My F430 track ride.... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My F430 track ride....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FFOUR, Feb 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

you leave his grandma out of this, she's a lovely old sole (sic)

heel be right :D

(this may be going over some people's heads considering the spelling and grammar in this place)

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    errrrrrrrrrrr

i don't think i need to comment on that one. you can bury yourself all by yourself.

hey...i just noticed...isn't it sweet how all the stupid people stand up for eachother?

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    LOL! Aircon breathing fire :D LOL

4. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    umm, I don't see anyone standing up for you.... :confused:

5. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Wanna lend of some ammo? You seem to be running out.

6. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Calling time out! Wine is opened and dinner on table. Hope it is fish (sorry Dingo, had to use it) so I get all the brain power that you have PP.

7. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    hellooooo, stupid here :D

8. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    my dinner is 2-3hrs away, but thats just put me off it.

I just didn't want to say it. :)

9. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    There is more to weight transfer than it just going backwards and forwards. All the beachball / sack of concrete comments just expose a lack of knowledge when it comes to tuning racing suspension.

You have other issues to consider when cornering at the same time as accelerating and braking. It is very difficult to get right, as circuits are made up of different corners, all varying in camber, radius, inclination, surface smoothness, etc.

For example, if the suspension it set up wrong, you can have the situation where the rear will be unloaded too quickly during braking, possibly locking the rear and causing instability. Or if the front suspension isn't set correctly, one wheel can become unloaded and lock.

As fuel is taken on or consumed throughout a race, this weight acts as ballast which will alter the weight transfer of the car. Therefore, when taking on a tank of fuel, you would move the bias forward to compensate for the increased weight put on the front wheels under braking, and vice versa as you burn off the fuel.

I could go on and on giving more examples and explaining how you make adjustments, but my point it that Aircon is right about weight transfer being one of the most critical aspects of achieving the best braking.

10. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    don't be shy, we're not ;)

on another tack, I was taking some photos of the car this arvo and totally screwed them up :(

I'm blaming the cheapskate camera so am after a reasonably priced (remember PP and I can't afford to subscribe to this "fine" site) digital camera with about 6 MP and slr functionality ... nothing over a grand

..and it's got to be simple because I'm stoopid (plus I will never use all the functionality , on principle!!) .... I still haven't read the manual on how to send sms because I refuse to be like Warney :D

11. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    show me the photos and I'll tell you if its the camera or you.... :p

Then I'll tell you what to buy, if anything.

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    thank you Albert, we were j/k , Steve and I do know a little about corner weighting as we piss around in rallies and trackdays too

and agreeing with PP will only make him worse ....PLEASE DESIST!!!!

he'll stretch my helmet :D

13. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

no no no , trust me , it's the camera :p

I'm "too smart" to make such basic mistakes :D

14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    #89 moretti, Feb 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

that car looks so good with the save ferris on it, i reckon a 430 could do with one!

16. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

but you are warney just like i am ash as he is me, you know wlarus stuff

17. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    "Show us ya tits!!" ........ ohh, I AM WARNEY !!!

Howzat ??!!

18. GTRMagic

GTRMagic Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Hey Mr Dee Jay....
    On topic for just a second (I know, I know its against the rules :D ) but that silver Lamborghini is just beautiful... the colour has a lot of depth to it... very nice indeed...

19. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    nah, 430s need to save the weight, they're a bit slow :D

20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Oi !!!

you know better than that :D

at least we don't get bitter and twisted about it like the poms did with Tearse

21. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #96 FFOUR, Feb 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1. There is way too much grain/noise in the picture, although I've removed some of it in the attached picture (plus a few other adjustments). Do you know whether you can adjust the ISO on your camera? If so then set it to the lowest possible setting (50 on my camera), its most likely on auto which always results in too much grain.

2. Not sure how light it was at the time of the pic, but if the shutter speed starts dropping below 1/40 its best to use a tripod or something else you can rest the camera on.

What model camera did you take that photo with?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    anyone ever thought it was the cars' fault

23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    the camera is the wife's HP "gift" I received for "accepting" a drop in my pay :(

it's fully cheap !!! and auto as I like to use my Nikon and Olympus SLRs for proper shots and underwater photography but I haven't used them in years :(

just need a reasonable digital camera with quality and SLR not gadgets

lighting was late afternoon which didn't help

24. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    gees, what a load of crap on here today........ caused by peepee as usual. What an asset to this community he is.

I blame Carl, as he has often quoted how "tyres are the ultimate variable in stopping ability"

Technically, this is quite true of course, however, it is massively misrepresentative of what really happens.

Braking is the reverse of launching... and we all know that we can launch our cars quite differently if we try...... tyres, clutch engagement, throttle application etc

Having better brakes.. (higher coefficient of friction, better hydraulic ratio/surface area, rotor size etc) makes BIG differences on the way a car stops.

Steel brakes only work at their best in a quite narrow window of temperature... which is also quite low. Carbon Ceramic work at their best over a larger window, and at higher temperatures.

Typically, the driver and passenger notice a much better bite at equal pedal pressure as the steel set up... making them assume the ceramic brakes are better. Of course, the brakes don't stop any better for this one stop, but the stop is easier to achieve for the driver. This is due to the better friction application and delivery and control, and progressive nature of the pad/ disc material... just like us doing a sharp pull away on a launch or a smooth one, just in reverse....

BUT, the steel brakes will soon start to degrade, and this is where the ceramics come in.... they WILL stop better time after time....

Bottom line...
    peepee once again misrepresents and distorts fact in a simplistic attempt to be argumentative for no reason or purpose..

carbon ceramic brakes are better (shorter stopping distances) than steel brakes...... in normal use.
    For one stop, theres no difference.

peepee, you're an idiot.

25. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    This will be as good a time as any to grab the popcorn! :D