My F40 is home | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My F40 is home

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 410SA, Sep 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2. JCW328

JCW328 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey C. Wilk
    Great car and great pics. Also, I checked on your profile: that garage (if you can call it that) in your photo is fantastic.

3. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Alex, congradulations!!!!!! That is one of the few original F40's left isn't it? More pictures PLEASEEEEEE....

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    It's all original, except for an added radio/CD which I will remove.

5. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I'm getting my money's worth out of this subscription. Here's a bunch more pics.

6. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
  7. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    SO AM I!!! If you do the math its about $0.04 a day. Alex do you plan on putting anything aftermarket on the F40 or are you ganna keep it stock? I hope i can see you and your F40 at a drive oneday, that would be wonderfull.

8. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  9. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    WHY? Is the F40 not loud enough? And im sure one day stock F40's will be really rare.

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Honestly, I love the sound w/ tubi.

11. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I have never heard it.... =(

12. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I'm planning on keeping it stock. I have a feeling that this car will reflect the the fact that Enzo was still involved when it was developed, once it reaches 25 years since production began.

If you look at what is happening in the world of 275 GTB's and Lussos you can get an idea of the upward valuation of an increasingly rare class of cars.
    F40's were limited to a 5 year production span and were only made in one unique body style. They don't look or perform like any other Ferrari. So many F40's were tracked and trashed over the years and there are probably very few unmolested cars out there. I looked for several years before finding one.

13. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Congrats my friend...you have a wonderful car. One of the reasons why I love the F40 is because of the fact that, as you said, Enzo was still envolved. To me it is what a Ferrari is all about: A performance car above all others. :)

14. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I was thinking about driving to Naples but now I am thinking of staying put here. I live in a large 30 floor hi rise with metal sutters on all the windows. I plan on closing the shutters & going as far inside the apt as I can get. I cant see a Hurricane really doing much damage to this stucture, It would have to be a 500 ft + tidal wave to knock this over, I hope

F 40 is going to Martins Bunker for safe keeping

I just filled the tanks in the Tahoe & spent $300 in the supermarket so I think I'll be ok until SUnday or Monday or whenever the storm passes

Have to call Salvation Army & donate some stuff tomorrow. I plan on going out on Sunday to see where I can help out

Ive been through Sept 11 in NY & Dec 20 in Buenos Aires so I guess I'll see Sept 3 in Miami this year

15. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Great looking car. Congrats!

16. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Be careful William,

It sounds like you’re in for one hell of a weekend. Keep us updated if you can.

Good Luck.

17. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    William, where do you keep all your cars?

18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ALEX,WILLIAM, All the best on the cars. Just beautiful, enjoy in good health for many years to come.Any engine shots !! Keep safe over the storm.

19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

Alex:

You did this on purpose!! You know that my F40 is the only Fcar that I have ever really missed!! Car looks great!! Well done!

Give me a call and we can do a little driving this weekend. Can't do Sat because of my radio show...but let's hook up.

Ciao
    Dino

20. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Hey Dino
    I may need some of your weight loss products to fit in these seats!

I'll call you next week and hopefully we can hook up somewhere. How's the AMG beast these days? extracted any more horsepower?

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks great! Make sure to tell me when you are going to bring it down to CC. :)

22. ultgar

ultgar Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Steve D'Gerolamo
    Good luck with the car and getting through the next storm. Since the starter gets it's ground from the alternator, the starter button may not work if the alternator is bad. Unfortunately, you'll have to source a replacement through FNA. Of course, knowing you and your company, you probably have some neat product on the shelf that'll do the trick! SteveD

23. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    You do not buy an F40 Alternator from FNA, they are $1,300.00, you can get the exact same one from your local parts store for under $150.00 (they are a stock Delco unit).

24. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I know what I'll be taking 90 billion pictures of at Concorso... And drooling over.

25. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    Alex and William,

Congratulations on your aquiring some fine Ferrari machinery. This is one Ferrari that I have on my wish list. Hope you get to enjoy them as much as you would like to.

Ross