My F430 has a LoJack system installed. | FerrariChat

My F430 has a LoJack system installed.

Discussion in '360/430' started by saudio, Sep 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've never used it or even explored how it works because I don't ever park it overnight anywhere except my garage. Does anyone here have that system and does it have any value or practical use?

2. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Why don't you do what I did in a search engine of your choice "lojack" and it will give you quite a bit of information. The idea is if your car is stolen, the company lojack can remotely turn on a transponder which has been hidden somewhere in your car. This allows the police to find it. A few years back, a someone in Germany was trying to sell a 288 GTO and the prospective buyer,stole the car on a test drive. It was either lojack or a similar theft prevention system which allowed the police to quickly find the car. When I first bought my F430 I entertained the idea about having lojack installed but didn't; partially due to the fact few Ferrari's get stolen.

3. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks! I did poke around at it on the internet and got an idea of what it was for, but I didn't know if it was something people didn't use anymore. I search here and the latest posts about it were 2015 :)

I think I'll just let the next owner decide if he or she wants to activate and use it. Thanks for the response.

4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    There are more modern GPS based systems that are more accurate than the Lojack. Systems that you can monitor yourself without the need of a middle man.
    You still, however, have to pay for the monthly tracking. Using your phone you can set a 'fence' from your home or if you took it to a dealer for service.
    These newer ones also allows you to lock doors and shut off the engine via cell phone.

I've been meaning to install one in my car but like you said, few f cars get stolen.