My experience with Autohaus of Boston | FerrariChat

My experience with Autohaus of Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by ddrewesusa, Oct 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    I am writing this post to say if you have a Ferrari around the Boston area, I would only have Autohaus of Boston take care of it. This post is a little long but I can’t help but detail why I say this. I would like to express my gratitude to Tony and Nelia at Autohaus of Boston. I just picked up my “ new to me” 599 and I am beyond blown away at the professionalism and the results of the work they did on my car. I don’t write reviews of my experiences, ever, but in this case I cannot help myself and want everyone to know how I felt. I would like to share my experience.

I was interested in a 599 that a nice gentleman had since it checked off all of my boxes. The problem? I am 1600 miles away and since this would be my first Ferrari, I would have zero idea of what to look for and how to evaluate the true condition of the vehicle anyway. Mike Berman of Yellow Compass Group (I will post about that experience in another post) put me in touch with Tony and said this was the guy you want to evaluate the car. Mike told me Tony was the expert, he trusted him and his credentials are second to none when it comes to Ferraris and I would have nothing to worry about. I spoke with Tony and had him perform a PPI on the 599. Tony drove over to the sellers home on a Sunday and performed the examination. I won’t bore you with the details but the PPI was very thorough and he said the car was in excellent condition. Well, that was an understatement, it was in perfect condition. Now back to what really blew me away and why I am writing this.

I wanted to have some work done on the car before I would receive it. I wanted all fluids changed, I wanted all scheduled maintenance done up to the 5 year schedule, I wanted the car paint corrected and full PPF done, I wanted the PPF, the rims and calipers ceramic coated, I wanted all the interior leather ceramic coated, I wanted the windows tinted with ceramic tint and most importantly I wanted only the best products used and the work must be perfect. Any defect and it would never stop bothering me. The question was, would Tony understand what my interpretation of “perfect” is? I have always had issues with people that performed work for me to understand what my definition of perfect is. Well, I can say that the work that Tony did to my 599 was “perfect”. I could not believe when I set eyes on her what an unbelievable job that was done. It was “perfect”.

Inside and out, the car is perfect. The PPF was installed the way it is supposed to be installed. I did not want PPF edges, I wanted the PPF to be installed where it would not have edges and no one would know the 599 had PPF on it. What needed to be removed was removed to ensure that the PPF was not cut around items and could be seen. Tony told me that is exactly how they do it and not to worry. When I saw it, all I can say is WOW. Totally professional and the job was perfect. The car was beautiful!!

The ceramic tint? Absolutely perfect installation. Tony called me and asked if I wanted the windshield ceramic tinted also. I did not want tint on my windshield and he informed me that it was clear. I didn’t know they actually had that and thank you Tony for bringing it to my attention. I had the windshield done and I am very happy I did.

Everything that was done was perfect and professional and I am now very unhappy that the people I trust to touch my new car are now 1600 miles away from me. If your Ferrari needs attention and/or you want it protected, you should talk with Tony and Nelia, I am very happy I did.

This was my experience. Here are some pictures of my incredible 599.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Congratulations!
    Looks gorgeous. 599's are super cars.
    Enjoy in good health.

Marcel Massini

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  3. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Saw the this 599 when I recently took my F12 to Tony for some service items. Beautiful job on the ppf. Really. Hard to see in pics.

If I need anything further I’m going there.

Also Worked with mike in the past - got it done.

Recommend both.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app