My F430 track ride.... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

My F430 track ride....

Discussion in 'Australia' started by FFOUR, Feb 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Something like this is nice ($599) - http://www.canon.com.au/products/cameras/digital_compact_cameras/powershota620.html (I'm a Canon fan)

The 7.1MP is overkill just for internet/PC photos, you only really need it if you're going to print them out (large size).

In the end any middle of the range camera will take similar type photos, it all comes down to the user.

Keep in mind these cameras usually have a small optical zoom (3x or 4x), so you need to decide if you need that or not (mine is 12x for example).

The simple solution is just to use the Nikon or Olympus, can't go wrong there. :)

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Quiet before the storm... :D

I think I can hear the rustling of leaves in the distance... I wonder if it's PP?

3. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Now just to get back on topic.....

There was no official timing at the trackday but from the video I timed the 2nd F430 lap at around 68-69sec.....how does that compare to times at the Rally in October?

4. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't think your Horsey on the grille is on correctly JM?

I am sure it drives just the same though :)

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    OK since we've got so many braking smarty pants' at the table, I have a question.
    If you decrease the master cylinder bore of the front brakes on a dual master setup, eceryhting else staying constant, will you move the brake bias frontwards or rearwards?
    My theory is the smaller bore requires more pedal movement to displace same amount of fluid. Since the rear does not change, brake balance would move rearwards. The reason I ask is I was told the exact opposite today, which doesn't make sense to me.

6. chewy7

chewy7 Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Brisbane, QLD.
    Full Name:
    Shane
    Nice looking beast there John, Was that pic taken on soverign island???

how do you get away with no front # plate too? :D

are you planning on taking it on any trackdays? id love to grab some pics of it in action :D

With cameras, Id stick to the Nikon and Cannon range, you cant go wrong with those two brands.

7. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    hmmm I polished the grille last night and the horsey is bolted on so I don't know if it can be placed any other way :confused:

but if you say it's wrong I better look into it :(

you would have noticed both driving lamps are missing - broke both of them when the spoiler hit the driveway and got pushed up onto the lights and broke them :( ($120 each , it never stops does it ?)

I also got the front end of the car's chassis to look like your 308s, pulled all the front end off and had the panelbeaters fix all the rust and redo the chassis and subframe but still a long way off yours but I'll get there

9. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    thanks Shane, yeah Sovereign Isle

I took the front plate off and liked the look so much I think I'll keep it

plus they'll never catch me :D

they have trouble with M3s driven by ya standard BMW wacker so ...

10. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Within the limitations of the tandem mechanical set up, the bias won't change at all. All that will happen is that the smaller cylinder will move further, making the swing arm between cylinders tilt toward the smaller one... reducing efficency of leverage, and possibly fouling/binding on itself. This is potentially dangerous, and could be argued to bias slightly toward the larger cylinder..

Front/Rear Cylinders should be the same size as each other wherever possible, and bias is adjusted by moving the centre of pressure bewteen the two.

Cylinder size should be changed to compensate for pedal travel/pressure, if unsuitable... non boosted systems will require quite different pedal/push rod ratio to boosted system.

I'm surprised you cant easily get a tandem set up which retains boost... it would be really good... nearly as good as the stock ABS.... why you'd remove ABS is beyond me. It's slower without it. All a 550 needs is to reduce pressure limitation to the rear... and this can be done by removing/adjusting the pressure reducer... which is in line BEFORE the ABS unit... the ABS unit cannot control actual pressure, merely switch it on and off...... it just deals with what it receives....

which can be adjusted and you can keep ABS.... perfect.

11. chewy7

chewy7 Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Brisbane, QLD.
    Full Name:
    Shane
    It does look very nice without the front plate!!

My bro took off his front # plate in his m3, but after a cop going the opposite direction having a good look, switched on the sirens and turned around for a chase, he changed his mind :D (he was lucky enough to be near garden city shopping center and found a empty car park quick smart :p)

12. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Can someone explain to me the "save ferris" thing.

I saw it on the Mt Buller cars too.....

I know about the "Ferris Buellers' day off" movie... but that's years old, so why the recent infatuation with this "save Ferris" thing...?

I don't get out enough.

13. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    it's a mindset thing Phil .... have a laugh with the world about Ferraris

"if you had access to a car like this would you take it back ?"

14. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    what?, explain the part about saving ferris then... in layman terms. I really don't get it at all.....

15. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    oh dear, ..... remember that he took the day off sick ..... right, then they were having a whip around to "save Ferris" because he needed a lung transplant while he is out gallivanting about in a Ferrari .... .well, the "save Ferris" stickers are just a reminder of the fun the cult movie had with life and Ferraris ........

actually goober and I are tying to save Ferris, he's sick and we need a donation, please send $100 to J.Moretti c/- the Nigerian Consulate

16. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

errrrrr....oooooookkkkkkkkkkkkk

in normal use ceramic brakes have a shorter stopping distance than steel, you say? NORMAL use...you say?

yep.....*I'M* the idiot.

the trouble with you, phildo, is that you're so determined to try and show me as being wrong all the time, that you have to resort to lying contradicting yourself then YOU call ME the idiot. sort of backfired there, didn't it?

Oh well.

17. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    So am i worthy of one or not, i asked you in another thread.

18. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    riiiIIIIIgggGGGGhhhhHHHHtttTTTT......

ha ha hardy haha.

ha

ha

SoOOOO.. why has it appeared on ALL Mt Buller cars as compulsory signage.... not just Ferrari's.... and why has it suddenly become popular after about 20 years since the movie....

19. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Did you join the EC crew? :D

20. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I think I need a Save Ferris sticker on my car too then, it is red afterall. :D

21. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Normal use... meaning the type of use normal people give normal Ferrari's, even in normal track circumstances.

To clarify further..... similar pedal pressure = shorter stopping distance with ceramics, in normal road and track use.

The more the stop is repeated, the better the advantage of ceramics.

Ceramics have a better modulation than std road steelies... kind of similar (in reverse) to getting the best out of the tyres when launching by feeding the clutch in, or snatching it.....

I'm not interested in proving YOU wrong peepee. If ANYONE had said what you said, the way you said it, they would have got a similar response....

22. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    what?

23. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I've tried hiring that film about 5 times... every time I do someone is already renting it! Guess it is still popular all these years later. :)

24. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    what the hell has that got to do with stopping distance?? and it's a ridiculous assertion too, btw.

what's that got to do with the stopping distance? that might help with trail braking etc...but just hitting the anchors at the end of the straight?? SFA,

ok....i'm convinced. trouble is, all you proved is that phil, you're a dill. can't see the woods for the trees and you're clearly in denial.

the end.

good night.

25. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002