My Dream Garage in the Mountains | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My Dream Garage in the Mountains

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by SCantera, Jan 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Now my goal is to drive one of the cars each day. After working all day on the garage I finally have the freedom to drive nowhere. Been a long time to read this stage.

AD211, ronc52, readplays and 3 others like this.
  2. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Love the Alfa (on top of everything else)! On my list of cars to own. I was searching for one before opting on my F430, but it’s been a while since I’ve looked them up. Is it the 1600, 1750, 2000?

SCantera likes this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That’s incredible. Magnificent garage and awesome stable. Bravo.

SCantera likes this.
  4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    It’s a 1750. While not big hp the Alfa has great handling on the mountain roads.

marce and VAF84 like this.
  5. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Dream garage is an understatement!

Magnificent

SCantera and Eddie.h like this.
  6. Eddie.h

Eddie.h Karting

Mar 30, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Very nice. We are looking to move back to the research triangle area. After 42 years in the oil industry I would have to go with a Mobil Pegasus. The Gulf sign is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

colorfull and VAF84 like this.
  7. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    There are some cool Mobil Pegusus signs. I have a small Pegusus inside over a window. But red on the cedar/transparent finish doesn't stand out. Maybe better would be a sign with a white background where the flying horse doesn't get lost.

I made the choice for the Gulf because of the colors working with the stain on the log walls. The orange seems to complement the Sikkens "Butternut" 3 stage coatings.

Actually one of my favorites of all is the Sinclair Dino signs. Probably just because it reminds me of my long ago past. As does "Flying A" service station signs. I would want vintage signs not repros. Something about having a bit of corrosion and a less than perfect finish. Have a long way to go before I find all the right interior accessories.

bernieb and Eddie.h like this.
  8. NJRay

NJRay Karting

Feb 20, 2014
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Awesome project, congrats! I just got my plans back and my barn style garage will hopefully begin soon.
    Love the 458 spider, if you ever consider selling it I would be very interested, my favorite color! Cheers

SCantera likes this.
  9. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    The 458 is Blu Abu Dhabi. I had been looking for a TDF spider but missed two by a day over the last year. By happenstance one day I clicked on duPont Registry searching for a TDF. I get duPont emails ever day but for some reason I decided to search and this one pops up at Cauley in MI. Just so happens I am good friends with one of the salespersons at Cauley and made the deal the same day.

I drove the car from MI to our home in NC. I prefer my GT V-12s for long hauls. Only the last 40 miles home through the mountains did I finally get to enjoy the 458. I need more seat time here in the mountains to appreciate its capabilities. Looking forward to the get-acquainted experience.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Amazing garage and even more amazing collection.

11. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
  12. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
  13. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Absolutely amazing location, I've never seen anything like it. I have a mountain home not too far from you near Little Switzerland/Spruce Pine. I'm curious if you have found a good shop in the area for service on Ferrari's.

14. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I had all my cars serviced before they were moved from Naples to NC. I don't have a local shop but plan on using a shop in Greenville SC [forgot the name] when the time comes for service. They are Ferrari and other exotic experts. When I get the name I will DM you.

15. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I took delivery of my Moduline cabinets late last week and did the [minor] assembly and installation over the weekend. Initially I wanted to buy Matco cabinets but the prices are astronomical. Moduline cabinets are made in MA and are a quality product at a reasonable cost. I learned about Moduline from a search on FChat.....where I learn a lot!!!

Still have to remove the protective plastic and install the light rail and LED lighting system on the wall cabinets.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    any updates? I'd like to see the finished product and all the cars together. very nice setup and collection!

of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  17. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    My Dad still has his 1750 that he bought new in '69.... lots of fun.

I also quite like the bombay saphire lights.... i hope you helped in the construction of that one !

SCantera likes this.
  18. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    My fiance made the light fixture. But I did the hard work of emptying the bottles!!! We have saved Bombay bottles for 6 or 7 years. I never count them....the results might be alarming!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  19. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    They look nice! Did you also consider New Age...or other similar construction cabinets? How about commercial melamine construction vs metal? I need to do something in my FL garage better than the open shelving the place came with... :)