and don't tell her you will get one "next time" because I damn well guarantee you she will go get one first then you're screwed. Don't threaten it, just do it - assuming the mature, reasoned out discussion doesn't work.

Or just knock on the door and when she answers, kick her in the gunt.

10. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    +1

If some old hag was harassing my daughter I'd be in her face with the quickness, but that's me and I have a wicked temper. ;)

11. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    what language did she speak..........racist. lol lol lol

12. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS

13. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Where's the snipers?

15. The Rig

The Rig Karting

Sep 5, 2006
    Tucson
    Full Name:
    Gerry Shanks
    Just inform your neighbor that if she wants to have any chance of selling her place, she better make nice. Otherwise youll make sure that any prospective buyers coming to look will never want to move next to "the crazy guy next door."

16. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    how about renting a half pipe and have a skateboard party for all the kids in the neighborhood. get a few other parents involved. when nutso sees she's outnumbered she'll shrink back to her hole. we live on a cul de sac where the kids get together to skate and ride bikes. the parents are happy to have them safe and where we can all keep an eye on them. we had a similar proplem with the old biddy next door. the skate party shut her right up. especially when the sheriff put up the traffic cones to block the street.

17. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    And to Tatcat.......Great idea's! I can't wait until Halloween. She'll see every ghetto car in our county drop their kids off on our block from poor neighborhoods. It's really something to watch! That will drive her nuts!

I spoke with Melodie about posting a for sale by owner sign $15K under her price if she pisses me off again. I don't have to sell, but the sign will get me talking to my neighbors prospective buyers! This will drive her into a BK.