My fastetst FXX's video | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My fastetst FXX's video

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Manuma, Nov 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Maybe you should film a video in your FXX and show us how to drive like a 'racer'.

?

2. RaginBull

RaginBull Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Good Lawd! That just made me even more envious...what the hell does that thing tach out at? Sounds amazing

3. marinelo

marinelo Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Cant catch my breath!

4. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    He is on a track, he can't kill anyone besides himself..

And he is not racing, he is playing and having fun drifting..

Spade..

5. Racerboy

Racerboy Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Bay Area
    You obviously don't track much, if you did you would know that you can most certainly hurt others with poor driving. I have seen poor drivers like this take someone else out... more than once and narrowly escaped these same drivers myself.

What he is doing is shoddy driving with some luck. As Blocktrader said, he turns in way to early and abruplty. Drifters do this, but any good driver is much smoother and is right back on the throttle after upsetting the car. You can see his luck when he almost looses the FXX with too much throttle and does a one-hander correction.

It is only a matter of time until we read something horrible about this driver, especially with his foolish lack of saftey equipment.

Regardless, the vids are entertaining.

6. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    THIS IS A REPOST:

Maybe you should film a video in your FXX and show us how to drive like a 'racer'.

Regardless, any vid of any FXX with any driver is entertaining.

7. Racerboy

Racerboy Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Bay Area
    I wasn't criticizing the video, the FXX or the fact that he posted a video of him driving an FXX. I don't own an FXX but I do know how to drive.

8. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004

Last time Manuma posted a video, I mentioned that while the video was entertaining, he should have invested some of his time in professional driving lessons.

The same comment applies now - while we all appreciate the videos, as they are indeed entertaining, Manuma should spend some of his time learning how to drive correct line with correct hand placement. I feel that this critcism is constructive, and is a comment on the video rather than a personal attack.

starboy, your statement that others should "film a video in (their own) FXX and show us how to drive like a 'racer'" doesn't make much sense. It was Manuma that posted his videos on a public forum, not us. In doing so, his goal was to elicit response from the viewer and generate conversation - and that is exactly what happened.

If I were to post 4 videos of myself driving wildly in an Enzo or FXX while messing with my cell phone, I too would expect that it would generate comments, appreciative and otherwise.

9. Ak3

Ak3 Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2005
    Svezia
    Nice videos again....
    Must have been another fantastic day :D

10. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Great videos, very fun to watch..:)

But I'm not sure I would have that much fun riding with you in the FXX. Maybe if it was Schumi or any professional driver sliding the FXX like that, I would go for it.

Very brave driver you are Manuma. watch yourself.

11. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I agree, I was just being a little sarcastic. Perhaps the fact that they were driving in daily clothes, not protective wear, explains why he was not pushing the car to its absolute limit.

Maybe he could post another video, when he is suited up with helmet, boots etc and drive more "on the limit"?

12. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    Manuma that is your dad's car right? Who is driving and who is passenger?

13. crazy-enzo

crazy-enzo Formula 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Netherlands, Velsen
    Full Name:
    patrick vd knaap
    i think that manu drives the car, he's always sliding the enzo ;)

14. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    To all the armchair race car drivers here, it seems Mr Manuma must have some skills given his Fiorano laptimes:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135645427

Anyway, the videos were excellent and a big thanks once again to Manuma for giving us another glimpse at their incredible FXX.

>8^)
    ER

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    The only dodgy thing was the lack of helmets - other than that there was nothing 'dangerous' displayed in the vids...

16. Blocktrader

Blocktrader Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Boca Raton
    Full Name:
    Mike R.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say my comments are more geared toward consistency. The fronts grip will not fall off appreciably while carrying a moderate slip angle. The problem is unwinding at corner exit. It's less predictable. There's a difference between running a fast lap and finishing a race.

Again, I hope this is not taken the wrong way, and I hope none of the comments here discourage the original poster from posting videos here in the future.

17. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    One thing that has bothered me about these attacks on his driving is the fact that people have just 'assumed' that he was trying to lap the track as quickly as possible, when it is absolutely clear that he was not. By watching the video it should be clear that he has some real experience driving on the track. Many of the catches he manages clearly required blazingly quick reactions with his hands, and he pulled them off. And to the comment about him not being safe... not sure where that is coming from. The track was extremely sparsely populated in these videos, and there was more then enough space between any other car. Couple that to the fact that the other drivers out on track also appeared to be quite competent as well, the risk of car-car impact was minimal.

Just being able to control a car with that much horsepower while you are driving it sideways requires a large amount of skill and experience.

18. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    First time I think an Enzo is lame =( Should not have watched the FXX video first. Regarding hes driving skills, a few laps when playing around shows nothing imo. Fiorano times shows alot !

He did some strange shifts mid corner that must have been mistakes, or ? Handing over your cellphone in 250 km/h showes your playing, not racing =)

Anyway sick video and I wish my dad had the same interest for cars =)

I´m looking forward to see and hear a FXX on track nest season !

19. Tahoe Guy

Tahoe Guy Karting

Jan 16, 2006
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    Thanks for posting those vids of the FXX and Enzo Manuma. Personally I think your driving skills are better than most. I don't think you were going for the quickest time on the laps, I think you were just having fun. What impressed me is being able to catch the car very quickly with out over-correcting when it did get out. You did this not once but a few times, so for those who keep critisizing you, they shouldn't speak untill they record themselves doing quick laps in an FXX, then they can compare.

If I critisize your driving would you give me a chance to prove I am a better driver in that FXX? :). Please? Just kiddn.

By the way, frankly I think you should find one of the McLaren F1 Pit Crew helmets and paint it black so you would look like Darth Vader. I think that would be bad ass.

20. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks for the videos, very nice driving! You seemed very relaxed driving that thing at crazy speeds..

21. JTA

JTA Rookie

Dec 13, 2004
    Entertaining videos, but some of the most careless driving I think I have ever seen. The lack of regard for himself, his passenger and the other drivers and track employees is pretty outrageous. Talk about being selfish.
    I especially like the part in the FXX video when he is searching for his cell phone while trying to pilot the car at well into triple digit speeds with one hand on the wheel as he approaches a sweeper.

As far as drifting talent, I can only laugh. He managed to fowl that up as well.

If you want to kill yourself that is fine, though considering you are driving around in your daddy's cars likely only empowers the notion that you think you are invincible. For the sake of others around you that actually realize they are mortal, please rent out the entire track the next time you try to be an internet hero.

22. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Excellent first post.

Do you feel better about yourself now. :rolleyes:

>8^)
    ER

23. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea

This is too much...Manuma makes those videos to amuse himself, to entertain his friends and Fchatters.

There are many videos on internet showing some stupid guys driving at 200 mph on motorways. Those guys are dangerous, not Manuma.

Best

24. Manuma

Manuma Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Manu
    I'm happy if most of you appreciate my videos.

I don't post them to show if I am a great driver or not.
    I'm doing them only to show you how is an Enzo or a FXX.

I thanks Blocktrader that want to help me to drive better and he write it with education.

For the other I don't mind.
    As Peloton wrote I made the record made by customers in Fiorano.
    In Monza at Ferrari Mondiali I made the 3rd fastest lap with 15% of tyres.
    The first 2 are professional driver and the last time I have driven the Fxx was in march so I'm happy for my lap.

In these videos I wasn't racing, i wanted only to make some "drifting" because on the net there aren't videos of Fxx doing this.

I made driftings everytime in the same turns where I was more sure so I don't think I was risking anything.

25. crazy-enzo

crazy-enzo Formula 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Netherlands, Velsen
    Full Name:
    patrick vd knaap
    manu do you have an vid of the FXX "drifting" from the outside just like the 2 enzo ""drifts" you did?